PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Roll Call

neilbaldry
19-09-2007, 08:10 PM
just a thread for all the Norfolkians to shout out and make themselves known! - im just wondering how many of you there are?!

oh, anyone for a meet next weekend? as in the last weekend of september?

Nonnie
19-09-2007, 08:19 PM
just a thread for all the Norfolkians to shout out and make themselves known! - im just wondering how many of you there are?!

oh, anyone for a meet next weekend? as in the last weekend of september?

I am shouting!

Can't make those dates though sadly. As the 1098 will be here soon, I'll shout out again. Hope you get some people together. You can always swing by for coffee and cakies.

neilbaldry
19-09-2007, 08:28 PM
the 1098 finally arrives huh?! i bet ED is pretty excited!

Nonnie
19-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Like a kiddie in the sweet shop.

We have to have a new garage floor as well now.

Red, black and alloy.

Oh joy...

neilbaldry
19-09-2007, 08:32 PM
well you cant do these things half-arsed! as its getting towards the colder climate, you got a heated garage? i bet ED will go tuck it, oh sorry, 'her' into bed every night!

gremlin
20-09-2007, 07:04 PM
SHOUT :look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look: :look:

gremlin
22-09-2007, 02:43 PM
trying to get my mate Lou interested in site. She has a fantastic flame painted 900, probably been spotted around Norfolk. She used to own the King Edward in Norwich (bikers pub). Have also seen a black with yellow framed one and a red one around Norwich, but haven't had pen and paper to tuck a note on bike to get them onto site.
Would love to meet up but lack of finances means may not be on road for next weekend, and wouldn't be confident enough to keep up with you guys having never ridden my bike! I'm still really self conscious of being around seasoned bikers in case I drop it.

Nonnie
22-09-2007, 03:15 PM
And if you did drop it, we would all sympathise with you after we had helped you pick it up again.

The pace is always set for the slowest which is actually me most of the time. Always have a chat beforehand and tell people you're a bit nervous, that way you're catered for and trust me, nobody minds. They can aways bomb off and meet the rest wherever we're going if they want to. I can usually be found at the back, that way nobody can see if you stuff up.

The few rideouts we've done have been at a posers pace! I think you will be pleasantly surprised in that you're probably faster than you think you are.

gremlin
22-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Tother half used to ride out with the MAD guys, but they go everywhere at 120 at least and now he goes out with the Sunday club which is basically the same.
The MAD guys had a good system on runs in that the second in line waited at each junction till the last person went through and then could hooley to catch up. It worked really well and nobody got lost.
The Sunday club just say where they're going and you just hope you get there before they've gone to the next point. They do split into two groups, the real lunatics (ex racers, track day fanatics etc) and the slightly slower lot (still not under 90 anywhere). To qualify as a club member and get a T shirt you have to go out three times and not die!
I have gone down to Ipswich in a small group on my 125 but that's it so far and the wierdest thing happened.
Tother half and Lou went off and left me just before Diss cos they'd been really good staying with me all the way there and back and I told them to have fun as I knew my way back. They screamed off and I went as fast as I could (75 with a tail wind). When I got back to the pub Clive's eyes nearly popped out. He'd literally just got off his bike and rolled a fag, they'd been doing 140 where they could and I turned up 2 mins max after them. Freaky or what?
We're trying to get a girls club going so we can pootle without pressure. So far there's about seven of, us so if it takes off you'll be more than welcome Nonnie! I guess we'll probably meet on last Sunday, so those of us whose partners go out with the Sunday club can have their own rideout.

Nonnie
23-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm seriously not a fan of break neck speed on normal roads and I won't ride out with people like that. It's dangerous. I wonder if they have some kind of x ray vision and super protection in the event of an accident that us mere mortals know nothing about.

I will probably lose my job if caught speeding and most of us value our licenses and can't afford to be without them.

It's soooo not for me.

gremlin
23-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Im all for quiet pootle, I hurt if I go over 90 anyway. Trying to sort insurance etc so may be up for rideout if it happens. Will have to find a logical meet as Neil comes from Dereham so he'd be on A47, I guess the Showground pub thingy would be ok, I know you're Brooke way which would mean a whizz around the A47 for you, I can join A47 at Thickthorn or we could all head into Norwich to give more options on the outward run. If I can insure her tomorrow, I won't get docs till Weds, so can tax her then and hopefully ride her weds, thurs, fri (weather permitting) to get used to her so I'm not a total numpty by the weekend!

ivanski
25-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Alright you lot howz it going? Yeh Im in Norfolk too, Norwich as well so hopefully I'll see you out & about. I'd love to make the ride out but I'm just out of plaster(football related), so I dont think I can do it but if I can I will, perfect excuse to take my new bike for a spin. I did have an 06 S2R but now I've got an 04 S4R & Im gaging to get out on it.

neilbaldry
26-09-2007, 05:35 PM
i dont think im gonna make it, as im still trying to get my LED tail light on. plus im 'between' front indicators, so have to get a set of too!

Nonnie
26-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Alright you lot howz it going? Yeh Im in Norfolk too, Norwich as well so hopefully I'll see you out & about. I'd love to make the ride out but I'm just out of plaster(football related), so I dont think I can do it but if I can I will, perfect excuse to take my new bike for a spin. I did have an 06 S2R but now I've got an 04 S4R & Im gaging to get out on it.

Hello Ivan. Sorry to hear about the plaster cast thing. Hope to see you around at some point though. Depends who is up for winter riding now I guess. Whenever you fancy some company, just shout out here and maybe somebody will be able to make it. There are very few of us here really. We are outnumbered by turkeys and pigs for sure.

Capo
26-09-2007, 10:59 PM
i dont think im gonna make it, as im still trying to get my LED tail light on. plus im 'between' front indicators, so have to get a set of too!

I have a se of Oberon LED's surplus to requirement.
And I'm in Norfolk too!!

neilbaldry
27-09-2007, 07:02 PM
hey Capo, cheers for the offer, but its more the fact my new clipons (until i adjust them) foul the std indicator fitments. so until i can get my indicators mounted on the fork legs, it may well be a no show for a few weeks. plus ive got a girlfriend whos keeping me pretty busy, as i only get to see her at wknds (easy you lot!), though she is up for a bit of pillion action!

Capo
27-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Is that the one from the pub?

Fraser
28-09-2007, 09:33 AM
hi, suffolk based but just down the road and well used to riding 'north of the border' as ride with aforementioned MAD lot - as was! Weather permitting always up for a cross border foray!!

ivanski
28-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Hello Ivan. Sorry to hear about the plaster cast thing. Hope to see you around at some point though. Depends who is up for winter riding now I guess. Whenever you fancy some company, just shout out here and maybe somebody will be able to make it. There are very few of us here really. We are outnumbered by turkeys and pigs for sure.

Cheers Nonnie on the mend now should be out soon I hope. Winter,Summer I dont mind I use the bike all year round for getting to work (no snow though), keep an eye out 4me, blue&white S4R loud high level sill motors & a CFC reg plate. See you about chap:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

singletrack
29-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Cheers Nonnie on the mend now should be out soon I hope. Winter,Summer I dont mind I use the bike all year round for getting to work (no snow though), keep an eye out 4me, blue&white S4R loud high level sill motors & a CFC reg plate. See you about chap:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ivanski - if you've got an S4R you could change your profile to show it :biggrin:

Nonnie
29-09-2007, 07:55 AM
See you about chap:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...........I'm a girl.............

:banghead:

slob
29-09-2007, 09:54 AM
...........I'm a girl.............

I thought you where a whoah man

Nonnie
29-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I've got a word for you too. It begins with T and ends in T and has the letters W and A. In that order...........

gremlin
04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
A truncated version of the MAD guys still meet on Friday nights but I guess they've finished for the season. Will be up for ride outs all year. So if it's fine give a yell. Bike may not be on road for a few more weeks due to my numptyism but will be riding through the winter once she's on the road. We did our christmas shopping on Clives bike a couple of years ago. If you'd seen me trying to stay on the back balancing a huge box plus ruck sack you'd have cried with laughing.

emily's driver
04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
the 1098 finally arrives huh?! i bet ED is pretty excited!

Errr yes you could say that. Hopefully pick it up next week. It is akin to a box of Bassetti liquorice sticks. Irresistably moreish!!!

neilbaldry
08-10-2007, 06:27 PM
well, apparently there is a 'rogue' motorcycle pod hanging around the Lowestoft/ Beccles area. i say rogue, as from what ive heard, he pretty much tries to stop every bike he comes across! and will try and give you a ticket for pretty much anything he can! (someone i know who has an S2R and 'just' termi slip ons got given a ticket from this plod for having their baffles out - but i digress). so i wont be about untill i get indicators front and back, and a full sized number plate back on. so no more tail chop for me im afraid.........

alitino
11-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Alright you lot howz it going? Yeh Im in Norfolk too, Norwich as well so hopefully I'll see you out & about. I'd love to make the ride out but I'm just out of plaster(football related), so I dont think I can do it but if I can I will, perfect excuse to take my new bike for a spin. I did have an 06 S2R but now I've got an 04 S4R & Im gaging to get out on it. Hi Ivanski
You lucky thing a s4r is my next want, not many weekends left for playing. any excuse for a play on the monster will do. :yoparty: