PDA

View Full Version : Airwaves Ducati

scrumpster
07-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Just received confirmation that Shakey Byrne and Leon Camier are to be riding for Airwaves Ducati in the BSB next year, now that makes for a very interesting line up and I for one am pleased that they have two top riders. Camier is a very awe inspiring up and coming youngster. I reckon it's 'watch this space'

Thumper
07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Oh cool thats good news was really gutted when they threw the toys out the pram and said they were off and not coming back to BSB. Just a shame Lavilla is jobless at the mo, hes a great rider for Airwaves Ducati and deserved a place!

neilbaldry
07-11-2007, 10:18 AM
i reckon he will be back off to WSB if he can. but yeah, nuff respect to the man, i liked Greg, thought he did the series a world of good. sad to see him go

kevm
07-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Be interesting to see how Camier fares after his accident at Cadwell. Sure he will be fine and what a great combination of riders! Think haslam is making a mistake not staying put.

gremlin
07-11-2007, 03:05 PM
I would have thought they would have kept Greg and put a youngster with him. That would have given them a stronger position having an older more experienced rider there to show the newbie the ropes. But good luck to Camier just hope it's a lucky break this time!

scrumpster
07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
From what was said Greg wanted a year off and then go back to racing after a break. He is a lovely bloke but addicted to his mobile I think, everytime I see him, it's glued to his ear :D

gremlin
07-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Bless him, the problem is he is getting on a bit so he won't be as desirable in two years. Our butcher met him in a cafe in Wymondham and said he was a thoroughly good bloke but so was Haslam, both had time to talk. Mind you our butcher also is good mates with Agostini which seems a bit bizarre. Apparantly they raced together years ago!

neilbaldry
07-11-2007, 11:36 PM
i would never have guessed Wymondham was such a cool place?!

ladybird
08-11-2007, 08:12 AM
does your butcher win a luvvie award ;)

gremlin
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
He ought to bless him! He's pretty close to retirement and so quiet but when you get him talking about bikes he's amazing. Apparantly Wymondham is the place to be when BSB is at Snetterton, the teams use the cafes, Airwaves just happen to use the one opposite the butchers. Don't know if that is the preferred one or whether the one the other end of town gets used, I'll have to lurk next year and find out! It's probably a good place to catch everyone without the pressure of the track making them tense.

neilbaldry
08-11-2007, 10:53 AM
damn! UKMOC Norfolk day out to Wymondham next time the BSB is at Snett! we can lurk around the butchers to get a butchers! haha! see what i did there? damn im funny.....................

gremlin
08-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Don't give up the day job hon! Think the best day for star spotting is the friday apparantly! Perhaps we could do a UKMOC ride in.