PDA

View Full Version : LED tacho help

emmalou
31-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Hello to all, be nice im new to this

The Italians make an LED tacho with a carbon surround that just fits over the existing speedo and warning lights.
Ive seen one on a M900

:scratch: Anyone know what it is where i can get one and if it will plug into my M600.:scratch:

Cheers

Emmoose

Scotty
31-08-2007, 04:32 PM
meh

err ebay

oor a dealer maybeys

apparently a suspect bit of italian electricary mind

emmalou
31-08-2007, 04:55 PM
If anyone has any details that would be cool like a make or model and if it will actually work on my bike

Cheers

Shandy
31-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Your thinking of one of these,

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/ducatimonsterdog/Monster%20Pics/ItsAlive002.jpg

It was on my M600 when i got it and as scotty says its a very suspect bit of Italian elctricary, it worked fine for a couple of years or so but now it works fine for the first couple of hundred metres then just goes nuts and does what it wants.

And the LED's are too bright for night riding!!!!!

Looks cool though :yoparty:

Not cheap either a couple of hundred quid if i remember rightly, im saving for the twin dials conversion thingy.

Cheers,

Shandy

Nickj
01-09-2007, 12:11 AM
There's quite a few lectronics projects available that will turn out something like this. Probably cost about £20 or so in materials depending on hoe sophistcated it wants to be.
If I can't get a new servo for my tacho I was thinking about retro fitting something like that into the standard clock face, or a numeric 2 or 4 digit display.

emmalou
01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Spot on Shandy

what I saw was almost exactly like that in every way - who cares if it works it looks cool.

My boyfriend says all the lecktrickery is likely to leak out anyway.

all the light bulbs are soldered in anyway to stop them blowing!

so where do i get one and what make is it?

Cheers

Em

Shandy
04-09-2007, 05:33 AM
It's a Ducati Performance part so would be avaliable from a dealer, not sure if they still make them though???