PDA

View Full Version : UKMOC EGM 18th August

benson
09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=23876

Follow the thread for more information on our club EGM which is 18th August I believe somewhere near Slough - Grunter - can you let us know where exactly?

Cheers!

Who's planning on going to this then? If it's only me then there's a lot of beer for me to drink!

Benson

benson
16-08-2007, 12:04 PM
IS NO ONE ELSE INTERESTED???:grump:

I'm sorry to shout but it seems no one else is bothered about attending on the 18th? :fou:

After a lot of initial hot air and interest where has everyone gone??? :eyepopping:

Tigerlil is on holiday, Ped's moving house and I've spoken to him, and Slob's shared his feeling too and I know a few others are tied up but come on you lot - this is our club, el presidente has stood down (surely this could not be to do with other people's apathy???) and we need to go forwards!!!:ukm:

If not then I'll vote for me as president and eat all that tiramisu that only the Italians can make so well!!!!

Julie
16-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi Rach

I'm working on sunday Photographing Billy the Whizz at Donnington.

JMo has just (yesterday) moved house and won't be on line for a while. She won't be attending on Sunday.

Sorry
Julie

PS. This is the problem with the club. All hot air and thats it...

singletrack
16-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I haven't got a Monster any more so I guess I am not entitled to attend :confused:

I hope it all goes well.

Anne x

Mand
16-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Sorry Rach but I can't attend either....:worried:

benson
16-08-2007, 01:29 PM
OK so it's Billy no mates for me then!!!

fatbloke
16-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Go on Rach let me do it

benson
16-08-2007, 02:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Please no - not yet - but if you do...then it has to be downthepan@......

fatbloke
16-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I wont until you tell me to

Gilps
16-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I can't make it either. For some reason I had got it into my head that it was only for the RO's and Terry to attend which is why I didn't put it in my calendar. Therefore I won't be in attendance. However, I made a suggestion as to structure and terms of office for the President in the other thread.
I'm not sure as to how you wish to draw up a shortlist of candidates for President, whether it be people putting themselves forward, or whether they require a nomination and a seconder. I suspect the EGM will discuss the selection process.
Sorry I can't be there but I will go with whatever decisions get made by those committed enough to attend.

benson
16-08-2007, 02:14 PM
At this rate Gilps who knows...

ANYWAY - FB, keep that finger poised! I'll be waiting to hear from reps and mods and I'll keep you posted about possible atendees! I'll txt Tigerlil too as I know she was prepared to come down from Manchester the same day as finishing her holiday but if it's just us two well she might as well stay where she is and I'll phone for a curry!!!:freak:

fatbloke
16-08-2007, 02:22 PM
If not then I'll vote for me as president and eat all that tiramisu that only the Italians can make so well!!!!

Gets my vote
although some Moderators are on holiday and other commitments for
no one at all to make the effort to attend is pathetic maybe we should
turn the forum off and forget it. (I still can you know)

benson
16-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I know mate - and judging by the red colour of your "on/off" switch I guess that says it all really!!! Meanwhile let's see if anyone responds by close of play tonight....

I'm going to be at home tomorrow as I'm definitely on leave, so I'll be in touch...

barbican
16-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Happy to attend, hadn't intended to since I am relatively new to the forum, and my views didn't appear to resonate - however

I would hate to see the forum go tits up through apathy

JerryXt
16-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Happy to attend, hadn't intended to since I am relatively new to the forum, and my views didn't appear to resonate - however

I would hate to see the forum go tits up through apathy

Likewise...

giler
16-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Gets my vote
although some Moderators are on holiday and other commitments for
no one at all to make the effort to attend is pathetic maybe we should
turn the forum off and forget it. (I still can you know)

I must admit I (maybe wrongly) assumed it was for moderators and area reps.

benson
16-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Well that might be four of us then! This is the link for Grant's place and as he has offered the venue we need to make sure that we know who's coming so we don't ask him to be there unnecessarily.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=51.53991,-0.61631|16|4&loc=GB:51.53991:-0.61631:16|sl2%203bp|SL2%203BP

in the park just above circle beaconsfield sycob football club.

Can we say we'll be there for 7.30 then?

Benson
JerryXT
Giler
barbican

benson
16-08-2007, 05:05 PM
http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=51.53991,-0.61631|16|4&loc=GB:51.53991:-0.61631:16|sl2%203bp|SL2%203BP

Sorry - I have no idea why this posted up twice!!!

CK & AK
16-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Rachel - you already have had apologies from us a long while ago by PM - and also some suggestions too.
Very regretfully we still cant come (had it been daytime that would have been another story) as we have an evening 50th birthday party invite on the calendar since late March for a jolly good chum.

Good luck, hope all goes well, and if it doesnt, well just leave Grunter - the vice-pres - in charge for the next few months :D

C

benson
16-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Cheers both for the reply - indeed you had been in touch and I'm pleased for all the responses we've had...

zxebeast
16-08-2007, 06:15 PM
sorry i cant make it. i will be all muddled up throughout the wekend tryin to do the valves on my duke... happy to attend next time

fatbloke
16-08-2007, 06:54 PM
It seems to me that for one reason or other the 18th is a bad date.
Could I suggest that this meeting is postponed to a more convenient date
and in the mean time (if Rachel is agreeable) that she be made temporary
president until a permanent one is found.
She could then be a contact point/person for the club to handle enquiries from
members, Ducati and anyone else.

But don't forget I don't work here anymore and its only an idea.

slob
16-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Bad date for me, I've just emailed benson with my apologies(prior work commitment) and an offer of any support I can give.

singletrack
16-08-2007, 07:08 PM

I don't have a say really - but it sounds like a good idea to me.

crust
16-08-2007, 08:23 PM

following my panel beating class I'm not particularily mobile at the moment so I wont be able to make it.

I think your idea of Rachel being temporary president is an excellent idea.

It will give a bit more time to establish a clear path for the club to follow.

Constitution, election procedure, roles ec

It will also give people a little more time to find a date thats more convenient.

:) Crust

scrumpster
16-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry mate but I said I couldn't make it, garden is in next phase as as it's the only weekend I've been around for a bit, I need to be here, but you know my views and yes Rachel would make a good president temporary or otherwise and she has people that will help out. I for one am quite happy to sit at my pc in the evenings and work :) I'll bring a Tiramisu next time I see you :biggrin:

David Matthews
16-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I would second the idea of Rachael as interim President and could an EGM be held at the weekender in September. Alternatively a Christmas Lunch with EGM fairly early in the festive season so it doesn't clash with other commitments that people may have. If it was a daytime event more people would go on their bikes if the weather is reasonable.

slob
16-08-2007, 08:53 PM
6 yays and 0 nays so far! what does Ms benson say?

JerryXt
16-08-2007, 09:19 PM
6 yays and 0 nays so far! what does Ms benson say?

one from me too - I think she's hiding :biggrin:

CK & AK
16-08-2007, 09:26 PM
FB - good idea

Rachel, hows about you go back to the idea of a Saturday or Sunday late morning/lunchtime meeting in November.
Post the date in the next few days & say thats when its being held, location will follow & be posted with at least 6 weeks notice (that will give you to the end of Sept or thereabouts :)
HTIOH

C

ps: rah for the bush burd ;)

benson
16-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Here I am - back at home this evening, off work tomorrow (DELIGHT!!!!) and happy to hold the fort - therefore no need for the 18th indeed.

We'd already mentioned the middle of November to coincide with the NEC show - but we could equally as well wait until the new year. Ideas or else I'll maek a suggestion!!!

Rachel

Gilps
17-08-2007, 06:02 AM
May I suggest a poll with 1 Saturday in the middle of each of the coming months as the options.