PDA

View Full Version : polishing single side swing arm!

damon
07-08-2007, 08:47 PM
anybody know of anywhere in the midlands (near to nottingham as poss) that could do a damn good polishing job on my s2r swingarm?

failing that whats the best stuff to really really get it clean? i generally just clean it with a rag and some wd40 but its never quite as sparkly as id like....

thanks chaps and chappesseseses:thumbsup:

JMo
07-08-2007, 08:58 PM
It's a slippery slope dude... once you start, you can't stop!

I dunno - one little tax disc holder and suddenly it's wey hey hey!

xxx

ps. the standard swingarm has a (thin) anodised coating - this would need to be stripped off before it could be polished... I've seen a picture on the web somewhere of an S2R/S4R that had the swingarm polished - looked the business, but would be a pain to keep clean (chain lube etc.)... Still - who am I to talk eh?! x

damon
07-08-2007, 09:03 PM
honestly if its not carbon its chrome,,,,belly pans,,,,,power commanders,,,,,im well and truly sliding head first down this slope i tell you that much :)

Chris Glynn
08-08-2007, 01:18 PM
dunno anywere that could polish it but to clean it i use paraffin brings it up a treat but make shure you wipe it all off with a rag and some polish afterwards, i use it for most of the grime jobs like chain for example just wipes off with ease.