PDA

View Full Version : Ace this evening

slob
11-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Nice to meet a couple of people I haven't seen before, Diego and Ladybird(excellent tank cover) and good to see Michael (Hackney620 even though he now rides a testastretta) and Banditloon again.

banditloon
11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
:thumbsup:

Hope you found your way home from Chiswick roundabout Ladybird. Good to see Slob, Ladybird, Diego & Hackney620 (with a nice S4R :thumbsup:)

Diego
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Very good to meet you lot. A very kind bunch.

We did get the monster numbers up in the end. No naughty corner ;-)

Catch up some time.

Hasta luego.
Diego.

craigie
12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I was going to come but was tricked into thinking I had to be at home by my loving girl after she saw 4 motorbike crashes yesterday and didn't want me out playing in the dark, even though the brakes don't really work in the daylight either. I'll try to catch up soon, sounds like lots of new bikes for boys.
C

walkingpictures
13-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Long time no see mate,hope you are doing ok,have you been back to South Africa recently?

Best wishes

Kimbo

craigie
13-10-2007, 12:06 PM
You talkin to me? I don't see no one else.............

walkingpictures
13-10-2007, 01:06 PM
You talkin to me? I don't see no one else.............

Sorry mate,message was for Slob!! I should learn to type first and drink later!!

Kimbo

craigie
13-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Sorry mate,message was for Slob!! I should learn to type first and drink later!!

Kimbo

No problem man, I'll step away frm the mirror.

slob
13-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, long time no see Kimbo, not been back to Africa for a while so maybe a visit's on the cards this winter. Off to Canada for work next month. I'm going to be following the circus that is DesmoDUe more closley in '08 so maybe catch up then. Ride Safe.

ladybird
14-10-2007, 10:22 AM
'allo, yes nice to meet y'all and yes got home safely (even though nearly missed a turning and ending up nearly all the way to wandsworth)

must repair my sense of direction and get my balls back, have noticed they have retreated since the accident, gonna have to learn how to go round corners all over again too.....

*sniff* been soo long since i've had bike people to talk to, nice to know i'm not the only one who goes insane after having bike removed for more than 6 hours and not be told 'but, it's only a bike'

off to hunt down my replacement bulb....left it round here somewhere....

Nonnie
14-10-2007, 10:31 AM
must repair my sense of direction and get my balls back, have noticed they have retreated since the accident, gonna have to learn how to go round corners all over again too.....

Hi Ladybird, this has happened to me as well. Go back to school. I did. Got them to take me out for a confidence building day and more instruction. I don't think I will ride again like maybe I used to but am definitely getting better. Go back to school!

xx

banditloon
15-10-2007, 06:06 PM
This happened to me last year. I blocked the voices out and concentrated on the photography. In the end the voices got the better of me, and I nearly forgot how to go round bends on a motorcycle.

Still can't now!! :chuckle:

slob
15-10-2007, 06:18 PM
or was that falling off a log?

Arse out of seat, gentle squeeze of the brakes, throttle off and brake hard, push inside bar away until knee touches down and progressively apply throttle through corner, wait for bike to get nearly upright, full gas... next.

Which reminds me, I must get may leathers repaired and book a trackday.

ladybird
08-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Skipping out on the Ace tonight :s it's a bit yukky out and my waterproofs are where I would rather be (ie at home)