PDA

View Full Version : Ooooopppps

Shandy
01-11-2007, 06:47 AM
My MOT ran out on the 13/10/07 for the Monster a few days after it broke down. Now does anyone know if im in trouble yet and can expect a fine to hit the mat???

Cheers,

Shandy

PS: Bugger!!!!

NattyBoy
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Deffo..i've just grassed you up to the feds - lol !!

You should be fine mate - just get down steve lynehams asap ! Numbers 820630.

CK & AK
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
As long as its not been used on the road then you wont have probs Shandy - like if you have been caught speeding etc in the time you havent had MOT etc...
Just remember to book it in for an MOT rather than just going to a place on spec, as you'll be covered to ride there if it is booked in.

HTH

C:)

Gilps
01-11-2007, 06:54 AM
You will be fine. They do not chase MOT's. Obvioulsy they know whether you have one or not but that will only be picked up if you get stopped or picked up by a camera. I've never understood why they don't send you a reminder like they do with road tax.
You are not the first to miss the MOT date. I've done it several times.

Scotty
01-11-2007, 07:25 AM
eye it al be reet :look:

sadbiker
01-11-2007, 07:42 AM
The other month we were about to set off for manchester in my car, when we realised we couldn't find the MOT certificate, checked online and found out that was because it ran out 4 months previous. That was a big ooopps. Strangley we decided to use Cors car and mine stayed on the drive to we got back until it went in for its MOT. Passed flying colours thankfully.

slob
01-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I've never understood why they don't send you a reminder like they do with road tax.

Since you need the MOT to get tax, you shouldn't need a reminder really,
unless of course you once bought 6 months and they're now out of sync.
There is a handy little sticker with the expiry date on, on the new certificates.
I peeled mine and put it on the fridge, as a constant reminder.
Obviously you'll need a larger fridge to keep track of all the bikes you keep buying Paul.

Gilps
01-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Since you need the MOT to get tax, you shouldn't need a reminder really,
unless of course you once bought 6 months and they're now out of sync.
There is a handy little sticker with the expiry date on, on the new certificates.
I peeled mine and put it on the fridge, as a constant reminder.
Obviously you'll need a larger fridge to keep track of all the bikes you keep buying Paul.

a larger fridge means more beer storage. sounds like a plan.

sadbiker
01-11-2007, 08:01 AM
On the new MOT certificates you get a nice sticker which you put on your windscreen. Guess what. I have put it on mine. Have always booked my vehicles in advance for MOT's and this was the first time I mangaged to forget myself and then big style.

Headhunter
01-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Personally I'd say you're fooked, but that's because I just want to be different and go against the grain.

You should trade in your 600 - get an 848 and just replace the bike every 2.5 years. :thumbsup:

Stafford
01-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Shandy - like if you have been caught speeding etc in the time you havent had MOT etc...

I thought he rode like a girl? And it's probably still broken ;)

Shandy
01-11-2007, 09:22 AM
I thought he rode like a girl? And it's probably still broken ;)

Errr yes and errr yes although i have got the parts now, it's just cold in the garage!!!!!

Thanks all for the quick replies.

The tax is 6 months out from the MOT so might try and bring that in line to help my beer destroyed brain.

I like the sound of headhunters idea the best, if only i won the lottery last night :mand:

Cheers,

Shandy

gremlin
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Could put due date into the diary bit of your phone, I put our due dates in Clives work diary but even that didn't work this time and we missed the landys MOT, DOH. I don't know anyone who synchronises their vehicles tax, MOT and insurance.