PDA

View Full Version : Bad weekend in Wiltshire......

Shandy
13-08-2007, 09:32 PM
.......i hate seeing things like this,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/6943679.stm

Rogerg
14-08-2007, 06:59 AM
aint just Wilts Shandy,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/6944631.stm

barbican
14-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Its bad to see this type of thing - terrible for friends and family.

The consequences will also be bad news for biking, since it will encourage the legislators to bring in more restrictions, and tougher penalties.

benson
14-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Agreed - and the test is also changing from next August, I think, which will make it much more difficult to get a license and ride.

It's never good press but unfortunately it happens - people take risks and get it wrong, and I'm sure we've all done it at one time or another, it's just that usually we don't end up wrapped round a tree....(or a hedge...:p )

Headhunter
14-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Not good reading. I always try to think of these type of articles when those "silly" moments occur or you know you're about to do something stupid.

SazzaG
14-08-2007, 08:09 PM
and I'm sure we've all done it at one time or another, it's just that usually we don't end up wrapped round a tree....(or a hedge...:p )

Or a bus stop....:rolleyes:

I had to pass a crash also in Wiltshire on Sunday on my way home, at the junction of the A338 and A342 by Ludgershall. Looked like a biker down at the junction, lots of police and paramedics.

I'd just spent a weekend going considerably slower with the off-road faction of UKMOC (or UKMUC as we like to be known). What with all the numptys on the road these days, and the sheer amount of traffic, it's very statisfying to hoon around off-road at all of 30mph, not worrying about other road users (apart from the odd tank!).

Take care out there guys.

Saz

spacemonkey
14-08-2007, 09:45 PM
It certainly would help if new bikers bought appropriate bikes and not the anatomy extensions they see in the bike comics. Coming home from Boringmouth on Sunday I came across three obviously inexperienced/braindead bikers that were totally clueless. Accident's waiting to happen.. One bird who was all over the place on her new GSXR600/750 thing, thrupenny-bitting away and legs everywhere when stopping (seen her twice now and she hasn't improved in the last few months..). And going only 2/3rds of any speed limits. And R1 pilot doing the same and a Blade pilot bimbling along in a dream world weaving all over the road, again, way below the limit and got a bit ****ty when I blasted past him in my MX5.. AND WHY DOESN'T ANY CHRISTCHURCH BIKERS FILTER/OVERTAKE...?

gremlin
15-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Problem is it's always reported as a biker accident, they don't say whether a car driver actually did the damage so it's all bad press for us. When our mates wife was killed it wasn't reported that the driver pulled out without looking until the inquest, so until then she was just another biker going too fast, taking risks etc, which is how we are all portrayed even if not true.

Shandy
16-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Problem is it's always reported as a biker accident, they don't say whether a car driver actually did the damage so it's all bad press for us. When our mates wife was killed it wasn't reported that the driver pulled out without looking until the inquest, so until then she was just another biker going too fast, taking risks etc, which is how we are all portrayed even if not true.

Yeah i know what you mean, most of the time it just gets counted on the statistics as a bike accident without the cause associated with it

Shandy
16-08-2007, 07:00 PM
AND WHY DOESN'T ANY CHRISTCHURCH BIKERS FILTER/OVERTAKE...?

Inbreeding mate, to many people shagging their sisters :shocked:

sbex216
16-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Inbreeding mate, to many people shagging their sisters :shocked:

Hey Andy, aren't you one of Wilts statistics? wot with crashing and being on your remedial training course (ya big biffer).....lol :grump:

Shandy
16-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey Andy, aren't you one of Wilts statistics? wot with crashing and being on your remedial training course (ya big biffer).....lol :grump:

Yeah but i'm not in with the village statistics out there with that lot :freak: