PDA

View Full Version : 620 / 750 engine help

Panther
05-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Im an owner of a poorly molly, I did actually realise at the time but I bough my 620 it had cracked engine casting, it actually been knocked of it side stand and bodged back together by the previous owner.

Will a 750ss (02) engine fit into my 620sie (03) and how difficult will it be to perform this operation!

Should I expect difference more power/ torque?

any help would be much appreciated.

Martin

Nickj
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Should be a straight fit but you'll probably need quite a bit of the electrics and the injector system to go with it (probably??). The ignition immobiliser do-dad is tied into the ignition pack, probably best done by getting an insurance write off 750. To bridge it out you need something like the ultimap ignition package. Probably work out a bit less than buying a same age 750, less than selling on a problem and having to get a similar age bike.
You might be able to find a local company who will run a weld along the crack, how good that would be depends on where it's cracked though. If its just a piecr of the case then probably ok, if it runs to any of the really stressed parts of the motor, or bearing housings then may not be so good.

Nickj
05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh and more power and torque errr yes :)

CK & AK
05-09-2007, 07:45 PM
a 750sport engine will go straight in if it is the fuel injected one.
If you want to re-map, you can do it with a power commander using all the original 620 wiring etc, thus not needing to spend lots on an ultimap etc.
I've done this with several Ducati engines - drop me a pm for my number if you want me to talk you through it or the options of putting a carbed engine in too.
If you are selling your 620 engine I could be interested in some or all of it.

Alan

Panther
06-09-2007, 12:15 PM
I was very worried for a minute then as I'v actually bought the engine!

The new engine is 750 injection so fingers crossed it will be ok.

I also own a 620 power commander but nether fitted it. Can this be remapped too?

My old engine has already been welded from the inside the crank shaft, but obvious the guy did not to a good job as my bike slowly leeks oil. I was also very nervous about using the side stand due to it being weak and the bike seam to lean over quite a long way.

Panther
06-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Yer the 620 engine will be up for graps too, Its got around 7,500 on the clock

CK & AK
06-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Glad you have the 750ie engine - saves a lot of probs.
Just drop out the 620 & put the 750 into place. The 620 power commander you have will be fine for the 750ie, but you'll need to book in to get this mapped for you - or do you have the map discs with it?

Good luck & let us know what you'll be looking for, for the engine later on.

CK:)