PDA

View Full Version : Holidays in France and Accommodation- Clermont Ferrand area

sadbiker
30-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Just had a mail from a old friend who has left UK and set up a Hotel in France.

This is not just a plug as he is a good guy and always very helpful.

He is catering for walking and fishing holiday as well. But has room accommodation. If thinking about going to this region and after somewhere as a base then well recommended.

30 Minutes Clermont Ferrand so ideal for touring this area and as stopover for going down to South.

Le Cerisier, Chambre D'Hote

20 Rue Du Marechal Ferrant
Rilhac
43360 Vergongheon, Auvergne
Tel: 00 33 (0)4 71 76 91 66
Mob: 07736398797

Websites,

www.lecerisier.co.uk
www.walkauvergne.co.uk

I asked how he felt about ruff biker types riding Dukes... So if anyone is after good accommodation for this area with a very good host etc then I would recommend him.

Quote from a e-mail,

"We have a nice secure garage/workshop that would fit maybe 4 – 6 bikes? And plenty of hardstanding. The Milau Bridge is about an hour maybe hour and a half from us, and it is a good run even on the motorway, we are only Min's off the motorway so ideal for anyone heading south"

He also mentioned if you mention me he may be able to offer a better deal. Depends whether I've upset him or not!!!!!

Hope this helps out for those French trips people have planned. I suspect I will be using him myself if possible this year but definitely next year as that area is very beautiful.

benson
30-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Sounds lovely - and very much the sort of thing I plan for next year too - always good to know of these places...

sadbiker
31-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Benson,

It is a beautiful part of France, having seen other parts I can't wait to go there myself. I mentioned to Cor my other half about the info and she came out with loads of things about the area. Seems she always wanted to stop and see the scenery when ever we have passed nearby on route to other places.

The guy in question Jim Barron I've known for a long time, we were based on the same camp, he then ended up running the youth hostel in WSM and then decided to go to France. Really nice chap and should make anyone feel welcome. Last time I saw him. he said about setting up a place but never sent any details until now. Shame as if I had known earlier would have planned something this year. After my visit to WDW lacking slightly on holiday time.

benson
31-07-2007, 06:25 AM
Cheers - and here's to more holiday time next year! You never know - if the Hyper gets sorted out soon I might just pencil it in!!!

sadbiker
31-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident. It never happens at the best off times and is even harder to take when you have a failry new bike that you just want to ride.

Hope it's not to bad as there is a tendacy to write of fairly new bikes in the insurance world. My S2R last year was quoted at 6k to repair for a 4month old bike, so was written off as insurers can then sell the bike to get some money back. They reckon salvage value was over 2K.

benson
31-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Yeah I think you might be right - the police seemed to think the impact with the car was totally within the crumple zone and the bike frame was untouched - the company will certainly make a very tidy profit is it 's written off...

desmo
31-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Pel.
Roz & I could well be interested in a trip to France next year.
All being well we should have 2 new bikes in March & we love riding in France.

Desmo.

sadbiker
31-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Take it that means Roz is getting a bigger Monster and you are getting a proper Italian Bike....?

Suspect we would be up for that trip. I would have thought the girls would be the right pace, hopefully I might be able to keep up, since my accident(s) er humm, even Cor thinks I'm slow.

desmo
01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Proper Italian bike?
Me S2R 1000 :D
Roz 695 :D
Unless they bring out a new Monster, even if that happens, I might still get the S2R & 695 maybe at a discount?

Trouble is I have a nasty habit of running out of fuel in France.

Desmo.

sadbiker
01-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Desmo, sorry was thinking off someone else from Bristol with an aprilla, Cor just put me right...

Me I run out of petrol at home. Learnt my lesson once and don't like pushing anymore. I go for 100 miles and next garage unless in middle of nowhere and don't then take a chance. Tend to find the 1000 will go to 130 at a push and steady hand after 100. And thankfully hitting a garage at 130 (sigh of relief that time).