PDA

View Full Version : GS500E For Sale

The Kevlar Kid
22-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Do you know someone who is learning and needs a first 'big bike'? :scratch:

Or perhaps you need a winter bike to keep the Monnie nice for the Summer? :woot:

Then I may have the bike for you.....

I bought this for the wife as she was learning to ride - after I'd stripped it for a rebuild she decided she wasn't going to learn anymore :( :hissy: :Furious:

Anyhow... whilst in my care the bike has received a bottom end rebuild with new big end bearings, and the rest of the engine has been checked and cleaned whilst I was at it. As I have given it a thorough going over it has had all the little bits and pieces that were missing (the odd spring / washer etc) replaced and the fork oil and dust seals have been replaced too. Where possible the work was carried out using genuine Suzuki parts.

Just before we purchased it there had been a brand new stainless exhaust fitted (I have the receipt) and not too long before that I am informed that the bike received new front and rear pads, new rear disc, new chain and sprockets and new tyres (Bridgestones) - the condition of these parts would bear this out to be true.

The bike is in black (with a metallic blue sparkle to it) and silver, was first registered on 1st March 2000 (W), is taxed until December, and will have a years MOT on it after Monday. It's a lovely looking bike and is good nick for it's age. It has 25,000 miles on the clock.

I'll be riding it myself for the next week until it is run in (Suzuki state 10hrs of use) and then it's up for grabs - or it can be had before that if you don't mind running it in.

I'm looking for £1,000 for it (look on autotrader and they are going for more than that, cheaper ones are on e-bay but go and look at them and they're usually sheds).

If anyone's interested, send me a PM - once it's run in it'll be going in the local paper and the autotrader.

I'd love to keep it myself, but sadly don't have the room. :(

JerryXt
22-09-2007, 06:48 PM
does it have a fairing?

scrapps
22-09-2007, 08:23 PM
got any pictures ?

The Kevlar Kid
22-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Nope, no fairing - just a fly screen.

I'll try and sort out some pics on Sunday

The Kevlar Kid