PDA

View Full Version : Like a rash in London

Headhunter
12-09-2007, 04:03 PM
5 spots today.....

1. Yellow - with cool number plate (Digits - YUM) on Bishopgate (ABN Building)

2. Can't remember colour - had pillion on London Bridge at 8.30am heading into City

3. Senna S4 - LK53 plate - just off Barbican

4. Black '06 plate with orange stripe on Old Street around 1sh

5. Finally JP's opposite the office.

Christ, apart from JP's, someone must own up to one of these!

Gilps
12-09-2007, 04:06 PM
No. 1 sounds a bit like Benson's, but her's is gold, not yellow methinks.

Headhunter
12-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Wasn't Benson's I'm afraid. I do recognise the number plate though at a previous meet, so it's definitely someone on here. Own up whoever you are!

Shandy
12-09-2007, 05:02 PM
5 spots today.....

Jeez mate what were you doing today, sitting on a bench drinking white lighting all day :chuckle: :chuckle:

Headhunter
12-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Jeez mate what were you doing today, sitting on a bench drinking white lighting all day :chuckle: :chuckle:

I tell thee for all of the work I am doing at the moment I might as well have done. Went for a very long walk at lunch today - shoulda just gone down the pub tbh.

Diego
12-09-2007, 05:32 PM
5 spots today.....Christ, apart from JP's, someone must own up to one of these!

Not me. I come in from highbury corner - new north road - city road - shoreditch high st - bishopsgate...

Rogerg
12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
What you didn't spot me on the hyper?

Headhunter
12-09-2007, 06:04 PM
What you didn't spot me on the hyper?

Ahh so that was you hanging off on the roundabout doing the avatar.

Diego,

Where do you park up? Am based on Sun St just off UBS.

Diego
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM

Diego,

Im a lucky git that has a spot reserved under exchange square 1/EBRD building! Might have mentioned this before on the forums ;-)

So you are the owner of the grey coloured monster on sun street!!! Your bike is pretty much parked on the same spot right? When I was monsterless for 6 months ( 1st one stolen ;-( ) I used to always envy yours! Always passed it because the 271 bus used to drop me on Finsbury sq. Its a small world!

banditloon
13-09-2007, 09:34 AM
I spotted a grey/silver Monster going up the Kings Road towards Chelsea town hall this morning. Two up and carving through the lovely traffic.

A few Ducatis (don't know if they were Monsters or other noisy Italian, dry clutch things as I was sorting out our new bathroom cabinets last night!) were bimbling along Royal Hospital Road at around 8.30pm ish.

Right time to design my Monsters come back to being very pretty and very very loud! Only because the girlfriend is having new double glazed windows fitted at the weekend, and she'll never hear my bike turn up...

Headhunter
13-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Im a lucky git that has a spot reserved under exchange square 1/EBRD building!

Certainly are!

Is pretty much in the same spot, which is a bit stupid considering there are so many tea leaves out there! Is good to know it was spotted, but I wish it was for better reasons - hate those thieving scum bags!

Diego
13-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Certainly are!

Is pretty much in the same spot, which is a bit stupid considering there are so many tea leaves out there!

I am sure you are fine. Legions of bikes and always a lot of people around!.

Mine was nicked in Brixton on the 31st of December 2005 whilst visiting my girlfriend. Just came back from holidays and was too excited to see her. Was always reluctant to leave my bike there...Parked it unattached between two cars. 40 mins later she was gone.

Never experienced such rage as that day....also the last time I will ever park there!

Anyway back on the road now and aircooled!!! Grin factor is back.

Edcase
13-09-2007, 01:02 PM
I do Dulwich to farringdon every day, there are severall parked up here in farringdon that no one will own up to :)

mystic
13-09-2007, 02:21 PM
I do Dulwich to farringdon every day, there are severall parked up here in farringdon that no one will own up to :)

One of those may be mine, another, a Matt Black 695 is a pal of mine at work who isn't on the forum and theres usually a Red M800 too. We all park up Clerkenwell Close. So that may account for a few sightings!

Rogerg
13-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Diego,

I was in SE1 yesterday
Today I was in the M/C bay outside the Tate in the am then in Wimbledon Broadway in the PM

Edcase
13-09-2007, 06:33 PM
One of those may be mine, another, a Matt Black 695 is a pal of mine at work who isn't on the forum and theres usually a Red M800 too. We all park up Clerkenwell Close. So that may account for a few sightings!

Was it you I beeped at down towards elephant and castle the other night? You were turning right at the lights.

Headhunter
13-09-2007, 06:36 PM
then in Wimbledon Broadway in the PM

We could have gone for a quick beer - just down the round from me!

BTW - A spot thread which has actually gone somewhere for once! :yoparty:

Rogerg
13-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Doh!

I remember FB posting up his whereabouts - think he was after free food.

So - I will be in Horsham tomorrow am & Worthing in the pm.

mystic
14-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Was it you I beeped at down towards elephant and castle the other night? You were turning right at the lights.

Nah, bit too South for me, I'd definately toot back too:mand:
I head back West usually through Acton/Chiswick.

Paivi
14-09-2007, 09:45 PM
What's this fashion of posting directions to thieves where your, and other people's, bikes are parked?

A very common daytime strategy is to turn up with a 'breakdown' van and just throw the bike in there. Nobody is going to bat an eyelid, even other bikers will assume it's kosher, especially if one of the thieves is wearing leathers and carrying a helmet, pretending to be the owner.

russ77
14-09-2007, 10:08 PM
What's this fashion of posting directions to thieves where your, and other people's, bikes are parked?

A very common daytime strategy is to turn up with a 'breakdown' van and just throw the bike in there. Nobody is going to bat an eyelid, even other bikers will assume it's kosher, especially if one of the thieves is wearing leathers and carrying a helmet, pretending to be the owner.

This is exactly how an Aprilia Mille was stolen from a private car park at my old office. The security guard actually watched it happen on the cameras and saw nothing wrong. The owner only noticed when he left that afternoon. Very sad.

Headhunter
15-09-2007, 06:18 AM

Good point, Paivi. TBH as much as I love my duke than the next person on here, I'm not that worried about it. I'm very much of the attitude that if it's gonna happen there's not much I can do about it apart from making it as difficult as possible. Appreciate posting it's whereabouts on a bike forum slaps in the face of that comment.

Now don't you be going down Sun St with your hacksaw with the intention of stealing my baby! :chuckle: :chuckle:

Nim
15-09-2007, 07:19 AM
tues morning i was riding over london bridge with a pillion...maybe it was me you saw? spose youd have remembered if it was 2 girls?

i was out last sat biking through town and east london out to essex, and between wandsworth and vauxhall i saw 6 monsters!!!! it was great!!!!! it appears that we are taking over the world...

Headhunter
15-09-2007, 07:30 AM
tues morning i was riding over london bridge with a pillion...maybe it was me you saw? spose youd have remembered if it was 2 girls?

:eyepopping: :eyepopping: :eyepopping: :eyepopping: No! :grump:

Have spotted loads around London over the past year - Vauxhall Metropolis must be doing something right, or is just because Dukes are :hail: :hail: :hail: