PDA

View Full Version : Sting

NEAN&chris
26-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Was riding out of Tamworth along Alrewas Road, we saw a group of riders which we think was headed by a Ducati Monster 900 or 600, got stuck behind an agricultural vehicle, was warned by on coming traffic of police speed check ahead-due to recent biker fatalities due to speeding on section of road, two miles on pointed to his neck in quick motion:fou: , I thought god, it's either a wasp or he's having a stroke-well he is getting on a bit-:heart: He wiggled to a halt, I dragged off his yellow flourescent jerkin:scratch: pulled off his leather:yoparty: tore off his scarf:look: and flicked the blighter off:devil: pulled out the sting :Furious: and sucked out the poison:( not really. It can only happen to Chris xx

Chris & Nean
26-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Lol, good description of events this afternoone Nean but ur a cop out my dear,!!! suck my neck begoraa... u pinched out poisen with thumbs and it hurt, but im still greatfull :o , but how and why did that wasp get all way round the back of my neck before comitting harriecarry??? why didnt it get me in the juggular? could have been much more fun, and why did u think i was having a stroke? and not a heart attack for example, or a seizure? lol

Nickj
27-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Evil little buggers deserving of death, wasps that is... lucky it wasn't one of those euro wasps, huge muscular beasts that make our hornets look puny.
I have 'fond' waspy memories, thought one was pinned by the wind to the front of the goggles I was wearing till something brushed my eyelashes. A panic'r'us moment

banditloon
28-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Evil little buggers deserving of death, wasps that is... lucky it wasn't one of those euro wasps, huge muscular beasts that make our hornets look puny.
I have 'fond' waspy memories, thought one was pinned by the wind to the front of the goggles I was wearing till something brushed my eyelashes. A panic'r'us moment

It's great when that happens!!! Your riding along thinking "That buzzy thing is hanging on well at 70mph".. Then... BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Queue the daft crash helmet take off and scream like a big girl in the middle of the road dance....

Bloody buzzy things :D

Bodybag
28-08-2007, 10:38 AM
I was following Chappers on a rideout last summer when she started doing "The Dance of The Wasp" on her bike. She pulled over and whipped off her jacket to get the little bugger out. Had me in stitches for ages. :D

Chris & Nean
28-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Got too admire the feisty little buggers, amazing creatures really, especially the ones that take on a tarantula several times their own size. I remember happy days playing with wasp’s nests when I was a kid and it’s amazing how they seem to know how to go for the eyes. The other night going about 70 on the bike just as dusk set in I felt a solid thump right in the middle of my chest,! It must have been a bat or small songbird or something, to much weight for it to have been an insect, but I would have thought that as bats have exceptional hearing they would be unlikely to get in the way of a noisy speeding motorbike, I hope it survived the impact what ever it was.

gremlin
28-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Could have been a bat, we got one with the Landrover the other morning at stupid oclock, I guess their sonar doesn't work that quickly poor little things.

JerryXt
28-08-2007, 07:56 PM
...descending the col de Vence near Nice on my bicycle - 50ish in lycra and one got me on the eyebrow - couldn't stop at that speed and didn't want to do a flyer over the 2000 foot drop. Just got to ignore it and carry on :)