PDA

View Full Version : Help - dead Monster

snakey
25-09-2007, 05:29 PM
:scratch:

Just replaced the exhaust gaskets on my 750 and when i put it all back together the bike is completely dead, there is nothing - no ignition lights at all, no electrics whatsoever. the alarm(datatool) is working, but as thatchem informed me It will work as it has an internal battery and i should check the fuses, these are all ok , the battery is fine, the alarm arms and disarms just nothing when i try to switch on! anyone had similar or any ideas ?

Pete.:(

crust
26-09-2007, 06:01 PM
What did you disturb/take off to change the gaskets?

for it to be totally dead then:

Earth lead?

The connector block that leads to the ignition switch?

bad connection in around the fusebox?

If the earths ok, then trace the live from the battery to the next components.

My guess would be that a connector block is loose or a wires broken when disturbed

Got a wiring diagram?

:)Crust

Big Daft Lad
27-09-2007, 11:07 AM
How did you test the battery? The battery on my SV held over 13V but wouldnt even light up the ignition lights! Have you tried another one on it?? or even put some jump leads from another barrery onto it. Just asuggestion.

Duncan
27-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Could try that main relay, its a favourite problem

Havnt seen you for ages Pete. Hows tricks?

snakey
28-09-2007, 08:46 PM
thanks for all the replies - Hi Duncan, Just had a word with Rich (louigi) and that was what he suggested , so i'm going to give that a go first, when i get the time! not had much of that recently, i keep trying to get to the meetings but i am getting home too late from work and then having to be up again at 5am. Will try to get up to see everyone when i can
Pete.

snakey
30-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Got it working again - it was the starter relay, thanks for the suggestions.

Pete.