PDA

View Full Version : accident

zerocool
30-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Fu*K. Some c*unt just drove into me and my beloved monster.
Now been new to this kind of things (and been home safely after changing details with witnesses etc) what do i have to do ?
Which one is the best way to deal with it?
Bike damage is left side ( no dents etc ) and i dont think that is a write off.....but im not an expert.
Any tips appreciate.
:Furious: :Furious: :Furious: :Furious: :Furious: :Furious:

dunlop0_1
31-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Sorry mate, it's a real p**ser. Happened to my 748 last july at devils bridge.
The guy was insured and admitted full responsibility thank god. Bike went away for about 7 weeks though, but the repair was spot on and the repairer kept me updated all the time. As for the insurance, well lets just say its a good job they are not doctors cos wid all be f**ked. You will have to keep on at them and they will fob you off with the same info pretty much every time you ring. Fingers crossed it all goes smooth, just try not to stress about it to much.:twak:

Neil.

JerryXt
31-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Most important thing is you're ok. If you have any injuries at all, go to the hospital and get it documented. I had a couple of sessions with my physio and claimed it back when I had a bump.

Get all your damaged kit listed and replacements priced for the claim. If you have to take taxis, keep the receipts.

Contact your insurance company. The accident claim form will have a section where you tell them why you think it's the other guys fault, so have something ready, preferably with somthing legally based or from the highway code. If you were moving at the time, just be clear that you were travelling at a speed appropriate to the conditions and well within the limit. Don't lie tho!

If your bike has to go away, take photos of it inculding anything non-standard. I've heard of companies returning written-off bikes with parts missing.

If the other side dispute anything, threaten them with court. It's your right to demand it if there's disagreement and it costs them 900 to atttend for the first hour...

Get a lawyer if you've got free legal advise. They'll tell you all of this and more.

PM me if there's anything you're not clear about.

JerryXt
31-07-2007, 05:38 AM
...just seen your other post re brakes. Best not to mention it unless it's relevant.

slob
31-07-2007, 05:40 AM
RSS 020 8246 4900

http://www.ridersupport.com/templates/holding.asp?ParamReload=true&PageId=103

Gadget
31-07-2007, 05:47 AM
I was knocked off in March.
I phoned Ducati Insurance who did practically everything for me. Including contacting "Bikers Legal Defence".
http://www.bldgroup.co.uk/contactus.asp
They did most of my running around once I had given them all the information they asked for.
A hire bike was delivered to me within a couple of days of confirmation that I was not to blame.

It was really simple and stress free.

zerocool
31-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Just phone my insurance and they are dealing with it. Im gonna have a replacement bike so far and they said that i done a good work taking pictures phoning police etc etc. We are 3 involved into it because i was stationary behind a car waiting for a truck on the other side to past trough and a minicab driver didn t see us and crash me between his car and the car in front. Plenty of witnesses .
Rosso corse in east london they are gonna estimate the damage and if worth do the repairs.
So far look good.
Later im off to a doctor for neck pain and to check my knees.
Wil post soon

Didge
31-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear that zerocool, and hope it goes smoothly for you. Sounds like it will do, going by your last post.

Just to be pedantic,:) you've used the wrong title on the thread. These sort of incidents are not 'accidents'. As any traffic cop worth his salt will tell you, "There is no such thing as a traffic 'accident'". There is always someone at fault.
Because of this, I hate the term RTA. I think I read somewhere, not too long ago, that they're useing, or going to use a different name to describe road crash incidents.
I might be wrong there though, but I'm not a youngster no more.:(

Gadget
31-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm not a youngster no more.:(

And havn't been for a long time.:p

benson
31-07-2007, 12:28 PM
So sorry to hear another one of us has been hit! Ducati insurance have so far taken good care of me - and keystone legal were on the phone yesterday - definitely worth you going to the docs to register your injuries and remember to make a note of any expenses you have had to incurr as a result of the off...

hope you and the bike get sorted soon,

Rachel

benson
31-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Chingford Police called it a Road Traffic Collision! I thinkg road traffic incident caused by a ****er who couldn't be arsed to look is far better

Didge
31-07-2007, 12:37 PM
And havn't been for a long time.:p

BAST!:grump:

Didge
31-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Chingford Police called it a Road Traffic Collision! I thinkg road traffic incident caused by a ****er who couldn't be arsed to look is far better

I'll go along with that.:)

spanish biker
31-07-2007, 03:54 PM
sORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR DO, glad you are ok , the rest has been said :thumbsup:

scrumpster
31-07-2007, 06:34 PM
These are Hampshire Constabulary guidelines:

Road Traffic Collisions (Accidents)
Definition of a Reportable Collision
If owing to the presence of a vehicle on a road an accident occurs which causes injury or damage to:

a person - other than the driver of that vehicle an animal - other than an animal being carried in that vehicle or trailer ("animal" means horse, ass, mule, cattle, sheep, pig, goat or dog)
a vehicle - other than the vehicle which caused the accident
property constructed on, affixed to, growing in, or otherwise forming part of the land where the road is.
The driver must stop and give their name and address, the name and address of the owner of the vehicle and registration number of the vehicle to a person having reasonable grounds for requiring that information.

If for any reason the driver does not give his name and address, it must be reported at a police station or to a constable, in person, as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within 24 hours.

Initial Report
If the answer is yes to any of the following questions, then the attendance of the police is required:

is anyone injured?
is there any suggestion that any driver has consumed alcohol?
is the road obstructed?
is the caller making allegations against the other driver and if so, are they willing to attend court over the matter?

Were you injured? Whiplash etc etc - not much help after the event but may help others who find themselves in such a situation

zerocool
31-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Ok so after the road collision....tomorrow im booked with my gp for sore knees ,neck, left hand. Left hand is open on the bottom for me being stupid and not wearing gloves.Strangely i ve been dezzy from last night .
Tomorrow before 12 i will receive a honda hornet 600. I can buy an helmet and send the bill to my insurance company that they will deal with.

They told me over the phone that they will send paperwork for me to state what got broken or loss ( jeans ,boots, etc.etc)and an engineer to estimate the bike value before the crash.

Now the funny part....Today i receive a call from some insurance company to ask my registration number.
I said ok for what does it concern?
For the gentlemen that i hit when the opther guy push me from the back.
I said ok .........To cut it short The f*****g b*****d claim that a truck was loosing his load on the street and i pass fast close to him and cause the accident.

When i explain the story and that i have photo and witnesses the lady at the phone didnt even take my details anymore.

Anyway the insurance that i use is ebikensurance
and so far tomorrow ill get a new arai chaser for free.

I will post news.
:roger: :roger: :roger: :roger: :roger:

benson
31-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Pleased to hear that things are getting moving so fast for you - hope it continues to be a smooth process and you get something for your trouble!!!