PDA

View Full Version : DSC Cadwell Park - 2 Day Event 20/21 Aug - Ducatis wanted !!!

iconic944ss
08-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Hello,

Frank calling in again; Terry has been kind enough to allow me to send an open invite to all users here who would like to attend the Ducati Sporting Clubs annual two day track fest at Cadwell Park.

Monday & Tuesday (20/21 August) - Monday is to be DUCATI's ONLY on track.

Tuesday is open to ANY make of Motorcycle, so other marques can come to play and owners with more than one machine can double their fun!

Ducati UK are to bring demo bikes that can be ridden on track, just as the recent UKMOC Mallory TD, the line up is expected to be:

1098, Hypermotard, S4R, GT1000, M695, Multistrada 1100 (but could be subject to availability)

Monday night - food will be available in the form of a 'hog-roast' that was superb last year; this year we have a huge Marquee as well to enjoy the food under - in case of inclement weather.

Free 1 to 1 instruction is available through out the event and if time and demand allows, free 'trackday taster sessions' will be run once during each day to allow total novices to try riding a track with very low numbers of riders present.

Costs:

DSC Members: £95 for a single day - £180 for both days.

DSC full one year membership can be had for £20

or

A two day membership is being offered to cover the full event for £5

(This requirement is mainly to cover insurance)

Hog-roast: £10

I'm there both days and look forward to being able to welcome any Ducati riders.

Trackday form is available from here:

DSC Cadwell Trackday application form (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/flsntl/Track%20Attack%202007%20Cadwell%20v1.02.doc)

Cheers - Frank

Questions to:

webteam@ducatisportingclub.com

or visit

www.ducatisportingclub.com

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/flsntl/trackattack72dpi.jpg

Gilps
08-08-2007, 10:06 AM
For those of you who did the UKMOC track day and loved it, then this one is another must do event. I did my first ever track day last year with the UKMOC at Mallory and had such a good time, but still didn't fancy hooning around with loonies on Jap bikes. Thankfully whilst at Donny watching Zimbo crash in DD, CK and AK convinced me to do the DSC day at Cadwell. I'm so glad they did.
Cadwell is an awesome track. A little more challenging than Mallory but still great fun. The DSC lot are a friendly bunch. I was made to feel most welcome, particulalrly by CK&AK who took me under their wing and kept me entertained. You will be on track with fast bikes but they are riding at the same level as you as you are still grouped by level of ability. In fact I was passing sports bikes on my Monster.
The atmosphere is excellent. Arrive on the Sunday afternoon to camp overnight. It's what most people will be doing. There's stuff going on all evening, have a chat and a drink, admire the gorgeous Ducatis, and make new friends.
Monday is Ducatis only, on Tuesday ride what you like. The hog roast on the Monday evening is great value.
There should be a few familiar faces from the UKMOC too. I'm going, I think Zimbo is, I'm sure CK&AK will be there too. I know Slob was but I'm not sure now.
This really is a top day out and well worth the effort, so if you are looking for the next fun track day then this is it. Get it booked whilst there's still a few places left.

slob
08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Sadly I've had to cancel this for obvious reasons, back for 2008 though.
This is the second best trackday of the year after ours.
Cadwell has huge elevation changes and is a lot of fun.
Last year three cones were laid out at every corner, for entry/apex/exit
this allows you to 'join the dots', you'll learn a lot about lines.
The second day is another bonus for learning, as you can apply all those things that have sunk in overnight.
Plus two of the instructors last year were CSS instructors.. Bonus!

slob
08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
...if time and demand allows, free 'trackday taster sessions' will be run once during each day to allow total novices to try riding a track with very low numbers of riders present.

There was a young lad there last year who went out with Monty 1 to 1, for his first time on track, in the Monday lunchtime taster session on his very bling VFR400 Sete/Moviestar rep. He was out all day in the novices Tuesday scraping his knee all over, I couldn't keep up with him. Talk about a natural.

JerryXt
08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Sadly I'm too noisy for cadwell :grump:

CK & AK
08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Cheers for the nice comments Gilps :) - had we known what a monster (pun) that would be unleashed with you in the paddock and on track, we would have never kept up the good humour;) :gay: (cheers tho mate :D )

We wont be at Cadders this time - so hope you all have a great time :cool:

Jerry, its not as 'quiet' as you think - what does yours make at 5.200 rpm??

slob
08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Jerry, its not as 'quiet' as you think - what does yours make at 5.200 rpm??

doesn't make any difference, J never travels beyond the home counties if he can help it.

JerryXt
08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
doesn't make any difference, J never travels beyond the home counties if he can help it.

Steady - I did Mallory! I even went for a contract up in Leeds, but no local sushi - except kippers & chips - so I bailed :)

I have no idea what db the bike makes - it's just REALLY LOUD!!!

CK & AK
08-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Well you nit jerry, dont make statement like that unless you KNOW what DBa it is - fool :p
Mine is 103 on the road at 5000 rpm, but can be brought down to 96 for track if necessary (tho am not doing any TD's on her at the mo.
The race bikes are 101 & 103 respectively, and can also be brought inside 95 :)
get it checked - all ducati's without the std stealth pipes on are noisy :D

JerryXt
08-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Maybe I'll pop down to the pipe bloke and get it tested. I wanted some baffles made up anyway - the local rozzers seem to be taking an interest...

Nim
08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
if i had known about this yesterday, i would have waited before booking my brands day on tues 21st august!!!! which, by the way, is costing me the same for one day, as it would to do two days here.....AND i wanna take other ducatis around the track. im going to sulk now.....

slob
08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm sure I mentioned it at the Royal Arms, although I was full of pills and you were a little over-excited. You're still outside 10 days, so you could probably get all but 15% back and do 2 days at Cadwell instead.

Zimbo
08-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I'll be there at Cadwell on the Monday. Did the two days last year, highly recommended.

Spike
08-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Would love to do this but allready got tickets for the Levelers that weekend when's it being held next year:thumbsup:

slob
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
It was 3rd Mon/Tue in August last year too, so if I had to guess....

marchesini
08-08-2007, 04:01 PM
before my license is ripped up. I think this might make sense .....

Anybody I know going?

simon

Gadget
08-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I will see if I can have that day off. (Holiday period = short staffed).
I'll be up for this if I can.

MrsJel
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Don't these things always clash with something else! Will be on my hols and then up at Cadwell the following w/e for BSB. Did a trackday at Cadwell last year the day after the BSB, was good fun - if anyone gets the chance to do this - go for it.

Carole

Nim
08-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm sure I mentioned it at the Royal Arms, although I was full of pills and you were a little over-excited. You're still outside 10 days, so you could probably get all but 15% back and do 2 days at Cadwell instead.

hmmm...its sounding familiar....i see your point....crap...im off to bulldog tomoro morn...um....whats the accomodation situation? i may be able to cancle and rebook this tomoro morning....

Jim66a
08-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I did an track eve at cadwell the other month with the ducati test fleet. I've an Arrow full system on my S2r1000 just scraped through with 105Db @ 5000 rpm on their nanfango Db'o'meter. I'd taken the baffles just in case tho ;)
Its a great track. Was spoiled tho as took the S4Rs out even tho it was a tad damp

Zimbo
09-08-2007, 03:12 AM
hmmm...its sounding familiar....i see your point....crap...im off to bulldog tomoro morn...um....whats the accomodation situation? i may be able to cancle and rebook this tomoro morning....

Accomodation = camping at circuit, hog roast / beer and disco :)

iconic944ss
09-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Ducati UK have confirmed they are to try and bring the same bike line-up as mentioned in my first post, no changes so far.

Have some homework to study: BUT NOT THE LAST 10 SECONDS !!!!

Cheers - Frank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmb-xQYeuE8

Gadget
09-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I'll be up for this if I can.

I will be there. I am working on the Sunday, so, straight there after that. :thumbsup:

iconic944ss
16-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Half days are now available @ £50 (still Dukes only on Monday)

AND

Pay-on-the-day is also being accepted for those who are leaving things a bit late !!!

Cheers - Frank

marchesini
16-08-2007, 09:45 PM
what groups have spaces on the Monday?

cheers

simon

Nim
16-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Accomodation = camping at circuit, hog roast / beer and disco :)

can i moan about rain :)....anyways, im booked into do brands hatch on 21st....wish i was with the monsterers tho!!! good luck everyone, do a few crazy laps for me

iconic944ss
16-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Simon,

I'm pretty sure spaces will be available in all groups for Monday.

I've emailed the organiser to confirm and will get back to you asap.

Cheers - Frank

Zimbo
17-08-2007, 04:11 AM
I'm booked into Fast and Gilps in Inters Simon, hope to see you there!

Gilps
17-08-2007, 04:59 AM
I'll be comin' over the mountain when I come. Hope to see some of you there. I'm going up Sunday evening, Inters Monday, hog roast and beer in the evening, and back home Tuesday morning.

iconic944ss
17-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Morning,

Simon - Spaces available in all groups Monday and Tuesday.

Half day obviously as well and pay-on-the-day is fine.

Link to the Indemnity form to be completed is here:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/showthread.php?t=51465

Cheers - Frank

Gadget
17-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll be comin' over the mountain when I come. Hope to see some of you there. I'm going up Sunday evening, Inters Monday, hog roast and beer in the evening, and back home Tuesday morning.

Me also. I am at work Sunday and have got as much done today as possible to be able to shoot off sharpish. I hope to be on my way north by 16:00.
Here's hoping.:flag:

Macca
17-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm in the inters for Monday - Travelling across in the morning (another early start :( ).

Hope to see some of you there - I'll be on my black multi

Cheers

Macca

Capo
18-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Simon, I'll be there for the monday and the hog roast.

iconic944ss
24-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Many Thanks to those who came along and supported the DSC at Cadwell.

Monday was brilliant but the weather gods must of decided we'd had too much fun and thought flooding Cadwell was deserved.

Quite a few nice monsters were noted, even if it did take me most of the day before I caught up with Zimbo for a chat.

I'm 'almost' converted too.....after riding one of Ducati Uk's S4Rs monsters - I was VERY impressed but, too expensive for a poor northern guy ;)

Back to the TD - even Tuesday was a success for me - after being down hearted about the weather, I missed the first two sessions but then surprised myself by getting faster than I thought I'd ever manage in the wet.

Anyway - thanks to everyone that turned up and made the event yet again, a resounding success.

Cheers - Frank

Forgot to mention that professional pics from the event are now available here:

http://www.copeimages.com/DSC_Cadwell2007.htm

F

Zimbo
24-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Was nice to see you Frank. Had a great day on Monday despite crashing the road monster, all back on the road now though! Will be back next year . . .

Gadget
24-08-2007, 01:30 PM
I also had fun. Being in the novices and having instructors out on the track helping with my line and turn in points was very helpful. What a wonderful circuit. I would do it again next year. :biggrin: