PDA

View Full Version : Not Good Day

kevm
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Been out today, great weather, firstly nearly lost front end on a very nice warm dry roundabout? Then when home, realised my dealer has fitted a Michelin Maccadam to the front of my M900 with a 'Pilot' rear and just when you thought all was not great, I fitted a nice neat tail tidy and number plate and noticed a f...............great nail in the new 'Pilot' rear!!! Okay people, whats the best tyres for my bike, not to worried about wear, more concerned for grip and handling? Am going for a pint!!! Kev.

Zimbo
04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Personally I like Pirelli Diablos, the Pilot Road 2 is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Thumper
04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I know mines a 600 but I am really happy with my Continental Road Attacks, they coped great on trackdays and are going well in this colder and wet weather too. Cheap as well compared to the other big names :)

The Kevlar Kid
05-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I know mines a 600 but I am really happy with my Continental Road Attacks, they coped great on trackdays and are going well in this colder and wet weather too. Cheap as well compared to the other big names :)

Oooo - just fitted some of these to mine (not ridden on them yet) - nice to hear (more) good things about them as I've always been a bit wary of Conti's

mad_turnips
05-11-2007, 08:20 AM
go to russ's tires ocean park or allan bro's albert road russ is better i use brigstones 0.14

jerry
05-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Who was the idiot dealer who fitted a Macadam to your Duacti, he should be shot!

I use metzlers MEZ4 , MEZ3 or Z6 all great.

banditloon
05-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I've never had any problems with Bridgestone BT010s / BT014s or Pirelli Diablo Corsa. Now onto Pirelli Diablos and they are working fine too :D

A lot better than the old Dunlops that were on there!! :D

kevm
05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Just so you all know, it was CMW the 'Major Ducati Dealer' in Chichester who decided to fit the 'Maccadam' and 'Pilot' mix!! Another one to avoid.

mad_turnips
05-11-2007, 02:16 PM
CMW's i didnt find that great use Moto Rapido in winchester they are much better Three cross wernt bad either just more expensive

M750att
05-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Interesting, i had this combo Pilto/ Mac fitted to my M 750 by Leeds Bike Tyre following a puncture to the matched Pilots, they asured me it was a compatable combination...

I also got a nail through a 100 mile old Mitch. Pilot and it was very effectivly mended for about 30 quid... might be worth asking about a fix?

both are squared off now so i will watch this debate with interest,

kevm
05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
When the front stepped out on me, I had done about 50 miles, 30 on motorway at speed, so warm tyres and the roundabout was in the sun and bone dry. Am sure everyone has there favourites and all the comments are good, but have decided to go with BT014's and they are being fitted at Russ Tyres in Portsmouth on Wednesday morn! So far have found them really helpful. Sure, they agreed that there is no 'Golden Rule' that the Maccadam should not be with a 'Pilot' but common sense says the softer compound ( Pilot ) would be better on the front if you must mix them! Perhaps the last owner of my bike wasn't quite so exuberant as me in the bends!?

gary tompkins
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Run 2 sets of pilot sports on the 900. Went to softer 's' compund front on 2nd set for more grip at front, as it felt a bit loose on damp roads. Good tyres and I'd give the newer Road 2's a try as/when I get it back on the road.