PDA

View Full Version : Kent Rep - Update

gary tompkins
10-08-2007, 08:01 AM
As some of you may or may not know, LadyBob is currently laid up with serious back problems (suspected displaced disc), and possibly out of commission for some time until sorted. I spoke to Helen on the phone last night, and offered to cover for her as regional rep until she's fit.

It's agony for her to sit in front of her PC for more than a few minutes, which obviously makes it difficult to to log on to the forum, and anything on 2 wheels is a complete non-starter. I'll be acting UKMOC rep for event's, rideouts etc.. as well as keeping Helen informed on important developements forum-wise, for the forseeable future.

Get well soon LadyBob - and I'll do my best to mind the fort :heart:

Nonnie
10-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Rachel and I were wondering how she was the other day. We hadn't heard from her for a while.

Gary, please pass on our good wishes to her. Tell her we miss her and hope to see her soon.

xx

benson
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Absolutely GT - please send her all my love and wish her as little pain as is possible - Jenny suffers with damaged discs in her back and I know what agony that is for her....

Meanwhile GWS Lady Bob and hope to see you soon, and good luck GT with the Kenties!!!:spin:

CK & AK
10-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Please give Helen all the best from us Gazza - & well done for taking on the region in the interrim mate :)

MilesB
10-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Get well soon LadyBob - and I'll do my best to mind the fort :heart:

Ahhh - we suspected that something was up - unfortunately, it really hasn't been Bob's year, what with one thing and another. Please pass on our best wishes when you see her Gary, and if there is anything I can do to help (bearing in mind I seem to be unable to make most of the scheduled meets for the next month or so) just call.

Miles (& Sue)

scrapps
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi gary send our regards to lady bob, i think the next kent run is to broadstairs for kastle comp, ice creams ect. if its any help (and if people are still coming on run) i would be happy to lead peeps around this corner of kent or supply you with any info you may need to sort this run ect.:thumbsup:

benson
10-08-2007, 01:39 PM
When is that likely to be Scrapps? I'f I'm free I'll be joining you all for ice cream :biggrin:

scrapps
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Its listed on kent section as sat 18th aug. will be good to have you along..

benson
10-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Good stuff - I'm definitely going to the EGM which I think is in Slough in the evening so hopefully that should leave me time for ice cream and the odd sandcastle!!!

Gadget
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Good stuff - I'm definitely going to the EGM which I think is in Slough in the evening so hopefully that should leave me time for ice cream and the odd sandcastle!!!

Scapps is the Kent Sandcastle Champion.
Last year there where 3 entrants. 1 was disqualified and I came 2nd.:p

Should be fun if the weather holds.

Chaos
10-08-2007, 05:07 PM
ooooo back injuries are no fun....was off for 4 months last year after trying to move a heavy patient....get well soon helen....x x x

GULLY
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi Gary
Good man for doing that matey
that sould help Bob out and take presh off her
i am sure you will do a great job.

To Bob
Hope you get well soon and get back salted out
your be on your bike soon
keep well.

gully

alan c
11-08-2007, 10:07 AM
well done gary, hope you feel better soon helen, look forward to some rideouts now weather better.

gary tompkins
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll pass on your good wishes and hopefully LB will catch this thread when she next logs on :)

Scrapps - I would appreciate it if you can make arrangements needed for Broadstairs trip on the 18th. I am spoken for that weekend & cannot make the clubs EGM for the same reason. Suggest you start a dedicated thread for Broadstairs if required ASAP, and pass on details of meet times, rendevous points, proposed routes etc..

Hope the weather holds - we certainly deserve a break after months of rain.

I'll check out existing Kent events calender, and if anyone has suggestions for meet or runs (other than the regular Oakdene 1st of the month bash) please post up a thread in the Kent section.

I don't manage to get on here every day, so if any member needs to call or text me in a hurry my mobile is 07941 174258.

Thanks guys & gals :mand:

Albie
12-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Glad to see Gary saving the day. Get well soon H and rest.

Scrapps I can meet others and bring them down to you.

gary tompkins
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Albie has started a Broadstairs thread here...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=24089

please let him & scrapps know your plans for the day

Thanks