PDA

View Full Version : M900 suspension problem

kneedown900
12-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Hi, can anyone help me out with some advice on my 1999 M900 rear supension (Sachs). My bike failed the MOT on excesive play on the bottom connection (shock to swingarm) does anyone know of a service kit to rectify this problem?
I'm on the Ilse of Wight so no local dealer to visit, many thanks.:bucks:

katana
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Could it be the bearings?

Zimbo
12-10-2007, 11:33 AM
The shock doesn't connect to the swinging arm, it connects to a rocker which acts on the suspension hoop, which connects to the swinging arm by means of two tie rod ends. Could it be those that have the problem - they're a common failure point, and are also known as Rose Joints for some reason.
If that's the problem they're £16 each from BSL, or sometimes available for less on ebay, 10mm tie rod ends.

Big Daft Lad
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Could you not ask the tester to point out what the problem is and what he wants you to do about it??

Maybe save a bit of cash changing unnecessary bits. Just a thought.

Duncan
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Its the bushes in the shock ends, mine failed something similar. They are supplied as a spare part by Ducati though they are a buggar to find on a fiche.

They wear oval and as a \quick fix you can press them out the shock, turn them 90 degrees and refit with loads of grease and theyre like new for a while.