PDA

View Full Version : Well well well....what have we here?

awhat-ster?
11-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Ello guys and girls!

I'm a new owner of a 2002 Ducati M600 Dark :) I've had an eye on them for a while, but after selling my Yamaha Thundercat and every insurance company not wanting to insure me on a new R6 (because i'm baby faced amongst everything)...i decided to stick it to the man and leave the sports japs bikees....and resting my fun firmly into the bosom of an italian mistress!

I bought this monster from a dealer, and in their words, the previous owner had a 'fetish for carbon!'...it's got on it a carbon fibre front mudguard, tail tray, cover in the middle of the engine (i really don't know what it is...but it's where the 90 deg v twin sits!) and most importantly, carbon Termognini twin exhausts with carbon heat covers.

It's a WHOLE new riding style to a sports bike, so still getting used to it...but so far so good.
i parked it up in covent garden, and it got a few looks, which was amusing....it's loud and rumbles like Fred Flinstones laugh- it sounds great.

I'm here to learn about maintaining this monster and pick up any tips and advice you all have to offer.

Cheers for the welcome!

Nickj
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Welcome to a new world

Think yourself lucky the guy didn't have a rubber fetish LOL The mind boggles!!

yellowfever
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
welcome to the dark side....! And result getting exhausts already done by previous owner - should stave off further damage to bank balance for a bit....

Gadget
12-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Welcome to another London Monsterer.

Chappers
13-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Welcome :ukm:

Hopefully see you at some events and well done on bagging yourself a bike that already has the pricey extra's on...your wallet is safe :thumbsup:

gary tompkins
13-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi there,

Welcome to UKMOC. The Kent mob meets 1st Sunday at Oakdene Cafe Wrotham if you are ever down this way, and we often do other ride-outs. Keep an eye on the regional event section :)

awhat-ster?
13-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes :)
And oh yes. Those Term's a sweet sounding!...hope no chaves take a liking to Bike!
Gary, i'!m going to try and make it down to a meet! Once i get a little screen and some proper mirrors...but also to check your Monster out and also to get a little insight into Balfour Beatty..i'm a Wilkinson Eyre Part 1 myself :):chuckle:

Thanks all!

benson
14-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello hello and welcome to the club - I'm Benson, also knows as Rachel, and I'm the rep for London and Essex. Keep an eye out in the regional areas for rides and meets ups - and hopefully if we still have some summer left somewhere we'll get to put a face to a name before too long...

Nim
14-08-2007, 01:23 PM
welcome welcome welcome....enjoy the site, everyone is really friendly and helpful, dunno what id do without them!!

jwood26
19-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Wecome to the club mate. Lots to see and chat about on this site, I love it. Not as much as my bike and old man of course thou!!! hahaha. Jackie

Scotty
19-08-2007, 09:43 AM
welcome welcome welcome....enjoy the site, everyone is really friendly and helpful, dunno what id do without them!!

proberly buy a gixer ;)