PDA

View Full Version : Wee problem

dam
02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
My brake light is staying on all the time, I have looked at the connectors into it and all seem fine (gave them a clean as well). Any suggestions!

Ta much.

Big Daft Lad
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
It'll be the micro switch at the back brake pedal probably. A squirt of WD40 and work it on and off should see you OK. The front one on my 748 somtimes is a wee bit sticky as well so try that.

Julie
02-08-2007, 10:47 AM
or it could be the front brake switch. When you pull in the front lever do you hear a slight clicking sound? if not then i bet it is that. Its the very small noggin thing that is pressed in (that means your light is off) once you pull in the brake lever it realises and the light comes on. Some times these little buttons are always on. You can tell if it works by listening out for the clicking sound

dam
02-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Wow, quick responses, I'm impressed. I'll get the WD40 out for the rear. Julie, I tried the front and I can hear the clicking sound you desribed, so I assume it must be the rear brake.

banditloon
02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
As daft as it sounds... The bulb isn't put in the wrong way round ;)

banditloon
02-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Before anyone asks... I know what I mean. If it's a standard two filament bulb, swap the bulb connectors round in the bulb holder. I manage to fit the bulbs in the wrong way round in all my bikes.

:D

dam
02-08-2007, 12:06 PM
As daft as it sounds... The bulb isn't put in the wrong way round ;)

No, it was working ok until recentl, and I haven't been tinkering with it.

banditloon
02-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Well that's my theory out of the window then :chuckle:

Clean up the rear brake light switch on the footpeg, might need a little adjustment to :D