PDA

View Full Version : New 998 Testastretta & Power Commander

J.P
11-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Just had my bike Dynojetted & Power Commanded at Pro Twins.
Picking it up on Saturday Morning.

One thing that was highlighted to me was that the new Testastretta engine management system has an oxygen sensor connected to the exhaust manifold and at the lower end of the rev range (sub 4,000?) they can't alter the fueling because the sensor would notice it and counter the changes. It can't be disconnected either.
Bit of a shame it can't be done but it should still make a difference once the engine gets going.

I'll have the printouts and data come Saturday so I'll let you know how it feels then.

tetol
11-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Just had my bike Dynojetted & Power Commanded at Pro Twins.
Picking it up on Saturday Morning.

One thing that was highlighted to me was that the new Testastretta engine management system has an oxygen sensor connected to the exhaust manifold and at the lower end of the rev range (sub 4,000?) they can't alter the fueling because the sensor would notice it and counter the changes. It can't be disconnected either.
Bit of a shame it can't be done but it should still make a difference once the engine gets going.

I'll have the printouts and data come Saturday so I'll let you know how it feels then.

speak to hm racing their on the case right now. 01689 856595

jerry
11-10-2007, 07:08 PM
It can be disconnected , look on DML forum in USA .The yanks have actually got a class action court case against Ducati over the O2 sensor and the problems it causes.

neilbaldry
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM
those damn yanks! theyre crazy, but i love 'em!

tetol
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
hm have a fix now jp give them a call.

J.P
12-10-2007, 08:38 PM
ok thanks a lot