PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Stu Pid
13-08-2007, 09:35 AM
You will have to excuse me, im not very technical so my explanations are crap, but I have noticed since I had a major service on the S4 that there seems to a brown oil/grease that is coming from somewhere. it is showing mostly on the silver plate which sits below the front of the frame and inbetween the airbox filter and fork clamps, it seems to be coming from where the front part of the frame(where the VIN number is) connects to the clamp holding the forks, its coming from this clamp I think anyway, It isnt coming from the forks themselves, f**k me, thats as best an explanation that I can manage I think.

ANY IDEAS WHAT IT IS???

S4 MAD
13-08-2007, 11:27 AM
i think its just to prevent unessacery muck going up into wireing on the front,
that was my guess anyway.

Scotty
13-08-2007, 03:25 PM
? uh errm

is it oil-ie or watery ?

and if you clean it off does it return later ?

Stu Pid
13-08-2007, 03:32 PM
? uh errm

is it oil-ie or watery ?

and if you clean it off does it return later ?

Well, some of its watery as it seems to have sort of splashed rather than just oozed out, but when it settles it gets a bit oily , it wipes away easily enough, but I must admit thinking of it, last time it happened last week, it was just after I washed it, it didnt happen again until I washed it again yesterday, so, could that be it maybe?

Scotty
13-08-2007, 03:51 PM
highly likley

after washing bike (infrequent at best) i normally tip it to the side to drain any water that collects or more often go and get petrol to dry it off

Stu Pid
13-08-2007, 04:00 PM
I reckon that must be it then, well I hope it is anyway, its just when I see Oil, leak and forks together, I see bank balance, money and ker-ching at the same time.

Thanks for your time Scotty