PDA

View Full Version : Cans for my 695

Gimley
30-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I know this has probably been posted before but i couldnt find what i needed.

I am looking for some new cans for my 695 and would like something other than Termi's. Any views on which ones to go for would be mucho appreciated. Oh, and a rough price will also be good.

I am also useless on mech stuff and am not exactly sure what I need, ie, full system, end cans, new chip, etc so hopefully someone can furnish me with the details and all..

Sorry for being so useless but mechanical stuff has never been high on my list of things to do and learn.

Cheers
G

Lucati
31-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I am also a black and red 695 south london rider, the black and red bit is the most technical that I get. With xmas coming up I would also appreciate the same advice so come on you lot - kill two birds with one stone and help us out! Cheers!!!!

Thumper
31-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Get some lovely satin finish megaphones!! woohoo, I love mine!

I havent done anything to the bike but I think it would benefit from a dynojet kit and some tweaking to get rid of a few flat spots, its also running a bit rich.

You might need to buy a power commander if you fit a full system, you might even with ends cans, its something you have to wait and see on. Power commander will need setting up and dyno time to get the mixture right for your bike and will need maps downloading or making up.

Expect to pay around £250+ for end cans and anything from £800+ for a full system. Power commanders are about £300 max, expect to pay £100 minimum for dyno time and set-up.

Heres a good website to browse, loads and loads of tasty Monster bits:

https://www.fastweb.co.uk/spaceshack/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=524f0c654694992b508877520153f990

Zimbo
31-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Do a bit of research first, I understand the 695 has diferent exhaust requirements to the rest of the range, something to do with a lambda sensor I seem to recall???

J.P
31-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Boys with your 695's,
I did a lot of posting about exhausts when I bought my 695.
I ended up getting the Marving end cans which were supplied and fitted by Rosso Corse in Bethnal Green.
I found a lot of the choice came down to what you want to spend.
Zimbo is right, the 695 has a lambda sensor which makes it difficult to replace the whole exhaust system with out the change in computer chip AND THAT MAKES IT EXPENSIVE.
I decided to change just the end cans to change the 'sound' of the exhausts not to worry about the performance.
The Marving end cans were £425 supplied & fitted. I never had any problems after the garage tweeked it a little. If you get the Dyno run & the power commander fitted too, it becomes difficult & costly, and doesn't necessarily work, see my posts about my current running problems !
The other choices were Silmoto, Zard etc. And all the end cans come with different finishes so that can bump the cost up too for titanium or carbon fibre.

The 695 was the first of the new generation of Euro III emission compliant bikes so advice from owners of the older bikes doesn't always apply.

Whatever you buy, you won't regret it.

Humbucker
31-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Gimley, your best bet is the Silmoto's with removable baffles. The decals are on the cans are black and red and set the bike off perfectly. The Sound of them is great too.

J.P
31-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I can second that from Humbucker. And the Silmoto & Marving cans are almost the same.

Gimley
31-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys.
Just done a quick search on the webbie but cant find anywhere that sells the Silmoto's.
Any idea where I can get them from or have a look to see how much they cost..

Cheers.
G

Nim
31-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I whacked on ducati performance cans....didnt make any other changes and bike is great...got them second hand (but like new) for £250 or so....

Gimley
31-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks Nim.

Have just checked out Spareshacks catalogue and they sell the Sil motors.

Only trouble is there are loads of em....

Low level oval, round, conical
stainless steel, aluminium, carbon fibre, polished stainless steel, brushed stainless steel.

And then there are the high level ones..

Think i will have to drop them a line to see exactly what ones they do for the 695..

Are they easy to fit, even for a a mechanical noob like me.. :mand:

Scotty
31-10-2007, 09:38 PM
awre come on sherly the blue flame ones are best because they have a little picture of a blue flame on em

J.P
01-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes Gimley really easy to fit. If you just swap them for your current low level ones all you have to do is undo the jubilee to the manifold and one bolt holding it to the frame. It's amazingly easy.

Gimley
01-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks JP.

If I went for something off the bay like Nim what diameter should I be looking out for?
I take it the mountings for any low level cans are pretty much the same but the pipe size is different?

Cheers
G

J.P
01-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Can't remember but have a look at the manual it might mention the diameter.
I'm sure they're all the same as long as you buy a set that's for a 2007 bike.

Humbucker
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Gimley, both myself and JP had our cans for the 695 supplied and fitted by Rosso Corse in Bethnal Green E2. As JP says they are easy to fit but you will need the to have the ECU remapped for the fuel or you will find the bike running either to Rich or to lean. If it's any help i went for the brushed Ali oval with removable baffles. Due to the remapping Ray at rosso did a supply and fit for an all in cost.

Hope this helps

Gimley
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Humbucker/JP

Can you give me a rough idea of how much it cost at Rosso for the supply and fit + the ecu tinkering.

Cheers
G