PDA

View Full Version : 14t sprocket

Rob S4
08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm having some new tyres fitted (Bt-021's) at the weekend and think it's the ideal time to get a smaller front sprocket fitted.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there anything else i'll need other than the new sprocket?

Will the std chain be ok?

It's not quite at the fulll adjustment yet!

My bike's a 2001 S4.

Also, where's the best place to get a sprocket before the weekend. i live in Norwich.

What is the typical cost?

JerryXt
08-08-2007, 11:45 AM
There's a locking tab too. People re-use them, but I don't like to take a chance with spikey things that spin fast near my bits if you know what I mean.

I paid about £25 for mine.

Replace the chain if it need it, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Rob S4
08-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Cheer for getting back to me.

Where did you get yours from? Is it any special brand?

Can i simply unbolt the old one and slip the new one on whilst they're changing my tyres?

JerryXt
08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Cheer for getting back to me.

Where did you get yours from? Is it any special brand?

Can i simply unbolt the old one and slip the new one on whilst they're changing my tyres?

Er, dunno what brand - ProTwins did it for me :o

They let me in the workshop for some reason and it did look very simple. There's been a recent post on sprockets, so do a search. You do need a big long torque wrench to get the correct tightening on the bolt. Again I don't know what that is, but I remember seeing a post here or on the ducatisportingclub forum listing what looked like every nut on the bike. It might have been slob trying hard not to be bored while his ribs heal :)

The sprocket cover just comes off with a few allen key bolts.

JerryXt
08-08-2007, 11:56 AM
BTW, well worth it - the bike is much more rideable. Front end rises nicely after 7 in first.

Rob S4
08-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks again for the help, I can't wait to get it fitted.

The problem is i'll be on a new set of rubber, so best be sensible!

I'll give protwins or Sparesshack a call and get one on order.

JerryXt
08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks again for the help, I can't wait to get it fitted.

The problem is i'll be on a new set of rubber, so best be sensible!

I'll give protwins or Sparesshack a call and get one on order.

Cool. If you got to ProTwins, tell them Jerry with the white RS sent you! Don't forget the locking tab or we might have to call you Mavis :spin:

Oh, and if you find out what the torque setting is, post it here :)

Rob S4
08-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Ordered from pro twins - those guy's are excellent!

It'll be in the post tomorrow, ready for the weekend.

It'll be with me for less than £25 including postage. (sprocket + locking tab)

Apparently the torque setting on the bolts is really low - under 10Nm! The loctite holds them in place.

The worrying thing he suggested is that the rear wheel will move back upto 5mm. I best check how much adjustment i've got left.

Thanks again for your help and the recomendation.