PDA

View Full Version : Hurrah !!

Blah blah
16-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Just fitted a crankcase breather, blokey said it'd take 30 mins to an hour to fit... which in "Ducati in my garage and me :dunce: working on it" timescales normally would translate to about 4 hours !

But fug me, it only took 45 minutes !! Having a(nother) drink to celebrate !! :booze:

What was a bit concerning was all of the water that promptly dribbled onto the floor when I took the old crankcase breather tank thingy off, but now it's now been consigned it to the back of the cupboard (along with all the other standard Monster bits I seem to be collecting) where it can do no harm.

Now, I just need it to stop raining cos I've gotta freshly fitted stage 2 Dynojet kit that needs abusing...

Shandy
16-10-2007, 08:49 PM
good stuff, that'll be that orible condensation type stuff that builds up weeing on the floor.

Did you fit crank case breather straight to engine? or did you keep pipe to breather box behind side panel??

I did the first and have been getting a bit of misting oil over the rear hugger, from what i've read from the yanks website stuff the filter attached further up may be better......

I'd be interested to know how you get on if the rain ever stops :look:

Cheers,

Shandy

Blah blah
17-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I stuck it straight onto the engine, I did look at keeping one of the hoses on and mounting it higher, but it was a bit much for my poor befuddled brain at the time...