PDA

View Full Version : motorcycles should not normally be permitted to use bus lanes

Diego
10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
grrrrr :Furious: ....clearly a goverment that is not with the times...then again...that in itself is a contraditio in terminis!

check this....

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page12861.asp

----------------------------------------------------------

Darry
10-08-2007, 03:13 PM
The new guidance revises the previous Department for Transport's advice on bus lanes, Local Transport Note 1/97: Keeping Buses Moving, which recommended that motorcycles should not normally be permitted to use bus lanes.

So they are now NOT saying motorcycles should not normally be permitted to use bus lanes.

giler
10-08-2007, 03:21 PM
The new guidance revises the previous Department for Transport's advice on bus lanes, Local Transport Note 1/97: Keeping Buses Moving, which recommended that motorcycles should not normally be permitted to use bus lanes.

So they are now NOT saying motorcycles should not normally be permitted to use bus lanes.

They are still copping out and leaving up to each local authority!

benson
10-08-2007, 04:16 PM
that's true enough - Lambeth used to allow it - but from my daily commute experience through several boroughs I've not yet been done for being in the bus lane - it seems that if you're not in the middle of the lane then most cameras don't seem to get you! That' might simply be a case of never having film in the camera but for a few years now I've not been caught....

Gadget
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I got snapped in the New Kent Road heading towards the Elephant and Castle about a year ago. £50.00 pay now £100.00 if you want to argue.
TfL are not very consistent as the A13 (in places) is open to motorcycles.

banditloon
10-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Kingston on Thames is open season in bus lanes.

Rest of my little journey up to Chelsea is left looking, pondering, and wondering why there is an empty bus lane next to me, and do i dare use it and have to pay lots of money if I do...

Bloody buses... Ban them too

dustybin
13-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Paid my £60 fine this morning for being in the bus lane on the seven sisters road. I was only just inside the line but that was enough! Nice picture though. My riding position is much better than I thought although I could do with losing a few inches off my arse!

JerryXt
13-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Look at the road just before the camera and you'll see squares cut into the road - induction loops. If you steer clear of those the camera doesn't know you exist.

Doesn't apply to cctv on lamposts or buses obviously.

zxebeast
13-08-2007, 02:29 PM
grrrrr :Furious: ....clearly a goverment that is not with the times...then again...that in itself is a contraditio in terminis!

check this....

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page12861.asp

----------------------------------------------------------

i signed the petition to request extensive use of bus lanes by bikers... then the pm or whoever does the stupid speechwritin for him comes back with nice n void words about how motorcyclin is gettin ever so popular... but no sorry its the local authorities job to tell you whether you can use bus lanes or not... well i dont see any signs anywhere tellin bikers that they can use bus lanes where they are allowed to use them... its all a right mess n we get the raw deal... the amount of disruption we cause to buses while usin those lanes is fackin minimal... politicians... they can all go to hell :D

Nickj
13-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Bath allows bikes in on most bus lanes, much better than it used to be on the A4 london road. Always used to ride up the opposite side of the road and usually ended up going round the islands :woot:
Cheltenham seems to be OK with using bus lanes, frequently undertake police with no bother.

Got to figure that in large cities it would take a lot of additional signs which would mean actually spending money on something worthwhile. Probably easier to get them to allow use by the 'blind gay bactrian camel owners association' or other oppressed minority group.

Oh yes the PM responses do suck, the response on a ban speed cameras petition cited the very disproven 28% of accidents directly caused by speed and then a few other 'facts' as easily shown to be total BS by official government figures.

crust
13-08-2007, 07:21 PM
:confused: but you can ride in bus lanes

ahhh

you're talking about 'that London'

in my town we got off our backsides, backed MAG, harassed our council and whatyaknow - we get to ride in bus lanes

so do other places

of course, complaining on a bikers website is easier

however, its not very effective

why not join MAG and be a part of the solution?

or, instead of preaching to the converted, have a whinge at someone who should GAF

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

http://www.london.gov.uk/gla/contact.jsp#plu

go on, assert your democratic rights, stand up and be counted

:) Crust

zxebeast
13-08-2007, 07:41 PM
:confused: but you can ride in bus lanes

ahhh

you're talking about 'that London'

in my town we got off our backsides, backed MAG, harassed our council and whatyaknow - we get to ride in bus lanes

so do other places

of course, complaining on a bikers website is easier

however, its not very effective

why not join MAG and be a part of the solution?

or, instead of preaching to the converted, have a whinge at someone who should GAF

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

http://www.london.gov.uk/gla/contact.jsp#plu

go on, assert your democratic rights, stand up and be counted

:) Crust

yeah i dont like moaners either... see i actually did sign the petition to no 10.. . n i also joined MAG last year in Reading n i know which bus lanes we can use there (not even all of them)... now im not in Reading anymore... so yes i press as much as i care to press n try an kick them asses as much as i can... that doesnt mean i will spend my whole life tryin to convince politicians... i dont like em... its a personal view... so much for my freedom of speech.. n thats the end of my moanin allowance for the month :D

Nickj
13-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I think pavements should be fair game too, not like people can't hear I'm coming now LOL (Oh small flaw) 'cept for the members of the 'blind gay bactrian camel owners association'

zxebeast
13-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I think pavements should be fair game too, not like people can't hear I'm coming now LOL (Oh small flaw) 'cept for the members of the 'blind gay bactrian camel owners association'

hahahahahaha they gotta be deaf too. fackin hell they need protection from us lawbreakin bikers. soon they ll be more powerful than the BMF.... wait a minute thats not that difficult