PDA

View Full Version : Box Hill and lunch this saturday

Nim
31-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Anyone fancy box hill and lunch this sat?

There are a few of us already planning on going (not all dukes!), thought it might be nice to get a good ride out before it gets so cold our fingers and toes shrivel up at the very thought of stepping outside :)

Im travelling from SW London (Wandsworth way)...thought we'd meet around 11am ish at box hill....have a nose at the bikes and get a cuppa, and then head to the Hand and Spear in Weybridge for a bit of posh pub grub.

If quite a few of us are going I might book a table, so lemme know!

I guess we can confirm on Friday, depending on how weather is looking

xx

PS i thought an 11am or so meet would give those form out of london and surrey a chance to get there without having to leave while its dark!

JerryXt
31-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I might get a pass. Forecast is good.

Nim
31-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I might get a pass. Forecast is good.

Excellent...

CK & AK
31-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Might see you at Box, if AK has got the van 'under control' for its MOT :)

C

banditloon
31-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Did I just read...

Hand & Spear... Posh grub???

Nah.. Can't believe it.. ;)

I'll see what plans are happening tomorrow. I maybe up for a journey back to my one time local pub (Brooklands college and the Randy Queer.... Marvelous!)

CK & AK
01-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Did I just read...

I'll see what plans are happening tomorrow. I maybe up for a journey back to my one time local pub (Brooklands college and the Randy Queer.... Marvelous!)

I thought the same about the food at the H & S - used to be one of my haunts.. many many years ago :eek:

Kato
01-11-2007, 08:08 AM
I thought the same about the food at the H & S - used to be one of my haunts.. many many years ago :eek:

Oh god my past is catching up with me ...........H&S was one of my haunts landlords son being my best mate managed to get away with all sorts of bad behaviour:mand:

Nim
01-11-2007, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=banditloon;229833]Did I just read...

QUOTE]

yes...its true ( i hear)...last time i was in the hand and spear, I was about 15 and threatening this boy that had upset my little sister (he was 6 foot something...was quite funny apparently!!)

of course, im all grown up now...would never happen :) haha

Diego
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Excellent. Do not mind dropping in myself. Never been in that part of the woods.

J.P
01-11-2007, 10:46 AM
I might be that way myself. I might drive by

singletrack
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I was thinking of coming - then I realised BOTH my bikes are going in for a service this weekend.
Bad planning :scratch:
I'll have to see if I can delay one until Monday:on:

Darry
01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm off to the Rugby again (come on the Quins!!), so its a no from me.

Have fun.

Darry.

CK & AK
01-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I was thinking of coming - then I realised BOTH my bikes are going in for a service this weekend.
Bad planning :scratch:
I'll have to see if I can delay one until Monday:on:

Sort yourself out woman!! - cant be Sharon-no-bikes for a weekend when its s'posed to be dry on one day!!
Drop the 2nd one in later in the afternoon before they close, if you dont go on for lunch you'll still make the dealer by 2 at the latest!

Sorted :D

Nim
02-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Well...looks like its a nice sunny day tomorrow....i though a good meeting point would be a petrol stn just off the A3.

Ive put directions below for those coming from North of the M25 (Milton Keynes way):

Take M25 junct 10 and get on A3 for London.... get off at first junction (called Painshill junction)....take 3rd exit (i think its 3rd exit) at roundabout towards Cobham and in a few seconds you will be Sainsburys petrol station (by a small roundabout).

Grab and coffee and wait there! Meet anyone whose coming at 11am at this petrol stn and then on to box hill :)

Feel free to PM me your mobile numbers if you're comin so we make sure we wait for people.

Nim
02-11-2007, 09:02 AM
ooooo...and hand and spear for 2pm if anyone just fancies popping down there...(weybridge)

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 09:12 AM
What time are you planning to be at Box? I've got to go to Pvt before box.

Nim
02-11-2007, 09:23 AM
What time are you planning to be at Box? I've got to go to Pvt before box.

id say we'd get there for 11.30- 11.45...stay till around 1.30...then head to weybridge....you think you'll meet us at the hill?

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Yup, I should be there to meet, but I might not be able to do lunch. Family stuff in the afternoon.

CK & AK
02-11-2007, 10:54 AM
id say we'd get there for 11.30- 11.45...stay till around 1.30...then head to weybridge....you think you'll meet us at the hill?

Oops, read your first post & made plans around the time to arrive at Box for 11, as need to be leaving there by about midday to go on elsewhere.......

Hope you dont get too held up on the way to Box, or we wont get to meet afterall

C

Rusty35
02-11-2007, 01:35 PM
I would like to come but I will not have my Monster until beginning of Jan and I cant live with the shame of turning up on my current newbie ride (Suzuki VAN VAN). Tell me if I did show would I get some stick? I could always park it round the corner, or maybe charge it down Box hill in order to catch you all on your departure to the Pub! I live in Buckland in Reigate, which is 10 mins from Dorking.

mad_turnips
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
:( no fair cancled a trip to london this weekend in favour of going to jersey this sucks would have loved to go on the ride

Rusty35
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Has anyone purchased a Ducati from either P&H Motorcycles or Metropolis, the guy at Metropolis in Vauxhall’s name is Damyana or something like that. Waiting
till Jan for the best deal I can get the S2R for, with Termi's etc.
:thumbsup:

J.P
02-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Rusty,
Metropolis & Damiano are good but there's little incentive for them to give discounts because there really big and always busy. I bought my first Monster there because I did my training through them.
I bought my curent Monster bike from Marcus at P & H in Crawley and all very good and very helpful. Not great at the discounts because I took the Zero interest option on the cost of my bike, I guess if you don't take the zero interest you can haggle for money off in some other way. I really liked Marcus and would highly recommend.

J.P
02-11-2007, 02:04 PM
and no one will worry of you don't bring a Ducati along. Think of it as a good way to meet people so that when you do turn up on your new bike we'll all know you already !

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Damiano is a really good guy. Metropolis are not the worlds best ducati dealer and I wouldn't let their mechanics anywhere near my bike, but he's a good bloke. He's Italian and speaks directly to the factory regularly.

Tell him Jerry and Nim sent you and we won't stand for any nonsense!

JP is a P&H fan and I know many people have bought bikes from there. Have you tired ProTwins? They're just up the road from you in Godstone. They're really big into racing but they're a dealer and have to shift Multistroodles as well as 1098S to keep their dealer status. I'm there on Sat morning about 10:30 - 11:00 if you want an intro.

Oh, and turn up at Box on the VanVan thing. You won't get left behind and if any of the Gixxer nutters get snooty, we'll set CK loose :) Everyone has to start somewhere.

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
oh, there you go - JP turned up :D

J.P
02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
It's like we have a Vulcan mind-meld Jerry.
I'll be at Pro Twins too, hopefully tomorrow (waiting for a call).
Don't want to pick me up from South Godstone train station do you at 10.53 ?

Rusty35
02-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Cheers Jerry, cheers JP! :chuckle:

I have had conversations with both Markus and Mr D at Metropolis. Marcus seemed very knowledgeable, maybe a little over kill on the sales side but a nice guy. Your right about their mechanics, they serviced my Bike and left the chain on too slack, I went over a huge pothole and the thing came off and locked round my back wheel. Fortunately I managed to keep the back upright and pulled to the side of the road. I will look into Pro Twins this weekend, Cheers.

Will probably come down then Sunday to say hi to all and check out your Bikes.

Rusty35

If I am dribbling please accept my apologies, the doctor said this condition would remain until Jan. Ha-ha :chuckle:

Nim
02-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Cheers Jerry, cheers JP! :chuckle:

I have had conversations with both Markus and Mr D at Metropolis. Marcus seemed very knowledgeable, maybe a little over kill on the sales side but a nice guy. Your right about their mechanics, they serviced my Bike and left the chain on too slack, I went over a huge pothole and the thing came off and locked round my back wheel. Fortunately I managed to keep the back upright and pulled to the side of the road. I will look into Pro Twins this weekend, Cheers.

Will probably come down then Sunday to say hi to all and check out your Bikes.

Rusty35

If I am dribbling please accept my apologies, the doctor said this condition would remain until Jan. Ha-ha :chuckle:

Dont worry, we're not all on dukes...and i might not be on my monster (999...yayayyyyy!!!).....i bought my 695 from damiano....altho most people say better to go to P and H...have a chat with us all sat and im sure we can help out :)

will you meet us at the hill, or the petrol stn?

Nim
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Oops, read your first post & made plans around the time to arrive at Box for 11, as need to be leaving there by about midday to go on elsewhere.......

Hope you dont get too held up on the way to Box, or we wont get to meet afterall

C

i know....i was trying to accomodate the far away people...hopefully we'll be at box hill by 11.30 and see you there!

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Rusty, it's saturday :D

And try to meet up with me or JP if you can for an intro. If you can't, then at least say that Jerry sent you. They're really busy Saturdays and they can seem a bit 'off' at first, but they're really good guys.

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
JP, I think we were twins separated at birth :D

It's an easy stroll from the station. Do you know the way? I'm thinking of splashing out on a cab or getting my old (he really is) man to take me down. It's nearly TWO HOURS by train... Life's too short.

J.P
02-11-2007, 03:05 PM
I know about the train. I've done it about 4 times recently and will be the same tomorrow. But don't worry I know the way and will probably see you there, otherwise I'll take a buzz up to Box Hill afterwards.

CK & AK
02-11-2007, 03:16 PM
............. and if any of the Gixxer nutters get snooty, we'll set CK loose :)

Thats another smacking you're in for, darling! :nash:

C:twak: :D

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 03:41 PM
LOL :D

causing mayhem across the interweb :)

ianrjam
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
We've got three Monsters in the household (M620ieDark, M800ieDark and S2R) so I'll have words when I get home.
Ian

jerry
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I would love to come on the monster but It is too far from Pattaya so i will ride down to Ban Chang with a few guys instead.

Take care jerry

JerryXt
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM
We've got three Monsters in the household (M620ieDark, M800ieDark and S2R) so I'll have words when I get home.
Ian

Welcome! Maybe introduce yourself in the New Members area.

J.P
02-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Is it possible to ride 3 bikes at once ?

Nim
02-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Is it possible to ride 3 bikes at once ?

yes. have you not tried?

Just a check that noone on this thread is meeting me at the petrol station in Cobham, cos i might just go striaght to box hill if thats the case...done want anyone to get left behind!

CK & AK
03-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Good to catch up with peeps today - even the sun shone warmly too :cool:

Lots there - several from Ducatisti including Monster Learner, and lots from here too - Banditloon, Nim, JerryXT, JP, Kato, Muttley, Myself & AK, Psychlist and also Henners & Stu - really good turnout for November!

Also new member Dave - who just HAD to shoot home & get his m900 to come & play! - nice to meet you :)

Mr Loon takes the gold for 'noise' today - have you found a way of selling it yet tho sir? :D

C

banditloon
03-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Good to see some new faces and the old familiar ones too :D

Mr Loon takes the gold for 'noise' today - have you found a way of selling it yet tho sir? :D

C

I think I'll release a single. Crazy Frog on my Ducati :D I've only heard her being run once (without me on it), when Dave at RC took her for the MOT. Oooo she sounds nice ;)

Nim
03-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Great seeing so many dukes at Box Hill!!

JerryXt
03-11-2007, 09:10 PM
At one point it seemed that there were more dukes than all the rest of the bikes combined :D

Nim, great to meet up again and good to see your bike on the road again. Didn't recognise Loons bike at first. It wasn't until I realised that Kato had pitched up on MsKatos 620 that I deduced that the pristine example in front of me was the same bike that caused a series of environmental disasters in the summer!

JP, great to ride together again. Funny co-incidence to meet that guy on the R.

As always, CK and AK gave excellent value and had sage advice.

banditloon
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Didn't recognise Loons bike at first. It wasn't until I realised that Kato had pitched up on MsKatos 620 that I deduced that the pristine example in front of me was the same bike that caused a series of environmental disasters in the summer!

Ah, but they can't pin the flooding on me.... ;)

:thumbsup: Good to meet up again Jerry and what a stunning new 'custard' toy you have :p

JerryXt
04-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Ah, but they can't pin the flooding on me.... ;)

...was that not gaia trying to wash the oil away? :thumbsup: