PDA

View Full Version : oldboy newtricks

ianroberts
19-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Hello everybody,after a steady diet of jap fare,mostly kawasaki,I thought i'd give a v-twin a shot.I've turned back the clock a few years(metaphorically) to when motorcycles were fun before the japs sanitised them into most peoples idea of perfection.I traded my zx6r in for an s4r a couple of weeks ago.My missus reckons my face has set into this grin I've got when I come home from a ride,its absolutely brilliant!! The whole experience is entertainment from the prod of the starter.As for the noise it makes.
My thanks and best wishes to the people at Manchester Ducati.
cheers
Ian

benson
19-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Ian and welcome to the club and to the world of monster ownership - the grin will remain for a long time and no doubt you'll soon get into the present buying scenarios for the bike too!

JerryXt
19-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Welcome - I feel the same way about my new toy - can't wait to ride it and loving every minute.

IMHO yo've got one of the best (non-red) colours too!

ianroberts
20-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome,

minnie_minx
20-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Did exactly the same myself few weeks ago too. Previously owned 2 Kwaks (zxr400 and zx6r G2) and fancied making the leap into V-twindom (also with an S4R - yum!).

The noise is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As is the acceleration. Even my hubby was surprised by how much he enjoyed riding it.

Have fun and ride safe.

p.s. :gromit: is very cute - got a choccie version

ianroberts
24-08-2007, 01:15 PM
hi minnie_minx, wish I had more time to ride but as aircraft contracter dont get much time at home at the moment. my :gromit:is a little:devil:most of the time but we love him:)
cheers for now

Chappers
24-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Welcome :ukm:

Hope to see you at some events :woot:

scrapps
24-08-2007, 02:24 PM
hello and welcome:D