PDA

View Full Version : Haslam to HM Plant Honda

neilbaldry
05-11-2007, 10:09 AM
read the other day that Leon has jumped ship and moved to honda for next season. who do you think will fill the void at Airwaves?

banditloon
05-11-2007, 10:41 AM
read the other day that Leon has jumped ship and moved to honda for next season. who do you think will fill the void at Airwaves?

Have they confirmed their racing next season yet?

gremlin
05-11-2007, 10:50 AM
He had said he'd prefer to stay with Airwaves if he could, but I guess with all the uncertainty he had to sign for someone to pay the bills. Although I thought it was only a letter of intent not actually a contract so he could still back out.

neilbaldry
05-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Have they confirmed their racing next season yet?

are Airwaves not competing on 2008?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2007/october/oct29-31/oct2907britishsuperbikeshmplanthondasignleonhaslma andcalcrutchlow/?&R=EPI-96670

i know its mcn, but there has to be a basis of truth in there somewhere!

kevm
06-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Haslam definately signed now for Honda. I think its a big mistake as the Airwaves team was coming so strong at end of last season and with the new regs, will do even better in the next. Can't find who is replacing Haslam and it seems not definate that Airwaves will field a team, although there will be a Ducati team in BSB.

gremlin
06-11-2007, 04:25 PM
If Airwaves do I guess Lavilla will be first rider. He was rather left out in the cold bless him. Alot of the top riders seem to have gone to WSB which means there will be spaces at the bottom for the R6 cup guys when the rest move up. Should make next season interesting.

Mr Cake
06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Ducati Corse pleaded with the BSB tech bods to use a race piston in the 1098 instead of the stock item, even offering to use other technical restrictions to compensate. BSB asked Ducati to provide evidence to substantiate their claims that the stock piston would not go the distance. They did but it also revealed a considerable increase in power. The outcome is that Ducati Corse have built an engine to the new "Supersport" regs, with the stock piston. I have no idea if GSE Racing are getting involved but its almost certain that the Buildbase Ducati squad will be coming over from Superstocks.

Dave

kevm
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Well there it is! Airwaves Ducati, in BSB again with 'Byrne' and 'Camier' what a combination! Haslam - BIG MISTAKE!!

Mr Cake
07-11-2007, 08:22 PM
'Byrne' and 'Camier'
I don't rate either of them. They'll do nowt next year.

Haslam - BIG MISTAKE!!
I doubt it. HM Plant have won the title two years on the bounce. Did you miss it?

Dave

gremlin
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Will be interesting to see what Haslam does with HM Plant, they have been the top team and they did well at the TT so good all round performance. I'd like to see him win, but I'd love to see Ducati do better.