PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure switches

Blah blah
07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I know that there have been lots of threads about these in the past, so in an attempt to cure the oil light flashing at me I've just bought a new one
The conversation went something along the lines of...
"Hello Ducati shop, I want an oil pressure switch for a '97 750 monster"
"Here you go"
"Thanks very much"
So, when I come to fit it, it's different to the one I've just taken off. Quick check in the Haynes Book of Jibes, page 1.17, and the old one is an old type one, and the new one is a new type one (if you know what I mean).
Closer inspection shows that the bit that screws into the engine are slightly different lengths (should have checked this before I'd cut the old spade connector off, and fitted the new clip thingy, ho hum,) but I hope that it'll be ok (fingers crossed).
I also noticed that on the old switch it says "P=0.75-1.05 bar", and the new one says "P=0.15-0.4 bar", a quick check of the Haynes-leave the important bit out-Manual states that the oil pressure should be 1.47 bar hot and 2.47 cold.

What does it all mean ?????:dizzy:

Shandy
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
It all means don't worry about it. The older style switch was discontinued some years back so when you buy a replacement it comes with a little conversion kit to connect it to the loom. As long as the light comes on with the ignition and then goes out when the bikes running all is well (well it should be :biggrin: ) Go have a beer man and relax.

Cheers,

Shandy