PDA

View Full Version : Reading Road

gallardo
31-07-2007, 02:56 PM
From Henley to Reading. Great and stunning road...

J.P
31-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Bit short though isn't it ? Would take you all of a few minutes....

gallardo
31-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Reading Rd and Henley Rd. But hey, in Spain we say, short if good, twice as good. Wouldn't apply here of course...

crust
31-07-2007, 09:09 PM
certainly is

there's some other good ones round there

Henley up the Fairmile to Nettlebed turn left up to the M40, under the bridge, turn left, stop at the Englands Rose in Postcombe for a quickie or meal

Postcombe to Thame, a belter

Thame up to Long Crenden, turn right, another belter or straight on for the B4011

:)Crust

Headhunter
31-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Henley up the Fairmile to Nettlebed turn left up to the M40, under the bridge, turn left, stop at the Englands Rose in Postcombe for a quickie or meal

Postcombe to Thame, a belter

Thame up to Long Crenden, turn right, another belter or straight on for the B4011 :)Crust

Going home at the weekend, so instead of carrying on to fox's etc - think i'll have to try this route and head towards Bicester and down from there.

Cheers Crust!

benson
31-07-2007, 09:24 PM
On the way to the track day last week to escape the sheer misery of he M1 I went through the back end of Dunstable and around - lots of lovely roads that climb then dip and generally make you want to shout outloud a lot - great fun and next time I have a free few hours I'll be heading back to find out what the road is actually called!!!

Chris & Nean
31-07-2007, 10:49 PM
My dad was in his prime and a young man way back in the 1950’s when I was just a child, I know he rode the ‘Henley to Reading’ road many times as he trekked back and forth between his home town of Crowborough in Sussex and the place he finally settled in up here in the midlands after WW2. As dad trundled back and forth between his extended family in Sussex and his new life up here in the midlands he would have rode all kinds of machines (I think) and all of them were probably vertical twins and made here in the UK. Latter in his life he covered the same rout with me as pillion on his bikes, and as a young boy riding pillion on my dad’s Honda C90 this was my initiation to motorcycling, dad gave me this bike on my 17 B Day, later I had the joy of driving along the “Henley to Reading road” many times myself in all kinds of different machinery from a Reliant Regal van (dell boy) to Ford Pop side valve that threw a rod yet went 10 miles with three rods and pistons connected and shook the car too bits before it finally expired, I remember many more delightful roads to be followed before I finally reached dads roots deep in Ashdown forest! roads like the one from Wokingham to Camberley and the one from Guilford to Reigate.