PDA

View Full Version : Biker Chic - Help Required

The Kevlar Kid
01-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Here's a question for the ladies on the forum... but suggestions welcomed from the guys...

Someone in the office has wangled themselves an invite to a 'Long Way Down' party, for which the dress code is 'Biker Chic' (thats 'sheek' not 'Chick' btw).

My question is WTF is 'Biker Chic' for a woman??? I'm guessing an Arai, and a set of Dainesse's would look a little out of place at a party :twak:, but someone here's suggestion of a leather bikini (found on a Google search) would be both innapropriate and a little chilly in Novemebr too ;)

Whadya think :scratch:

mad_turnips
01-11-2007, 11:30 AM
oil stained overalls knotted at the wiast and tshirt or

brolly dolly kit / NEC hostess

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sexy-Racing-Driver-Costume-Fancy-Dress-Smiffys-Fever_W0QQitemZ110184139217QQihZ001QQcategoryZ5844 9QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

;)

JerryXt
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Suzy Perry. She's an intellegent, articulate, successful role model. And she's British too!

scrumpster
01-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Jeans, long boots, a Ducati T shirt and a nice leather Ducati jacket ;)

ladybird
01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
anything that draws attention from the oily bike boots at the bottom (ie something that draws more attention to the cleavage) generally works as Chic for a girl doesn't it?

/me looks about hopefully

ladybird
01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Major New Fashion Looks for Fall 2007 Winter 2008
Top Twenty Key Trends

1. COATS - A major trend is for coats - seek Cocoon volume, Trapeze A-lines or masculine lean tailored fitted coats.
2. PLAIDS AND CHECKS - Big tartans and checks create punk influenced jackets, dresses, bags and coats.
3. ARMY & NAVY MILITARY - Sgt. Pepper - braids, brass, ornate pea coats, martial lines in black, navy, cream, olive.
4. GLEAM & SHEEN - METALLICS, LEATHER, PATENT, PLASTIC, RUBBER - shine, sheen, glow, glimmer and gleam.
5. BIKER BABE - Leather multi zipper biker jackets, sans studs. Supple leather knee coats worn with skinnies.
6. ARMORIAL - Clothes with hardware or reptilian textured leathers make the perfect warrior women.
7. 1940s GLAMOUR GODDESS GOWNS - Grown up dressing for girls who emulate 1940s satin clad sultry sirens.
8. SECRETARY DRESSES - Figure hugging midi dresses for hourglass bodies. Try sack, trapeze or pinafore alternatives.
9. OPULENCE - Pailettes and embellishment bulks-up to become passementerie. Deluxe gold trim overlays black.
10. SKIRT SUITS - Formal dressing made easy with matchy matchy jackets and full or pencil skirts.
11. SHOOTING PARTY - Lighter weight country look tweeds, moleskin and corduroy separates, but for town wear.
12. EQUESTRIAN - Sporting touches in boots and trousers. Think jodhpurs, crisp shirts, caps and riding capes.
13. MAN ABOUT TOWN - Androgynous dressing in high-waisted man tailored pants, or tuxedo masculine trouser suits.
14. GLOBAL NOMAD - Ethnic Mix - tribal look that evolves, refuses to die. Melting pot traveller clashing prints, patterns.
15. WINTER WARMERS - BIG KNITS - Every wardrobe will succumb to at least one item from oversized knit ranges.
16. QUILTED, PADDED & PUFFA LOOKS - Practical glamour for winter cosiness. This is edgy when styled well.
17. MONOCHROME - Black with white optical effects, grey knitwear and tailoring.
18. BLACK ON BLACK - Black texture is laid beside other textures. Matte against shiny, or dull against shimmering black.
19. COLOUR - Jewel colours, bold brights - orange, coral, pink, red, emerald green, amethyst and purple.
20. PURPLE - Any tone, any shade as long as it's purple. Amethyst, aubergine, puce, purple, mauve, lilac, lavender.

ladybird
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
oh, i forgot, jammy dodger :D have a lovely time

edit: if she can't figure out anything, mug her for the invite and pretend to be her

Danny
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
...Pit Bitch...!

Nonnie
01-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Stop right there!!!

We have this........(nice little logo there)

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=11140&d=1193945109

Or this?! Now wouldn't this look nice with knee length boots? I'm liking the piping very much. Tres retro 70's biker chic?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=11141&d=1193945122

It could be a little chilly in November, you are right but with a beer coat on, should be fine.

A slightly more sensible suggestion would be to ask Mand. She has the ultimate Biker Chic stylee.

The Kevlar Kid
02-11-2007, 09:35 AM
oh, i forgot, jammy dodger :D have a lovely time

edit: if she can't figure out anything, mug her for the invite and pretend to be her

Sadly I'd have to loose about 10 stone and grow some hair... otherwise nice idea :cool: I could do with a free :booze: I don't think the bikini would suit me either (scary scary thought)

There's a few tickets floating around at work - sadly none have come my way though :hissy: probably just as well as the wife thinks Ewan MukSpreader is rather gorge' :gay:

Suggestions still welcomed...

Mand
02-11-2007, 12:49 PM
(ie something that draws more attention to the cleavage) generally works as Chic for a girl doesn't it?

/me looks about hopefully

Only if she is wearing a correct fitting bra.... :chuckle:

Mand
02-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Suggestions still welcomed...

No tassels or studs.
No lycra.
No gortex.

Suzy Perry isn't cool.

Louise Brady is cool. Tell her to do a google image search for Louise Brady, she makes Suzy Perry looks like a proper minger.

J.P
02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Mand she's a looker alright. But not as sweet as you...