PDA

View Full Version : So sunny, but I'm stuck indoors !

J.P
17-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Now the rain has passed over London the sun is shining bright but it's no good to me. I'm stuck indoors with the Man Flu and though I'm tempeted, I'm staying inside.
Damn shame.

JerryXt
17-10-2007, 10:57 AM
...just think of Brands in 3 weeks!

J.P
17-10-2007, 12:10 PM
For you lot not me. I'm away unfortunately. And mid-November ? cold and probably very wet.

JerryXt
17-10-2007, 12:37 PM
forgot you weren't coming. Probably cold, yes, but we'll see about wet. I've done my share of riding in the rain for this year!

gremlin
17-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Hate to rub it in but we've been out for a pootle, a bit chilly but nice to be out. Now I'm having to be good and do the garden while the weather is ok. The coast has been beckoning all day but the garden is getting a bit manic so it has to be done.

CK & AK
17-10-2007, 02:06 PM
...just think of Brands in 3 weeks!

you sure? - I make it just over 4!

....Jerry cant count, Jerry cant count.. sung in a very patronising manner:D

JerryXt
17-10-2007, 02:17 PM
...just been sat in a dull meeting, counting pennies per x - VERY funny!

Started atminutes, but that got dull, then I timed pointless ramblings and costed them.

Nonnie
17-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I was working outside today. Thankfully not in the rain but trying to teach children who just won't listen or stop fighting each other with bits of twigs or being really silly next to the road and having 4 assistants who gave the kids all the answers without letting them think for themselves and then deciding what I might say next and teaching the children something completely different to what I was going to say making me work twice as hard to correct their mistakes made me really really wish I was out on my bike. I can't even have the pleasure of riding to and from work because I have to carry so much stuff.

Grr!

banditloon
17-10-2007, 03:04 PM
...just been sat in a dull meeting, counting pennies per x - VERY funny!

Started atminutes, but that got dull, then I timed pointless ramblings and costed them.

:chuckle: We've had one of them today. Damn phone bill was twice the amount as usual. Looked through the itemised bill and found £658 worth of calls, made by a member of the staff on a personal nature.

No wages for him this month :D

Oh, and not forgetting to reply to the thread, I get to ride the Monster home in 30 minutes, in the sunshine, and dodging the numpties trying to get home intime for the second half of the football thing.... :thumbsdown:

Mand
17-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I was working outside today. Thankfully not in the rain but trying to teach children who just won't listen or stop fighting each other with bits of twigs or being really silly next to the road and having 4 assistants who gave the kids all the answers without letting them think for themselves and then deciding what I might say next and teaching the children something completely different to what I was going to say making me work twice as hard to correct their mistakes made me really really wish I was out on my bike. I can't even have the pleasure of riding to and from work because I have to carry so much stuff.

Grr!

Maybe you should have encouraged the kids to beat the four assistants with the twigs or maybe you could have provided large branches? ;)

At least I get to go home on my mighty scooter. Oh yes indeedy!

singletrack
17-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I wasn't stuck indoors. i went out on my bike today.
This one:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/singletrack_photos/rockmtn.jpg?t=1192639103

It beats a scooter!:mand:

ladybird
18-10-2007, 09:15 AM
fepping scammell wheel nuts weather this morning though

JerryXt
18-10-2007, 10:51 AM
is WAS a bit chilly. I had the Xt power oversteering today!

gary tompkins
18-10-2007, 08:29 PM

Grr!

Oooh makes me wish I was a sproglet again :mand:

Nonnie
18-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Oooh makes me wish I was a sproglet again :mand:

I thought that earlier as I sat my kids down in front of a roaring fire with a frothy milk hot chocolate each and some apple cake.

Damn this infernal growing old business. I want to be 6 again!

gremlin
18-10-2007, 08:43 PM
I've got hormonal stepdaughter next week so your kids sound like a fair swap Nonnie! I wouldn't want my childhood again, I'm actually enjoying what my life is bringing me at the mo, just wish my body was up to it. If I could have my life with my teenage body I'd be really happy! I've finally got my monnie on the road, what more is there?

Mand
19-10-2007, 08:10 AM
It beats a scooter!:mand:

Never! I love my scoot! :heart:

ladybird
19-10-2007, 10:43 AM
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/selk-bags/index.html
tempted by one of these for winter riding.... :D
they don't come in red or black though
(and probably not waterproof)

Mand
19-10-2007, 02:55 PM
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/selk-bags/index.html
tempted by one of these for winter riding.... :D
they don't come in red or black though
(and probably not waterproof)

ooo I like! The yellow one would match my monnie too.

Nickj
19-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Give it a cold cycle wash with a pot of Nikwax TX wash in stuff, might not be 100% waterproof but middling showers would be OK

Mand
19-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Give it a cold cycle wash with a pot of Nikwax TX wash in stuff, might not be 100% waterproof but middling showers would be OK

hmmm nice thought, I was only joking, I forgot to use my "just joshing" smilie. :mand:

gremlin
19-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Looks toasty, would match my bike too, at least the numpty car drivers wouldn't have the excuse of not seeing you. Probably p themselves laughing have the foot slip off the clutch/brake and hit you anyway!