PDA

View Full Version : Just heard...

slob
07-10-2007, 06:36 PM
..about Harriebird from Molemiester, hope you're not too sore mate!

does anyone know how the rest of our DDers did?

Class A title and Class B 3rd for CK & AK?
Did Zimbo manage to hold onto 5th in the championship?
How did Mr Gilps get on?

Bodybag
07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, what happened?

slob
07-10-2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=24259#post226862

Zimbo
07-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Story goes . . . .
Whilst contesting the first DD race yesterday (Sat) Harrie made a brave and very ambitious pass on Gilps into Hall Bends. Had it come off it would have been the pass of the year, it certainly impressed those watching from the grandstand, unfortunately it put her on the wrong entry line for Hall Bends and she ran out of tarmac and went down hard. Bike is fine, I've spoken to her a couple of times today she's very unhappy and has a few broken bones in her right hand. She's back in Colchester hospital tonight and will need a bit of bone pinning into place I believe. Will update when I know more.
As for the others, Hawk got his championship win comfortably and Dom second, in Class B Andy Shep held off Cleggy for the championship win, Andy Challis made a late charge at Bones's third spot but I think Bones may just have had enough lead to get away with it, waiting for confirmation. My two main challengers for fifth, Harriet and Lee, took each other out at the Gooseneck in race one so I've escaped and held on to fifth spot. Quite a few fallers today but no real injuries all weekend apart from Harrie.
Oh, and I've bought a new race bike for next year, 600SS ex Chris Woods / James Thompson :)

JerryXt
08-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Oh dear Harriebird! Not good next. In my experience, it's best to start the phyisio asap and spend money privately if you have to.

Knight racing team - WELL DONE!!!

Bubbly is on me!

scrapps
08-10-2007, 07:06 AM
well done to all involved has been great following the races ect online and i hope to be able to come and watch a few races next year :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gilps
08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Well done to Zimbo for taking fifth place. Those positions in the points table were hotly contested so to take fifth in what is only your first full year of racing is pretty impressive.

I finished 19th overall which I am fairly happy with. My hopes at the start of the season were to finish in the top two thirds, so with 35 starting the season I guess I made it. I was helped throughout though by retirees and crashers, but they are all points and I'll take 'em where i can.

I'm fed up with people crashing in front of me. Poor little Harrie. GWS teamie.

And on that note, big thanks to team DOH. Zimbo for getting me into this crazy malarky, Harrie for giving me someone to dice with, Slob for fixing the bike and the entertainment, Chappers for bitching, and all those who have supported us throughout the year.