PDA

View Full Version : battery

STORMIE
05-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi all, ive got a monsters 900s 1998, been sitting for a while, wont charge the battery, battery is new, any advice will be welcome.
thanks

Scotty
05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
proberly reg / rec unit £70-£100

have a look at the heatsink type thing see if the wires are corroded at the connectors

or is the underside of it has split and its ouzing

or if the wires have melted or something obvious

Nickj
05-08-2007, 05:12 PM
These people have been recommended a few times before, prices look good and from previous reports they run cooler than standard indicating better components are used. Also are a little smaller physically so the possibility of fitting a small sarnie under the seat as luggage becomes a distinct possibility!!
http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/erol.html#1x0&&

STORMIE
08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
thanks for the advice, i thought it may be that. i will check mine out first then i suppose i will have to buy one.

madhatter
08-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Outcome was.....

Diagnosed knackered battery in the end...... Anyway, had a quick look on the interweb thingy and found MDS Batteries. Varta Battery YT12B-BS (Yuasa equivalent) for £46 delivered. There is a trick to this though.....I didn't get it from their main site, I bought it through their EBay shop because it was £5 cheaper at the buy it now price. Delivery was next working day. Apparently, Varta are made in the same factory as Yuasa (??) using the same spec materials......only retail cheaper.....Mark Nambduke

Stormie,

I need a new battery for my S4, I looked on the website recommended by Mark (MDS Batteries), it looks like a YT12B-4, which is also Varta. Reports back from other members seems to indicate that its a good battery to exchange hard-earned Beer tokens for! See you tonite maybe Mate?

STEVE.

DefTrap
08-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Go here first - http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_fault_finding.html - before you splash out on expensive replacement parts. "When you find that there is a problem, keep in mind that the number 1 problem with any charging system are bad connections." This helps you see the wood from the trees.