:banana:

beat that then

Bodybag
21-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Cheese and Crunchy Peanut Butter sandwiches (on wholegrain obviously). :D

GOnna have me some of that weetabix and banana custard later.:dizzy:

SazzaG
21-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Mmmm, banana custard. Love it! Never tried it on weetabix though.

Full on buffet today at a christening - funny how free food always seems to taste good! Tiny plates - Rog had to go round at least 3 times....

Dinner was a bowl of rice krispies. Snap crackle and pop-tastic!

gremlin
21-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Peanut butter and jam sandwiches or cheese and my homemade apple chutney, although my chilli jelly goes well with it too. I don't think you can beat Ambrosia creamed rice straight out of the tin either. I know I'm a peasant, the mask of gentility slips occasionally. Mother would have another hissy fit if she knew!

Bodybag
21-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't think you can beat Ambrosia creamed rice straight out of the tin either.
The perfect dessert.

So, we've got breakfast and lunch sorted, we also have dessert sorted. Whats the main evening meal going to be? :D

JerryXt
21-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Ambrosia rice - excellent race food. First tin at 4AM, then next tin an hour before the race. With honey on. First 50 miles flat out, no danger of going into the red.

Clearly bicycle racing!

gremlin
21-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Rare steak with peppercorn sauce, but done with fresh cream, not that thick gloopy stuff some restaurants serve, crispy saute potatoes with a selection of veggies! Wonder if the Ivy would do the Ambrosia if it became the pudding of choice of the glitterati.

kas
21-10-2007, 09:12 PM
nuttella and banana sandwiches :heart: :heart:

gremlin
21-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Or toasted peanut butter and banana, they go a bit caramelised, I've got such a mix of favourites, like lobster thermidor at one end and crisp and salad cream sandwiches at the other. You can't beat christmas pud sauteed in butter either, it goes slightly crisp around the edges and a bit caramelly and probably puts your cholesterol level through the ceiling but what the heck it's only once a year. My christmas puds get made in November and have brandy poured on them regularly till the day, so when they get lit up to go to the table they burn pretty well! Trouble is you're over the drink drive limit.

Didge
21-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Ambrosia? Ambrosia bloody rice pudding? Good Lord! None of you have bloody lived.:(
It can only be either M&S or Waitrose 'Clotted Cream Rice Pudding'. Now THAT is the proper hardcore stuff. You can stand the bloody spoon in it.
Add a big blob of Duchy strawberry jam, (non of that mass produced sugary sh1te), and you've got the next best thing to Angelina Jolie slowly caressing your pods while sticking her tongue in your ear.:) *

* I can't find a pervy smiley.

22-10-2007, 04:05 AM
BEER

:booze:

Or, next day ruby on a white bread sandwich ... :didge:

gremlin
22-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Ok Didge, will try that one, as long as it comes in a tin! But it will be home made organic strawberry jam it's not just rice pudding......

mad_turnips
22-10-2007, 10:10 AM
www.pimpmysnack.com was what i set my standards by while at uni dont know if link still works as office comp blocks it

Nonnie
22-10-2007, 10:12 AM
My brother used to eat sugar sandwiches.

Woddy eats tinned potatoes cold....from the tin.

I ate brussel sprout sandwiches (Hey, I was pregnant)

The kids love banana pudding (bananas covered in honey with a sponge topping)

One of my favourite culinary easy things is those Vesta Chow Mein packets.

banditloon
22-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Fried egg sandwich, but the egg needs to be fried in butter and add a splash of Lea & Perrins finest Worcestershire Sauce... Sorted!!

Or even a cheese, ham and Marmite toasted sandwich... :D Hungry now, is it lunch time?

Spanner
22-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Onion bhaji sandwich.

Or pork pie (sliced obviously!!) sandwich with brown sauce.

gremlin
22-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Fried egg sarnies with tomato ketchup or bacon ones with brown sauce, can't be any other way! Cheese on toast has to have Lea and Perrins, although cheese toasties with mango chutney are quite lush too.

Didge
22-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok Didge, will try that one, as long as it comes in a tin! But it will be home made organic strawberry jam it's not just rice pudding......

Not in tins. Both Waitrose & M&S come in trays thus:-

http://i21.tinypic.com/x40i29.jpg
I cannot express enough, how artery hardeningly delicious this stuff is.

Of course, it goes without saying, that the good ol' English roast dinner is hard to beat. Especially on a cold winters day. Yummy!

barbican
22-10-2007, 03:25 PM
But its impressive that you had a packet to photograph - before I buy some does this stuff cause an effect for which you are world famous?

gremlin
22-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Or good old steak and kidney pud, preferably with the meat soaked in Guiness overnight and used for the gravy. Reading these posts the government would have a hissy fit, talk about unhealthy! But oh sooo good. I'm surprised we're not all very rotund.

Mostro69
22-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Naan Burger: Cajun chicken breast between 2 naan breads with some chutney. Accidental invention in the staff canteen.

gremlin
22-10-2007, 05:42 PM
That sounds rather scrummy, it's amazing how many culinary mishaps turn out to be the new favourite. My ferrets dislike of liver introduced Clive to liver and bacon casserole, now he loves it.

Anf
22-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Crisp butty (you decide on the flavour of crisp)

or my personal favourite

Toast with peanut butter and marmite (and if I am feeling posh with a little Greek honey)

bliss :woot:

gremlin
22-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Crisp butties have to have cheese and onion or at a push salt and vinegar, but the salad cream is a must and has to be Heinz. It's one of those times where mayo is not the done thing. Love marmite but not keen with peanut butter. Tother half likes marmite and cheese sarnies but it's not my cup of tea. I love marmite but it has to be thinly spread on toast with butter or on crumpets. Crumpets with nutella is rather nice too.
I used to do proper tea on a sunday afternoon with scotch pancakes and crumpets and a good old fashioned cake like madeira etc while watching rugby but his nibs isn't in to rugby and it's perhaps a good thing the tea has bitten the dust it'll save me getting even more of a middle aged spread.

gary tompkins
23-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Fish finger sandwich - with a splash of reggae sauce

Cheese & marmite on toast

Banana's & custard for desert

Washed down with a couple of straight JD's

ladybird
23-10-2007, 08:27 PM
steak and ale pie with fat chips

and i made some rather nice scones the other week
http://www.lady-bird.co.uk/piccies/food/

anyone seen a motocycle shaped cookie cutter about????

banana and peanutbutter sandwiches are nice
but fave is marmite and cheese with cucumber (and maybe some square crisps thrown in)

banditloon
23-10-2007, 08:35 PM
anyone seen a motocycle shaped cookie cutter about????

I've got a Road Runner one....

:chuckle:

Fish finger sandwiches, superb! I haven't had one of them for years!! :D

ladybird
23-10-2007, 08:39 PM
ooh and them too
fishfinger sarnies with salad cream

also discovered that if you get posh plastic cheese slices and the sliced salmon that is just about the the same size and then bung it in a sliced croissant and then microwave it for 10-15 seconds it makes a nice yummy quick breakfast or snack

why wait for toast ;)

edit: slice the croissant and microwave it for10-15 seconds and then add the innards for a less burnt cheese effect

gremlin
24-10-2007, 10:08 AM
No but if you mug a copper on the bike safe stand at NEC, they give out bike shaped sidestand pucks which are pretty much deep enough to use as a cookie cutter. Obviously it would help to keep it for one or other jobs rather than use it for both purposes, nothing like cookies with extra grit.

ladybird
24-10-2007, 10:49 AM
No but if you mug a copper on the bike safe stand at NEC, they give out bike shaped sidestand pucks which are pretty much deep enough to use as a cookie cutter. Obviously it would help to keep it for one or other jobs rather than use it for both purposes, nothing like cookies with extra grit.

heh :)

on that note (probably should start a Going to the NEC thread)

JerryXt
24-10-2007, 12:12 PM
anything from here (http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/)

My favourite is the toffee crisp. And the creme egg. And...

banditloon
24-10-2007, 12:18 PM
I was shocked to see Wispa back on the shelves!! :D

banditloon
24-10-2007, 12:32 PM

Jaffa Cake of Justice!!! :D Excellent :chuckle:

ladybird
24-10-2007, 12:36 PM

just looked at the fish finger one, they all look sooo young

Mand
24-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Fish finger sandwich

Oooo I forgot about those! With loads of Ketchup with white bread. Quite possibly the only time I eat white bread. :)

mad_turnips
24-10-2007, 01:05 PM
made the giant lion bar couple of years ago was great

feeling a bit cheated i mentioned this site 2 pages ago noone noticed jerry says HERE and everyone loves it :Furious:

favorateism thats what it is :D

JerryXt
24-10-2007, 01:14 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Sorry mate - I didn't read that far back!

mad_turnips
24-10-2007, 01:31 PM
thats what the all say

been trying to find somone with a pizza oven that i could try to make the mother of choc chip cookie

gremlin
24-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Love starbars but not everyone stocks them, or snickers icecream. Whatever happened to mint cracknel? Think that's what it was called, chocolate over green hard minty stuff which came away in splinters. Going back a bit does anyone remember tiger tails, chewing gum that looked like a tigers tail sort of and if you collected enough wrappers you could get a fur fabric tiger tail to hang on your mirror or whatever else you found to do with it. My dad used to buy me a quarter of Tom Thumb pips, the pink and white ones and elephant tails, from a little sweet shop on the way to the cattle market, it had shelves of big jars with all sorts of goodies. I found I was allergic to the red colouring in Traffic light lollies.