PDA

View Full Version : Tail light/indicator/dash light relay...

banditloon
28-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Ok, complete re-edit of the post :chuckle:

Anyone know what the cause of having no indicators / tail light / neutral or head light warning dash lights is??

I've checked the fuses, all ok. Checked the plugs under the seat, and they are clean and nice to look at. Haven't checked under the tank yet (next course of action, but it's busy at work now!!).

Headlight/full beam working fine (blue light comes on, on the dash too!), brake light is working as well... I thought it was a relay somewhere, but RC says no.... And don't think I'll be able to get the old beast to them later today....

:hissy:

Poxy Italian bloody spaghetti electrics!!! :banghead:

banditloon
28-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Ah... In my haste I forgot to check the one thing, that is so blindingly obvious, it just struck me light a hammer on the head!

RC say they don't run off of a relay (different circuits ect ect), but they do run off of the same fuse, therefore in my deduction (Dr Watson....), the wire must of broke somewhere between the fuse box and wherever!!

Will document my findings at a later stage....

banditloon
29-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Sorted :thumbsup:

Dodgy connection on the side light bulb. Striped out the headlight lens as well, while it was off and gave it a nice clean. 7.5 fuse had actually snapped at the blade joint (doh!!). New fuse put in :D Cleaned all the connectors and relay connections and now Nessie is running nicely.

Just requires a clean...

JerryXt
29-08-2007, 08:13 AM
so electrics sorted - what about the oil? Let me know when I should sell my oil stock :D

banditloon
29-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Oil was sorted a long time ago :chuckle:

No leaks. Oil level staying steady and the oil cooler is still on the shelf in my garage....

JerryXt
29-08-2007, 03:04 PM
just as well it's not hot then!

banditloon
29-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Who needs oil coolers?? ;)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/banditloon/Monster%20OC/IMG_0010.jpg