PDA

View Full Version : Winchester - Bosham

David Matthews
30-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Going down to Bosham on Sunday morning, passing through Winchester and along the A272. Are there any biker friendly cafes along the route? I think I read that Loomies is close to the 272.

psychlist
31-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Loomies is growing into a great bikers cafe, open late on Wednesday evenings through the winter so we now have a place to go instead of Alton station.
Loomies is 100 yards south of the A272/A32 junction. :thumbsup:

mad_turnips
31-10-2007, 08:16 AM
meon x roads site of old little chief

barbican
31-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Loomies / Meon little chef are the same thing - some bikers meet at Petersfield services where the 272 crosses the A3 but its a Mac Donalds - yuk

Sunday weather looks good so Bosham will be busy are you going for lunch?

I will be about that area since I live nearby so may see you on the road.

S4Rs-Tone
31-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Loomies / Meon little chef are the same thing - some bikers meet at Petersfield services where the 272 crosses the A3 but its a Mac Donalds - yuk

Sunday weather looks good so Bosham will be busy are you going for lunch?

I will be about that area since I live nearby so may see you on the road.

i may well join you , latest weather reports show rain saturday ( not very good for those people having bonfire get togethers :worried: ) barbican how about doing some work , oh and im still ahead on posts.

scrumpster
31-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Last time I went to Loomies my mate decided to park in a field through the hedge on the West meon to Petersfield stretch of the A272. I had fun trying to find him :scratch: The seven stars pub at the end of the West meon stretch does a nice hot chocolate too!!! :thumbsup:

David Matthews
31-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Thaks for the info. I have to be in Bosham by 11 o'clock so will be stopping by quite early. It's a super ride via Salisbury and Winchester so if the weather stays good I'll have a ride down for Sunday lunch in the next few weeks.

It looks on the map like the B2146 is a better road than the A3, if I can find it.

barbican
01-11-2007, 05:23 AM
b2146 is a much nicer road than the A3, and it goes through Walderton where I live - It's easy to find. When you get to the A3 272 junction at Petersfield go left onto the A3 for about 0.5miles and take the next exit which will take you over the A3, at the end of this is a roundabout, take the first exit, 300 yards further and you will see a staggered X road turn right into Pullens Lane, at the end of Pullens Lane turn left. Keep going untill S Harting T junction - Turn right stay on the road bearing right as the road forks going up the hill out of S Harting. Et Voila

David Matthews
01-11-2007, 05:46 AM
b2146 is a much nicer road than the A3, and it goes through Walderton where I live - It's easy to find. When you get to the A3 272 junction at Petersfield go left onto the A3 for about 0.5miles and take the next exit which will take you over the A3, at the end of this is a roundabout, take the first exit, 300 yards further and you will see a staggered X road turn right into Pullens Lane, at the end of Pullens Lane turn left. Keep going untill S Harting T junction - Turn right stay on the road bearing right as the road forks going up the hill out of S Harting. Et Voila

Thanks very much, it looked complicated on the map.