PDA

View Full Version : Willingham Woods

bod
11-09-2007, 05:10 PM
A few of us are off to Willingham Woods wednesday night any body else care to follow will be there about 7.30ish

Anf
13-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I go to Willingham quite regularly (Sunday ride outs)
I have never seen so many Monsters there at one time
Most previous to last night was 2 (including mine!)

In fact as Ducatis go thats the most i have seen in one place besides in a showroom!

Stafford
13-09-2007, 06:42 PM
A few of us are off to Willingham Woods wednesday night any body else care to follow will be there about 7.30ish

Don't you need a car to go dogging? :look:

Nickj
13-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Ypur not talking about civilised Bath now Stafford... LOL It's Yorkshire, well the southern end of it anyways

gjfevans
13-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Where is Willingham?

Anf
13-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Lincolnshire

Just a short ride along the road from Market Rasen

bod
14-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Well didn't get there untill 8.00ish and couldn't see any other monsters(but it was dark) away from the tea hut!

Stayed for 1/2 hr then left,note to self don't ride in the dark with a tinted visor covered in dead flies....it was scary!

eddie munster
14-09-2007, 11:37 PM
note to self don't ride in the dark with a tinted visor covered in dead flies....it was scary!

They do however keep you company on those long solo runs...girl we ride with got hit by a pheasant!

Jim66a
15-09-2007, 05:42 AM
I used to go to Willingham woods most wednesday eve's, But the number of idiot riders who went along to wheelie up and down the road and the number of near misses with riders running wide on the bends comming the opposite way (the roads are quite awsome) means we have changed Wednesday night venue to the Barge at Newark.
Its a nice old barge converted to a pub, Loads of parking and outside seating.
Well worth a stop for a pint (not riding) or coffee if your passing.

bod
15-09-2007, 12:36 PM
"But the number of idiot riders who went along to wheelie up and down the road and the number of near misses with riders running wide on the bends comming the opposite way (the roads are quite awsome)"

Know exactly what you meen someone on a R1 came past me up the hill on the way there on the back wheel just got it planted in time to get back on his side of the road(nearly) and miss the oncoming motorist....!

Don't get me wrong I like to make progress and 90MPH+ in the right places on the way there I see as fine, but you do get some TW*TS.....probably the ones we all here about who don't make it home:scratch: