PDA

View Full Version : wsb brands hatch

alan c
29-07-2007, 02:10 PM
looking forward to next weekend, who is going ?
nice to see a brit leading , but who to chear for jt or tb and ducati ?
i hope jt moves to moto gp for next season.

see you at brands, with good weather i hope.
taking my daughter sarah, her first time on the monster ?
alan c.:)

GULLY
29-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Hi Alan
Me and GaryT are and maybe Albie:drunk:

gully

benson
29-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Me and Scrumpster too!!!:bunny:

alan c
29-07-2007, 05:34 PM
benson, good to know that you will be ok for brands, after seeing pictures of bike, are you in ducati section ? i will be watching from clearways i think, with gully and albie hopefully.

Gilps
29-07-2007, 06:09 PM
I'll be going down. May well catch up with some of you.

Gadget
29-07-2007, 07:09 PM
I am also going to be there.:thumbsup:

Should be a bit of fun.

scrapps
29-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Had no confirm from ducati uk yet but hope to see you there

benson
29-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks Alan - I'm not too bad after the rear ending (and not in a good way!!!) just rather sore and stiff - I'll be ready for the Ducati choreography whatever!!!

S4 MAD
30-07-2007, 11:54 AM
me and buttercup are their for the weekend cant wait:drunk:

Gilps
30-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm gutted. There was a possibility of me riding into Brands on the official Xerox 1098 Bayliss rep, dressed up as Troy so as to look as if Troy was arriving at the circuit on a Ducati. The bloody bike is stuck on a display stand at Stanstead airport as part of some Xerox promotion so I am going to have to go on my own bike.

giler
30-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm gutted. There was a possibility of me riding into Brands on the official Xerox 1098 Bayliss rep, dressed up as Troy so as to look as if Troy was arriving at the circuit on a Ducati. The bloody bike is stuck on a display stand at Stanstead airport as part of some Xerox promotion so I am going to have to go on my own bike.

Trying to impersonate a motorcycle racer?
I'll be there for the weekend, catch you for a beer.
By the way, I think I left my fast bikes neck thingy in your van saturday.

Gilps
30-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Trying to impersonate a motorcycle racer?
I'll be there for the weekend, catch you for a beer.
By the way, I think I left my fast bikes neck thingy in your van saturday.

You did. Scrumps nicked it. That'll smell nice now. A mix of Brutt 33 and Channel No. 5. She's coming to Brands so I reckon she'll bring it then.

slob
30-07-2007, 02:03 PM

Yep, all it'd take is a black visor and I could easily mistake your 'racing snake' physique for Troy's

Chaos
30-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I shall be at brands for the w/end.... with some of my friends who are coming down to stay from up north....... may even bring me new fella for one of the days :mand: if he's nice to me that is :chuckle: hope to see you all there x
sadly they are non ducati riders... but hey i won't hold that against them!!!! i guess pocket rockets hold an appeal

giler
30-07-2007, 02:18 PM
You did. Scrumps nicked it. That'll smell nice now. A mix of Brutt 33 and Channel No. 5. She's coming to Brands so I reckon she'll bring it then.

That will mix nicely with my Tabacand Hi Karate!

scrapps
31-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Not had email or any sign of tickets yet :o am i the only one or are they cutting it fine on the old ticket front ?? Sent my payment a bit late but before the cut off date...:scratch:

giler
31-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Not had email or any sign of tickets yet :o am i the only one or are they cutting it fine on the old ticket front ?? Sent my payment a bit late but before the cut off date...:scratch:

I ordered mine about a month ago, only got them today.

Gadget
31-07-2007, 03:13 PM
My tickets also arrived this morning via registered post. :flag:

alan c
31-07-2007, 04:53 PM
good to see all your tickets turning up, gully and i are slumming it on the grass,what stand are you in, we could all meet up for a beer ?:drunk:

Gadget
31-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Hailwoods Grandstand.
I'll PM you my mobile.

scrumpster
31-07-2007, 05:57 PM

Giler I did not 'nick' it, I borrowed it and I let you know on a thread yesterday :thumbsup: as for Channel no.5 is that on cable or sky or the stretch of water off Kent? Gilps you know nothing about ladies and their perfume do you. It will be washed and brought with me Sunday :D

benson
31-07-2007, 06:22 PM
What is it you're washing ofor SUnday Scrumps???;)

Anyway - Scrumps is staying at mine then unday morning we'll go and get Mr Slob (I will be riding very smoothly indeed) and then we'll be at the track - plotting nifty dance moves and interesting things to do with red and w:D :D hite cards!!!

scrumpster
31-07-2007, 06:23 PM
What is it you're washing ofor SUnday Scrumps???;)

Anyway - Scrumps is staying at mine then unday morning we'll go and get Mr Slob (I will be riding very smoothly indeed) and then we'll be at the track - plotting nifty dance moves and interesting things to do with red and w:D :D hite cards!!!

Mate, you hurt your fingers too? :chuckle:

benson
31-07-2007, 06:34 PM
No, they're just a bit crap at typing!!!!!:drunk:

scrumpster
31-07-2007, 06:37 PM
No, they're just a bit crap at typing!!!!!:drunk:

Ahhhhhhhh do I detect alcohol? And Scrapps I have PM'd you the email addy and phone number of lady distributing tickets

benson
31-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Not a drop yet mate - just cooked my tea and am about to sit and eat it and then open a beer!!!

scrumpster
31-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Not a drop yet mate - just cooked my tea and am about to sit and eat it and then open a beer!!!

Beat you then, I'm on my second. They don't call me Lush for nothing. :rolleyes:

Gadget
01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
I just checked the weather forecast for Sunday.:cool:

HOT.....

28 Degrees C and sunshine most of the day.

Sunhats and SPF30.:mand:

benson
01-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Great!!! Really looking forward to it!!!

giler
01-08-2007, 09:48 AM
good to see all your tickets turning up, gully and i are slumming it on the grass,what stand are you in, we could all meet up for a beer ?:drunk:

I am on the grass too, and anything else I can get my hands on:booze:

SAMMYE
01-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I will be working as a porter in one of those buggy cars... so if you see someone tearing through the crowds it will most likely be me

scrumpster
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Will you give us a lift then?? :mand: Giler, neck warmer is in the wash, hope you aren't allergic to persil and passion flower and ylang ylang comfort. I picked up mine and Benson's tickets today, shame they never slipped a paddock pass in :rolleyes:

giler
02-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Will you give us a lift then?? :mand: Giler, neck warmer is in the wash, hope you aren't allergic to persil and passion flower and ylang ylang comfort. I picked up mine and Benson's tickets today, shame they never slipped a paddock pass in :rolleyes:

I thought ylang ylang was a panda?

benson
02-08-2007, 06:47 AM
And her brother persil - yes I think you're right - Chessington Zoo I believe - 1973....:idea:

slob
02-08-2007, 07:15 AM
kept your bike then Sammye?

Nim
02-08-2007, 08:42 AM
hmmmm....i wanna go....what's the story with getting there at such short notice???

Gilps
02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I just got my itenerary through from Xerox, and if it's raining then we get to watch the race on a big screen in their marquee, but if it's dry then we get entry to the Hailwood grandstand. I think that's where the Ducati organised ticketholders are going to be so let's hope for a dry race and I should meet up with some of you there.

Gadget
02-08-2007, 09:09 AM
You are correct.
My ticket has Hailwood Grandstand K55. I assume row K seat 55.
I also hope they organised it so that when all the applications from the clubs where in, they grouped the clubs together.

scrapps
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
phew got my tickets at last, so whats the drill ? i have never been before (prob as i am not keen on big crowds):worried: is the ducati parking within grounds (not in field 2miles away) do we take bikes in main gate ? what time are people arriving at track (i will prob try to get there v early to avoid rush if poss) are the ukmoc going to meet up ? think thats all for now...:dunce:

benson
02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Hello folks - Scrumps and me are staying here Saturday night then going to pick up Slob on Sunday morning at about 7.30 (WHEN'S THAT?????) then heading over to the track - I presume, but I might be totally wrong, that the parking is inside the main gate - god I hope so cos I know Slob's feet are still rather bloomin sore!!!!! (and walking - well it's just rude!!!)

Can't wait - hope the sun shines!!!

:D :D :D

slob
02-08-2007, 11:10 AM
I'll be OK, got in to work today (to pick up my ticket, I got M.60)

benson
02-08-2007, 11:45 AM
What's M.60?

Gadget
02-08-2007, 12:04 PM
You are correct.
My ticket has Hailwood Grandstand K55. I assume row K seat 55.
I also hope they organised it so that when all the applications from the clubs where in, they grouped the clubs together.

I think but until confirmed...

slob
02-08-2007, 01:40 PM
What's M.60?

as Gary says: row M, seat 60

scrumpster
02-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Benson and I will ride to the main gate and blag it if necessary tee hee and we are row O seats 55 and 56 so god help O54 and O57 :chuckle:

Slob we will be in spitting distance ;)

benson
05-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Just for the record we are up and awake!!! Hurrah - and the sun is shining!!!!

Gadget
05-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Just for the record we are up and awake!!! Hurrah - and the sun is shining!!!!

WOW!!!!

I am leaving now. CU all there.:D

:ukm: :flag:

benson
05-08-2007, 06:36 PM
What a top day - really hot and an amazing result for our James even if he wasn't on a Ducati and we were all in the stand!!! Hurrah - finally summer feels like it's arrived - please note the kiss of death!!!!! Hope everyone got home safe and sound

GULLY
05-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for a fantastic day. The weather was great and the company was brilliant. The bike racing was nail biting stuff. Cannot wait for next year - I think I am gonna camp. See you all soon.

Gully

Chaos
05-08-2007, 06:54 PM
brilliant day...sorry i didn't see any of you.... i was slumming it down at clearways and...errmmmm was wearin a non ducati t shirt and cheering for 'the man' and he sooooo deserved it too..... :banana: brilliant day great racing....cant wait for bsb in october....will be cheering ducati on then ;)

Yorkie
05-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Couldnt watch it live, or live on the TV, so i have just seen the re-run. Superb, JT was cooking on gas, almost as good was Neil Hodgson giving a very good commentry.

Glad the weather was good for you all! Hope you all got home safe!

Yorkie.

Gadget
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
The Hailwoods Grandstand left a lot to be desired so spent the day with the guys on the grass. Much more civilised and not as cramped. 126,000 people apparently through the gates today. The racing was very good and so was the company.
Camping would be good next year with all the entertainment thrown in.

gary tompkins
05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow! what a weekend :D

Many thanks to UKMOCers I camped at Clearways with for such a great crack. My factor 30 sun cream certainly saved me from a roasting, but saw plenty of very burnt idiots wandering about today.

JT.... what can I say but :hail: :hail: :hail:

Glad to see Yukio Kagayama wasn't badly hurt after his big off at clearways in race 1. Air fence must have saved his bacon - was nearly flat out on the exit when he binned it :on: Got a few good shots on the digicam - will try to post some up later.

The Monster trike helped pull punters in at the NABD stand. The guys working the stall were blown away by both the response from the public, and some of the donations left in the collection pots. I saw a quite few £5 & £10 notes go in while I was there myself. I know that NABD was really grateful for the pitch provided by Brands for the WSB this year, and hopes to be back there for future events.

As Gully said it'll be fantastic to make a full weekend of WSB again in 2008

Anyway... I'm off to slap some aftersun on and hit the sack

S4 MAD
06-08-2007, 10:59 AM
first time for me to watch wsb at track side and not on the box me and buttercup loved it fantastic hot weekend good view fron graham hill area,
mind you better half had to console me when mr bailess droped it on the first race but well done toesland cracking race. cant wait till next year:spin:

benson
06-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Well I'm really pleased for the NABD GT - after the lack of information between Ducati an Brands I'm pleased that you had a good weekend donation wise!

I had a grand day and who knows - I may even camp next year!

giler
06-08-2007, 11:58 AM
A top weekend indeed.
Got down there friday night, mate took all our gear in his camper and he
even got the tent set up for me and mrs Giler!
We were camped between the parachute regiment and some young lads
who liked their music of the loud and dance variety. I went over to have a
polite word at 1am saturday, carried on drinking with them till 4.30am.
Not a very happy mrs Giler!!
Watched the racing from the south bank under the big screen, and even got to meet up with Lord Gilps of Minety; who kindly popped out of Xerox
hospitality to see how hot it was for the rest of us!!

Gilps
06-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I did have something of a top day yesterday. I went down on Bozzy, my longest trip yet on the beast. 130 miles in 90 minutes. I'm expecting to get some post from plod shortly.
Bumped into Rachel and Sharon in the car park. Parked next to a Monnie which turned out to be Gadgets. I blagged my way into one of the car parks, no parking in a field for me.
Got picked up by the Xerox host bus and whisked into Xerox hospitality. Met with Troy and Lanzi. Had a good old natter with Troy about shortened fingers and the state of his knackers.
Got taken around the garage by Paolo Casoli (ex superbike and WSB rider). Now there's a sad man. His career ended with a crash and you can tell from talking to him that he still just wants to be out there doing it.
Got to meet up with UKMOC and DSC mates in the Hailwood grandstand for the first race.
Full Italian style lunch with the team.
Got my photo taken on Troy's bike.
Loads of Xerox/Ducati goodies.
Got to watch the second race from inside the Ducati garage. They all seemed a bit down for some reason.
I got spoilt rotten, then I got to ride Bozzy all the way home again.
What with the great weather and a day with friends, it just doesn't get much better than this.

benson
06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
No indeed Gilps it doesn't - unless of course the weather's this good for Derbyshire!!!!!:ukm:

alan c
06-08-2007, 03:39 PM
yes it was a great day at brands, spent the day with my daughter, gully, gary t and gadget ( with large bag full of food, frozen drinks, bubble wrap, baby wipes and kitchen sink ).
well done to jt, and was glad to see yukio up after bad crash and then out for race 2 ! , what a man.

look forward to next years wsb or maybe trip to see jt in moto gp ?

scrumpster
07-08-2007, 11:14 AM
i HAD A FANTASTIC TIME, JUST DISAPPOINTING WITH THE LACK OF COMMS BETWEEN dUCATI AND (Ooops capslock and none touch typist here!) Brands about parking, otherwise wow what brill racing :D Thanks to Benson for the use of a bed Saturday night and good company and Gilps, thanks for riding part the way back with me and for not getting me into hospitality ;) I think you owe me :p

Here's to Donington for the DD this weekend :thumbsup:

scrapps
07-08-2007, 11:26 AM
I had a good day nice weather good company ect, blagged good parking and got straight out no que.. brill. :biggrin: glad of the sun cream and the hat ducati uk put in goodie bag.