PDA

View Full Version : Booking for track day Brands Sept 13th

Nim
24-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok....a few people seem interested...im happy to make a group booking just after the bank holiday weekend.

If you def wanna come put your name in this thread.

It's £155, and maybe ill get us a discount, depends on how many book!

scrapps
24-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok....a few people seem interested...im happy to make a group booking just after the bank holiday weekend.

Sounds like a plan to me,
scrapps

JerryXt
24-08-2007, 04:11 PM
me too :)

Nim
28-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Jerry and Scrapps....im booking in 1 or 2 hours....thats around 1 or 2pm....

scrapps
28-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi nim forward me the link or number and i will sort a booking:woot:

Nim
28-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi nim forward me the link or number and i will sort a booking:woot:

Im booking for 5 or 6 of us....do you not want me to book for you at same time? i think we get 5% discount or something just as exciting if we book altogether :)

scrapps
28-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes you can if its no problem,then pm details for sending you the pennies or i can bring cash for you on the day..:biggrin: :flag:
still send me a link if poss cos a have no details of times/noise regs ect ect

Nim
28-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Shall i book you both in novice, intermediate or advanced? can prob change on the day anyways

scrapps
28-08-2007, 11:29 AM
You can def book me in the novice group extra slow novice if poss:D

Nim
28-08-2007, 11:36 AM
You can def book me in the novice group extra slow novice if poss:D

That'll be you and me both! especially after the gravel incident....grrrrr... gravel.....hate it!!!!

J.P
28-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Is that the extra slow novice group, so you can blast past them and scare them senseless ?

scrapps
28-08-2007, 12:02 PM
yep thats the one... saves them doing that to me in the inters. I will not be very fast on a new track. plus i am not that fast or confident. just hope i can at least overtake some jap bikes. :hissy:

scrapps
28-08-2007, 12:03 PM
And stay out of the gravel:scratch:

Nim
28-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Is that the extra slow novice group, so you can blast past them and scare them senseless ?

Damn you JP!!! You're not supposed to tell everyone that haha im gonna overtake every jap bike i can get my grubby little hands on (without any gravel issues, i dealt with them last time) :yoparty:

Nim
28-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Scrapps....Jerry.....WE'RE ON!!!! only thing is, i didnt know your surnames, so they put you both with my surname....should be amusing for all when we register :) ill PM you details...YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another track day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JerryXt
28-08-2007, 12:53 PM
NoVices for me again. I'm doing Rockingham on the 8th so I'll see if I want to move up.

J.

JerryXt
28-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Scrapps....Jerry.....WE'RE ON!!!! only thing is, i didnt know your surnames, so they put you both with my surname....should be amusing for all when we register :) ill PM you details...YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another track day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I be Mrs Nim?

Nim
28-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Can I be Mrs Nim?

You can be whatever you want luv :)

I will be MMMsssssssss Nim, or similar.....

i put us all in the novice group, you can always move up later in the day anyways. Im glad there will be more monsters there this time!!

scrapps
28-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Cheers nim looking forward to it...:thumbsup: (so am i granpar nim ? ) i will bring trailer tools ect.:woot:

Nim
28-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Cheers nim looking forward to it...:thumbsup: (so am i granpar nim ? ) i will bring trailer tools ect.:woot:

Good idea with the trailer, it was pretty hellish biking back after the track day last time! only an hour for me tho so not so bad :)

I may need to steal a tool or two...well, actually just the one for my mirrors!

Manda
31-08-2007, 08:17 AM

I would be up for this but i cant see a date of 13th September on the Brands Hatch website for novice trackday, theres one on the 18th. Can you post up the bit that you saw for 13th ????

Cheers, Manda

scrapps
31-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I would be up for this but i cant see a date of 13th September on the Brands Hatch website for novice trackday, theres one on the 18th. Can you post up the bit that you saw for 13th ????

Cheers, Manda

I checked on nims original post and it a open trackday (3 classes nov int nut) run by trackdays.co.uk. :D come and play:thumbsup:

Manda
31-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I checked on nims original post and it a open trackday (3 classes nov int nut) run by trackdays.co.uk. :D come and play:thumbsup:

Cheers Scrapps, Ive just booked it, see you there :mand:

scrapps
31-08-2007, 01:42 PM
No problem Mand it will be good to see you,:yoparty: I am looking forward to it allready (a bit nervous about paddock hill..:o )

J.P
31-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Last time I was at Brands I was 21 (bloody years ago) and driving a Ford Fiesta on a Red Letter day type of thing. I felt very slow.

JerryXt
31-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Last time I was at Brands I was 21 (bloody years ago) and driving a Ford Fiesta on a Red Letter day type of thing. I felt very slow.

speaking of red, I just bought some new Italian leathers in a very 'Italian' design, mostly in red. Got some free, red, boots too. Not sure about this, I think the blonde that sold them to me may not have been telling the truth when she said my bum didn't look too big...

Nim
01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Cheers Scrapps, Ive just booked it, see you there :mand:

Cool Mand!!! See you there! x

Manda
04-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Cool Mand!!! See you there! x

Gettin nervous now :look:

scrapps
04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Gettin nervous now :look:

me to, only been on ukmoc trackday not sure how i will do with lots of idiots on jap bikes trying to pass me on the bends:o .

Nim
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
me to, only been on ukmoc trackday not sure how i will do with lots of idiots on jap bikes trying to pass me on the bends:o .

come on guys, dont worry! ill be there to look after you...and now i know not to fly up to paddocks doin a ton, all should be fine :)

and i guarantee that you'll be doing a lot better than alot of blokes on jap bikes who are scared of their bikes and also only done 1 or 2 track days

hey, if i can do it....anyone can do it!:yoparty:

scrapps
06-09-2007, 04:52 PM
So what time are we meeting and where :scratch: I havent looked at details for the day yet (nim did you get the email from trackday people and can you forward.) prob best to get there early what are peeps ideas ect:D

Manda
11-09-2007, 07:18 AM
You have to be there 7.30 - 8.20 for signing in so dont be late or you will have to sign in afetr 9.30 and miss out your first session. Take ya licence, both bits.
Im gettin nervous now!!

JerryXt
11-09-2007, 07:38 AM
They do noise testing too - oooer. Recommendation is to hold the clutch in and when they ask you to take it to 5000, take it to 4500...

Nim
11-09-2007, 10:44 AM
dont worry about noise testing, mines only 98db with aftermarket exhausts...youd have to try rel hard to beat 105db :)

last time got there just after 8, and they were still signing in people till 8.30.

best thng is to park up in a garage on the rhs once you have ridden in, and then look out for the rest of the monsters and wave us in!! its nicer that way so we can all chat etc between rides....see' ya'll tomoro!!!!!

Nim
11-09-2007, 10:45 AM
oh yeah, there will be a VFR and an SV650 joining us, so look out for them too :)

JerryXt
11-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Given that I've had a 100% late record at ever other track day I've done, I'll probably be late.

BTW, if anyone is going by car or van , it might be worth taking a big petrol can and splitting the cost...

Manda
11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
dont worry about noise testing, mines only 98db with aftermarket exhausts...youd have to try rel hard to beat 105db :)

last time got there just after 8, and they were still signing in people till 8.30.

best thng is to park up in a garage on the rhs once you have ridden in, and then look out for the rest of the monsters and wave us in!! its nicer that way so we can all chat etc between rides....see' ya'll tomoro!!!!!

Its not tomorrow! Its the day after, stop gettin excited...

scrapps
12-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Oo my god it tomorrow :o looking forward to brans but still a bit nervous..
I have not been to a trackday at brans do we go in main gate ? where do we park, do they sell food ect ? :eek: I dont like not knowing where i am going :(

Gilps
12-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Oo my god it tomorrow :o looking forward to brans but still a bit nervous..
I have not been to a trackday at brans do we go in main gate ? where do we park, do they sell food ect ? :eek: I dont like not knowing where i am going :(

The last time I did one there, you went in through the paddock entrance which is the side road before the main gate if you are coming from the M25. The entrance is along the road a way, on the right hand side. Go into the paddock and use the tunnel at the top of the paddock, near to the offices, to go under the track and into the garage area.
On a track day you usually get use of the garages.
I've got my trackday routine nailed down now. Turn up about 7.30, unload bike, check tyres and fuel, then go sign on and get breakfast. The cafe at the end of the garages does a good full English, and that is where the brieifing is usually held too. Eat food and drink tea whilst enduring the briefing. Then off to ride your bike. With a large brekkie inside you, you will not want much for the rest of the day.
I have been carrying out a survey of breakfasts at all the major curcuits this year, purely for the benefit of club members. I am happy to report that the Brands Hatch full English breakfast came in at second place for quality and value for money, behind Mallory.

I really hope you all enjoy your day out and make sure you all keep it shiny side up. I will try to get along to watch if I can find the time.

Nim
12-09-2007, 08:16 AM
The last time I did one there, you went in through the paddock entrance which is the side road before the main gate if you are coming from the M25. The entrance is along the road a way, on the right hand side. Go into the paddock and use the tunnel at the top of the paddock, near to the offices, to go under the track and into the garage area.
On a track day you usually get use of the garages.
I've got my trackday routine nailed down now. Turn up about 7.30, unload bike, check tyres and fuel, then go sign on and get breakfast. The cafe at the end of the garages does a good full English, and that is where the brieifing is usually held too. Eat food and drink tea whilst enduring the briefing. Then off to ride your bike. With a large brekkie inside you, you will not want much for the rest of the day.
I have been carrying out a survey of breakfasts at all the major curcuits this year, purely for the benefit of club members. I am happy to report that the Brands Hatch full English breakfast came in at second place for quality and value for money, behind Mallory.

I really hope you all enjoy your day out and make sure you all keep it shiny side up. I will try to get along to watch if I can find the time.

exactemente :)...and you can get petrol a 2 minute ride from the paddock, tend to fill up again at lunch time....

Nim
12-09-2007, 08:18 AM
oh, last time i went they had closed off the side entrance, so it might be easier to use the main entrance and go in that way...its pretty cool riding in to Brands Hatch thinking....'oh my god....im just about to ride around here like a loon'. an extremely safe and well organised loon that is :)

J.P
12-09-2007, 09:14 AM
And you've got the weather for it you lucky buggers.
If only my colleague wasn't on holiday this week !

Nim
12-09-2007, 10:37 AM
And you've got the weather for it you lucky buggers.
If only my colleague wasn't on holiday this week !

its ok, theres a no limits track day at brands at end oct for £99...i thought id wait and see how icy the weather will make the track and then book it a couple of weeks in advance :)

i will, of course, keep you updated.

maybe i should make a living booking track days? lol

scrapps
12-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Cheers folks that seems to cover all my questions (for now) bike will be on trailer, I will try to get there early so i can park without hitting any bikes:o
wow not long now :woot: :woot: :woot: see you at brans:D

Nim
12-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Cheers folks that seems to cover all my questions (for now) bike will be on trailer, I will try to get there early so i can park without hitting any bikes:o
wow not long now :woot: :woot: :woot: see you at brans:D

but you never asked about the 'Rossi work-out'??!!

its ok, ill be leading the Rossi work-out from 8.15am in garage 27.

Be there, or miss out on seeing bikers in lycra :) (not me, ill hasten to add...)

scrapps
12-09-2007, 12:20 PM
? rossi workout ! you have lost me now nim...or has my mind just wandered off to thinking about you in lycra :scratch:
leaving work early to try and sort bike...running lumpy and front plug is getting oil/unburnt feul on it. hope its just the plug or lead:o

Nim
12-09-2007, 12:53 PM
? rossi workout ! you have lost me now nim...or has my mind just wandered off to thinking about you in lycra :scratch:
leaving work early to try and sort bike...running lumpy and front plug is getting oil/unburnt feul on it. hope its just the plug or lead:o

its ok....ill bring my amazing mechanical skills with me and strip your bike for you tomoro and put it back together in 2 minutes...or is that my machine gun skills?? such a similar art, i get confused!

Ok, you may have realised that i am really trying to avoid working by writing complete rubbish in this thread....:chuckle:

J.P
12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
You are succeding.

JerryXt
12-09-2007, 01:58 PM
work? When it's sunny?

J.P
12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Well guys, just got a space for Monday the 17th at Brands myself with another company. So I'll be looking for your feedback.