PDA

View Full Version : People travel miles for a good buffet

Nonnie
24-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Today my last surviving grandparent died.
The wierdest thing of all is 5 minutes after he died, Benson rang up and said shed had a feeling something was wrong all day. Bless Benson, I am glad I have good friends because that's what life is really all about. Doing your best for your family and loving your friends.

Possibly my oddest ever post on this forum. NO! Really?

slob
24-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I'll drink to that

Bodybag
24-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Sorry for your loss and here's to grumpy old men. Thats what I want to be when I grow up!!

singletrack
24-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Raise a glass to Parents and Grandparents departed. :booze:

- I lost my Grandparents years ago. I don't remember much about them.

My Mum died 20 years ago - I still miss her.

My Dad died earlier this year and I regularly pick up the phone to call him, then I realise he's no longer here. :(

Nonnie
24-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks to you all.

benson
24-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Family and friends - one you choose, one you don't. I know what's kept me going and it isn't my family, apart from my wonderful sister who is actually more of a friend...

Hope you haven't murered your Mum Nonnie - deep kudos but a lengthyjail term would probably follow.

xxx

Nonnie
24-08-2007, 07:24 PM
hehe! I'll let you know. If I happen to pitch up this week due to dysfunctional family squabbles, I know you'll take us in.

I'm just waiting for the will to be read then we'll really see the fighting begin.

I just know our tent will fit in your garden.

benson
24-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Absolutely - you'd all be very welcome - any of you!!! :woot:

Will = trouble. My mum died and my dad ripped hers up and ran off with his secretary pretty much straight away! :scratch: Hmmm - not a particulalry parenting strategy but oh the parties I had as a kid!!!

See you soon hon and take care - I am sadly reduced to watching Big Brother and emptying a bottle of rioja - shame!!

singletrack
24-08-2007, 07:35 PM
See you soon hon and take care - I am sadly reduced to watching Big Brother and emptying a bottle of rioja - shame!!

Only one bottle of Rioja - LIGHTWEIGHT!

benson
24-08-2007, 07:44 PM
I know - I'm hoping for lessons in Derbyshire!!!

:look: :woot: :look: :woot:

katana
24-08-2007, 11:17 PM
My Dad died earlier this year and I regularly pick up the phone to call him, then I realise he's no longer here. :(

I've been doing that for seven years. I think its wishful thinking, on my part, that I imagined it all.

gremlin
25-08-2007, 05:16 PM
My lot are dropping like flies, lost a cousin the other week. Thats 9 family members in 6 years, I'm not going to have any left soon. I've only got my mum, one uncle, one aunt and three more cousins to go.
Our only claim to family fame is an ancester who signed Charles 1 death warrant. He managed to to get away with it by giving the Crown all our land etc then got exiled to Jersey instead of being hung drawn and quartered like the rest. The estimated cost to the family was around 6 million, daren't think what it would be worth today.

Headhunter
25-08-2007, 05:43 PM
I am sadly reduced to watching Big Brother and emptying a bottle of rioja - shame!!

No shame in emptying a bottle of Rioja -exactly what i did last night, but i'd need something a bit stronger if i had to endure BB.

If you like Rioja try this - http://www.thewinesociety.com/Shop/shop.aspx?section=pd&pd=SP3771 -

Nonnie, here's a glass raised to you. :drunk: