PDA

View Full Version : 1st Sunday meet - 4th November

gary tompkins
31-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Hi folks

It's that time again, and although I don't wanna count my chickens yet the forecast looks pretty good. It would be nice to finish the end of the season off with a run, so weather permitting fancy a run out to Wessons cafe on Sunday.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=TN21%200ER&day=3

http://www.wessonscafe.com/

If anyone else is game & weather plays ball we can either...

1. Meet at cafe (oakdene) early and set off from there

2. Hook up at several places in smaller groups & head straight to Wessons

Either way I'd like to get to Wessons cafe at 11.oo for brunch, which would mean leaving this neck of the woods around 9.30 - what do you think?

GULLY
01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi Gary
That sound like a top plan to me.
see you at 9.30 sunday morning at the cafe.
a ride out and brekkie.
count me in

gully

J.P
01-11-2007, 09:32 AM
If all goes well with me picking my bike up on Saturday. I should be able to join you guys. Been ages since I've been out on the bike.

MilesB
01-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Sounds good to me - I suspect that Susan and I will head straight down to Wessons from Maidstone. If anyone wants to tag along for some fun cross country roads, PM me.

Miles

barbican
01-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Will try and get over there as well - 90% certain I can get permision :thumbsup:

scrapps
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Mmm sounds good but would be a early start for me :cry: to get to cafe for 9:30 need to leave 8:45 :mad: see wot i can do !

alan c
01-11-2007, 04:44 PM
sounds good to me, but need promt start so can get back early pm.
will keep eye on post and let you all know if can make it.

Humbucker
01-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Sounds good. will be nice to meet up with some Kenties before the end of the year.

Albie
01-11-2007, 08:38 PM
It seems ok at moment for me.

Gadget
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I am not working this weekend.
So should be up for a ride and breakfast.

barbican
03-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Any other Sussex / Hampshires fancy going along - should be a good ride

S4Rs-Tone
03-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Any other Sussex / Hampshires fancy going along - should be a good ride

would love to especially with the weather outlook, BUT, daughters gotta a footie match.

scrumpster
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm that way on tonight at the Banger racing in Eastbourne and if I hadn't said yes to going to lunch at the olds tomorrow I'd have had a run across there myself - doh!!!

barbican
03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Just went to fuel the bike up ready for tomorrow and - running like a pig!

Looks like the rod linking the throttle bodies has worked loose

Hope it will keep going!

alan c
03-11-2007, 07:31 PM
sorry will not make ride out tomorrow, hope you have good time and enjoy ride. hope to see you all soon, alan.

gary tompkins
03-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Sorry you'll miss out on run Alan :(

Still looking good weather wise for those that can make it

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tomorrow.asp?zipcode=TN21%200ER

See you at the Oakdene about 9.00 - with full tanks please ;)

S4Rs-Tone
04-11-2007, 02:28 PM
good to meet up with the kents ,yes that was KENTS. trust you all had a good ride back . thanks gary for the tea. look forward to riding with you all sometime.

GULLY
04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for today - good to see you all.
Had a great ride to the cafe and the brekkie was not too shabby at all. Bit bigger would have been better but hey ho.

Had a great ride with Gary T - it is a shame we got split up but still had a great ride.

It was great to see you all and looking forward to doing it again soon.

Gully

Albie
04-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Good ride out for us and I really enjoyed leading you all there. Thanks for that GT. I trust you all had fun after Wessons and sorry we really had to get back as Caroline has work prep to do and still is too. We had a decent run home too.
Nice to meet new faces as well. That ride to essex is a cert next year.

See you all soon and dont forget about the curry thing.:D

gary tompkins
05-11-2007, 07:46 AM
We were blessed to get weather that nice in November. Great run to wessons, yummy brekky and nice company :cool: Bit of a balls up meant I got boxed in the car park at the cafe, and left behind the group on way home. Thanks to Gully for hanging back and we had a nice ride via Battle, Hastings & Rye. JP rang me from Rye but didn't get the message until we stopped for petrol on way home.

Thanks to all that made the effort, and good to see a few new faces.

Any idea what happened to Gadget on no-show?

J.P
05-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks to everyone again. Had a great time and so did the wife.
On the ride home via Rye, sorry Gully & Gary, thought you were right behind, then you weren't.

Thanks to MilesB for leading the way through to Rye with some lovely roads. Definitely some for the SatNav. The autumn colours were great.

One thing though, I think Miles should have a word with Sue who was riding behind him. She made a couple of overtakes on the way home, that frankly, had Humbucker and me absolutely wincing they were that brave (dangerous).

MilesB
05-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks to MilesB for leading the way through to Rye with some lovely roads. Definitely some for the SatNav. The autumn colours were great.
The road from Hailsham to Battle was a new one for me - very enjoyable.

One thing though, I think Miles should have a word with Sue who was riding behind him. She made a couple of overtakes on the way home, that frankly, had Humbucker and me absolutely wincing they were that brave (dangerous).
The thing to remember is that the only person who can truely know whether an overtake is brave (dangerous) or not is the person doing it.

I don't look anymore...:on: She's scared the cr@p out of both me and herself in the past, and I've had words... :twak: But nowadays I trust her not to do anything too stupid. I trust her so much that we share the riding when we go on holiday - two up on the same bike... I have been known to doze when on the pillion perch, although I don't think I've fallen asleep properly (yet).

Seriously, Susan has actually been riding longer than I have - and I know her style can be more 'adventurous' than mine; I'm a big girly wuss me! :gay: The irony is that she bought the TDM to slow her down... didn't work. The Pegaso doesn't seem to be working for me either ;)

It was good to do a ride-out after Wessons, but I didn't realise that GT and Gully wanted to follow along - I thought it was just the four of us :o

Miles

scrapps
05-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Glad to hear you had a good run on sunday:spin: sorry i could not join you but had to collect james after a party and had chores to do :thumbsdown: I allso droped the ss of to mr r to get serviced and sorted so was a bit short of funds :Furious: .
Hope to see some of you at brands on the 18th :woot:

alan c
05-11-2007, 02:31 PM
glad you all had a great time and ride out with great weather, sorry i could not make it:thumbsdown:

dont believe gully moaning about size of breakfast, not your oakdene gut buster then ?

see you soon.

J.P
05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
We all missed your witty banter.

alan c
05-11-2007, 03:44 PM
thanks jp, is that what you call it. some people say i just talk sh-- ! :spin:

J.P
05-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, well that as well.

gary tompkins
05-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Forgot to say we witnessed the aftermath of a nasty accident near Battle. Got overtaken by an ambulance on a mission, and the came round a corner to see a guy lying in the road and a smashed up Harley. He was with a group of 5 or 6 bikes, and possibly a classic car pulling out at T-junction scenario. Looked grim as he was lying on the road & not moving when we appeared, but within a few mins the paramedics had him sitting up. Poor guy was bleeding a lot from the head and face, but at least he was alive.

Makes you think

barbican
05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Good to see everyone - shame we were late, would have been tempted to have the brekkie - fantastic weather for November meant the trip along the A272 was a realy good run on the way over, back allong the coast (A27) was less twisty but nice and fast - - - great

Thanks for organising it Garry (and thanks to all you Kenties for harbouring a Susexite)

Gadget
05-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Any idea what happened to Gadget on no-show?

Sorry chaps. I twisted something playing golf on Saturday, it left me with a splitting headache most of Sunday. Thing is, I was fine for work this morning. I need to see my osteopath before I damage anything else.

GULLY
05-11-2007, 09:49 PM
glad you all had a great time and ride out with great weather, sorry i could not make it:thumbsdown:

dont believe gully moaning about size of breakfast, not your oakdene gut buster then ?

see you soon.

Hi Alan
The food was very good but a bit bigger would be good.
you know me:p

gully

GULLY
05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
thanks jp, is that what you call it. some people say i just talk sh-- ! :spin:

you said baby:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
gully

gary tompkins
05-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Sorry chaps. I twisted something playing golf on Saturday, it left me with a splitting headache most of Sunday. Thing is, I was fine for work this morning. I need to see my osteopath before I damage anything else.

GOLF!?! :eek: