PDA

View Full Version : Old El Paso

Duncan
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM
A few weeks back I bought a 906 Paso from Ebay for £450. It was accident damaged and in need of tlc, but convinced it could be a good un, I got down to fixing it.
The engines basically a 904cc 6 speed bike based on the 851, 888, M900 type bottom end that is still in use on the S4RS the M1000 etc etc. The barrels are water cooled and the head is oil / air cooled.
The plastics were all good apart from a missing cockpit and just needed cosmetic repairs. The bike was serviced had new oil, filters and belts, a cooling system overhaul and after bodging a screen together I got it mot'd today.

I thought it would be a good gentlemans tourer with about the same go as my M900. What a revelation. For a heavy bike, its 88hp certainly gets it shifting. Handling seems good if a bit harsh and on open pipes with an open K&N it sounds pure magic.

Done about 170 miles to shake it down today. Went over the Wye Valley tonight with JR on his M1000 and we had a fun evening on those ace roads.

A few niggles but nothing too bad, on balance its a bike full of character and seems loads of fun.

Will post a few pics but what a bargain, a proper sized Ducati, on the road, serviced, taxed and mot'd for £900.

And with only 1800 of the 906 made in total its an unusual bike thats sure to increase in value and rarity. If you get a chance try one.

JR
12-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Throw the flat cap away Dunc - El Paso aint no gents tourer - my ears are still bleedin from following at a brisk rate of knots! That old F reg er has some serious grunt.

Duncan
14-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Like you said, the F registration is just saying F off to all those who try to keep with it.

Shall be on it over riders tomorrow morning.
Yippee!

Duncan
15-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Good to see you over Riders Bristol today.

Was it loud enough for you Ped???

Pedro
16-09-2007, 12:19 PM
That is one ugly Duke Dunc!! and very loud!

Have to say though, for £450 yoiu can live with it!