PDA

View Full Version : Kent monthly meet 1st September

gary tompkins
26-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Just a quick reminder about the usual Kent gathering this coming Sunday. Oakdene cafe at Wrotham - 10am (ish) for the usual brekkie, followed by....err... well your guess is as good as mine at present.

Would like to plan a run but weather may have other ideas, and it's a bit early to predict what to expect as yet. Fingers crossed we won't be treated to the "four seasons in a day" experience that's cursed us for most of the season, and we actually get to enjoy a short blast on the lanes.

Anyway... watch this space ;)

Albie
27-08-2007, 09:07 AM
I hope I can make this one. So much going on at mo the bikes have gone unridden. I pray for some nice weather like this weekend. Well Im off to london now to see Queens We Will Rock You. Been waiting a long tome to see this. I will enjoy it as have the funeral tomorrow.:eek:

singletrack
27-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Isn't Sunday the 2nd?

JerryXt
27-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Can we sort out what day the first is please? It's number 2 son's birthday and he really wants to know when he'll be 6 :D

Gadget
27-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Can we sort out what day the first is please? It's number 2 son's birthday and he really wants to know when he'll be 6 :D

Could be expensive...
You need to know not Number 2 son.
2 birthday presents caused by parental mis-management of the dates.

Where's his union rep.:D

GULLY
27-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi Guys
I am up for it
and a BIG BREKKIE
see you soon.
Gully:tgoe:

SazzaG
27-08-2007, 07:22 PM
We might see you all there.

Oakdene seems like a mere hop and a skip from here now, as we rode all the way back from Cornwall yesterday! That's a mighty long way...

gary tompkins
27-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Isn't Sunday the 2nd?

Good point Anne - my mistake.... it's been one of those weeks :dizzy:

Thread title now edited :)

JerryXt
28-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Could be expensive...
You need to know not Number 2 son.
2 birthday presents caused by parental mis-management of the dates.

Where's his union rep.:D

Tel me about it - he's aready reasoned that he should get the same pocket money as his 10 year old brother...

MilesB
28-08-2007, 06:58 AM
I should be able to see you there - and probably up for a run afterwards.

Miles

banditloon
28-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Tel me about it - he's aready reasoned that he should get the same pocket money as his 10 year old brother...

If he doesn't get the same rate of pocket money as his 10 year old brother, will the unions be brought in and a 72 hour strike follow?? ;)

scrapps
28-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Sounds good to me (bacon and egg sarnie MMmmm)

JerryXt
28-08-2007, 08:02 AM
If he doesn't get the same rate of pocket money as his 10 year old brother, will the unions be brought in and a 72 hour strike follow?? ;)

likely high-pitched screaming until we give in - it works for everything else!

Gadget
28-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Hijack over. :look:
I'll be there if there is no overtime Sunday.:thumbsup:

Gadget
30-08-2007, 05:13 PM
I will be working Sunday. So have an extra sausage for me.:thumbsup:

Need to pay for my new bits and the insurance quote has just arrived.

barbican
30-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Might pop allong if Suxexites are welcome

GULLY
30-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Might pop allong if Suxexites are welcome

see you on sunday:ukm:

Chaos
30-08-2007, 07:38 PM
i may brave coming out...... will probably come alone but may only do brekkie.... depends.... but as always will be nice to see the ikkle monsters :chuckle: x

romogape
30-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I'll try to get there for my first meet up,but...................we're away for the weekend and not sure what time i'll be home. What time do you usually hang around till??
Pete

gary tompkins
30-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Well I'm not counting any chickens yet, but this is current metcheck forecast for Sunday at the cafe....

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=TN15%207RR&day=3

Anyway - if forecast holds it'll be nice to have a bimble somewhere. I'd like to get away from cafe before 11.30 if possible, so can those up for a short(ish) ride-out please get to cafe early enough to get food etc.. (if needed) before we leave. Allow time for the usual (long) wait to get served, as cafe's bound to be packed with punters if it's a sunny morning.

Oh... and remember to fill up BEFORE you get to the cafe, or at least ensure you've plenty of fuel if planning to go on run.

I've gotta meet up with a guy at Sittingbourne at around 3pm, to to a deal on some paintball kit, so will have to dive off mid afternoon - hence the importance for me on start time.

For those travelling in from outside Kent needing directions...

postcode for Oakdene cafe is TN15 7RR

and here's a weblink

http://www.5minutesaway.co.uk/motorway/info.asp?id=7261-Junction%202%C2%A0M20

gary tompkins
30-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I'll try to get there for my first meet up,but...................we're away for the weekend and not sure what time i'll be home. What time do you usually hang around till??
Pete

Pete,

Be good to have you along on Sunday

see post above for details

J.P
31-08-2007, 06:55 AM
I hope to see you all there.

STU65
01-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I very much hope to finally get out on the bike. Should be there for 10:30ish.

Be great to see you all again, its been a while. :woot:

sieman
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I’m up for brekkie and a bimble. Been too long, see you all there,

Justin

:tgoe:

gary tompkins
01-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Weather forecast still holding

CU all in the morning :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

barbican
02-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Nice to meet a few of you today, sorry I coudn't have stayed a bit longer and everybody, but duty called.

Hope you had a good ride/lunch/natter

Adrian

Chaos
02-09-2007, 03:23 PM
was good to see you all again..... tks for letting me tag along :mand: got to make the most of the dry days from now on i guess

Albie
02-09-2007, 04:20 PM
It was nice today. Good turn out too. Nice too see old faces and new. Good to see you bob and getting better. Nice to see critchers 944 monnie running albeit a little oil leak. Stuart your s4r looks very tasty with the stubby can.
Glad i'm not alone with the pillion and Jps has now gone 2 up. Its so nice to see couples enjoying bikes.
And sorry if I did slow you peeps in parts. My wrist was aching on way home too. Im getting old.
Till the next time
Andy and Caroline

J.P
02-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks to you lot for putting up with the small lanes and missed turnings I took you on, but at least the weather was good and we all got to sit out in the sun at the pub.
Til next time.

STU65
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Cheers all for a good ride out, great to get out on the bike (first time this year!!!) and to see the Kent crew.

JP the route was very interesting some unusual roads, I don't know how you know all these routes!

Bob, sorry I didn't get a chance to chat, I thought you were on the ride. I hope your well catch you next time.

Thanks everyone.

PS Gary the pic you took of my bike if you get a chance could you send me a copy. It will do as my new pic on the web site.

Cheers TTFN.

alan c
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
nice to see everyone today and weather good, thanks to jp for ride to pub but crisps for snobs at 90p and no pork scratchings, i ask you !
nice to hear about gullys fantasy/dreams:)

hope to see you all soon, alan c

Headhunter
02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
nice to see everyone today and weather good, thanks to jp for ride to pub but crisps for snobs at 90p and no pork scratchings, i ask you !
nice to hear about gullys fantasy/dreams:)

:eek: Where did you guys go?

Alan, you've got to tell us more! Bet it involved something naked with plenty of go.

gary tompkins
02-09-2007, 06:26 PM
T'was a good time had by all today :woot:

Think we had about 14 monsters at the cafe, and 10 or 11 bikes on the run to the pub - thanks to everyone for making the effort. Well done on leading ride-out J.P., you were making good progress there mate, in fact I was struggling to keep up at the tail end ;)

Great to have Barbican & Seiman at the cafe today. Critcher's newly 944'ed monster looked & sounded the dogs, and really appreciated L/Bob & Stuart popping down too - even though Stu's trip wasn't intended? :look:

Hope we get a few more weekends like it this year - we sure deserve it

As for picture STU65... see below. Send me an email addy & I can let you have it full size. Sorry only found one shot in the end - must have deleted the other by accident - sorry :dunce:

J.P
02-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah sorry, now when I see an open road I crack it open.
It must ne all that extra training I've been getting.

MilesB
03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
A brilliant turn out by all concerned, and great to go on a rideout when it wasn't me in the lead - even went down some 'interesting' back lanes local to my place that I haven't been down before!

Thanks to JP for leading - I enjoyed the route which was just about the right length for a 'social blat'. Not entirely sure about the GPS though... :mand:

I counted 9 Monsters (and my Pegaso) at the pub, and we'd already lost 3 before the rideout.

Miles

PS: Get weller soon Bob :thumbsup:

GULLY
03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Gang
Well what a great sunday and on rain!!
Go to see you all and the ride out was great,but the crisps was a rip off
and no porkscratchings. what is the wolrd comming too.:scratch:

Good to see you Bob up and about get well soon.

Gully
would be nice to go agone soon.

scrapps
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
It was good to see you all again and thanks to jp for the ride out.:thumbsup: good weather good company and a ride to a nice pub in the sun great.....:mand: (and if peeps want i will sort another bowling do prizes ect)

Lady-Bob
04-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Bob, sorry I didn't get a chance to chat, I thought you were on the ride. I hope your well catch you next time.

Stu... I saw you arrive and was deep in conversation with Sieman at the time (thanx for standing in line for me Justin:thumbsup: )

I thort... oooh look it's Stu.... I must try and hobble over there to have a chat and before I knew it everyone was waving me goodbye!!!

Catch up next time eh?