PDA

View Full Version : Mallory, massive thanks!

slob
29-07-2007, 09:06 AM
First, sorry to everyone in the inters for the lost tracktime in session 2.

...and I'm so Glad to hear Lucy(Grib) is OK too!

Especially Scrapps and Gadget who actually took my bike home to London and locked it in my garage for me and to everyone who helped organise this(The Dukes of Havoc?), including Mand and Julie for their offers of garages in Leicester if we hadn't been able to transport it right away.

As always, the UKMOC day is the friendliest trackday ever, with huge numbers of people asking if I was OK and wishing me well etc.
Oh and Muttley who gave me 8/10 for my triple somersault with half twist.

Sorry if I've missed anyone out, you're all great!

Huge thanks to the A&E staff at The George Elliot Hospital in Nuneaton,
also the paramedics at the circuit who were with me in under a minute and who later ignored Gilps' request to "Just give him a general and shave him."

My bike doesn't look too bad after a quick look over but it'll be a few weeks before I'm fit enough to get to work on it. I have two broken ribs and both my feet are very bruised.

Recommend: Arai lids, Knox back protectors and Hein Gericke leathers.
Not so good: Sidi black Rain boots.

I have to cancel the 3 trackdays I have booked in the next 3 weeks but I should be back in 6, I think another winter trip to Spain may be in order.

Thuli would also like to say a big thank you to you all for your help and support.

Nonnie
29-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I guess you ain't dancing too much in the foreseeable future then eh?

I'm glad I got hitched when I did.

benson
29-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Happy healing Rob and see you soon - perhaps we all ought to be sedated for a while and just wake up when we feel better...I hope the bike is readily mendable and if there's anything in my shed that might be useful (maybe a bottle of JD ???) then it's yours!

Grib
29-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Glad you're up and about Rob. No coughing or laughing!
I should apologise for stopping the last session before luch too. It's very out of character, I'm sorry, it won't happen again (possibly) :)

slob
29-07-2007, 10:42 AM
I guess you ain't dancing too much in the foreseeable future then eh?

I'm glad I got hitched when I did.

I was so drunk at your wedding, pain would have made no difference
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/isishodolo/AnOLunacyWedding/photo?authkey=77BsL2rftjs#5085153573541361906

benson
29-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Ah yes - that's the spirit in the sky!!!:D

Albie
29-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Glad your ok Rob.Hope you get fit soon. No laughing for you for a few days. I hope your bike had all the old stuff on so you can get it back together soon. Take care fella.

logyk
29-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Rob,

Great to see you back posting....the off sounded serious .

Hope the bones mend quickly .......looking forward to digging you in the ribs in September.

Take care

Phil

eonan
29-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey mate, was sorry to read about your tumble. Really glad you're OK :)

alan c
29-07-2007, 01:59 PM
sorry to hear about your get off, hope you and bike sorted soon.

Julie
29-07-2007, 02:33 PM
nice to see you back on line posting.

Hope to poke you in the ribs soon x

gary tompkins
29-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Slob,

Try to steer clear of the trough until the ribs are sorted. If you over indulge you could burst Mr Creosote style :eyepopping:

I don't suppose anyone got any footage of the off? Sounded pretty spectacular & a top candidate for a YBF video - the £250 would have come in handy for the bike repairs too ;)

Muttley
29-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Oh and Muttley who gave me 8/10 for my triple somersault with half twist.

A little more hight and keep your feet together for the landing :dizzy:

Glad you bounced ok'ish, keep your furry chin up matey

slob
29-07-2007, 03:14 PM
A little more hight and keep your feet together for the landing

hahahahahahahaha!
OUCH!
barstard!

Mr Cake
29-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi Slob! Glad you're ok-ish. You certainly showed me how to highside properly! I had a quick look over your bike, it got away quite light but the right hand lock-stop is hanging by a thread. Just in case you miss it.

Dave

slob
29-07-2007, 03:25 PM
....the right hand lock-stop is hanging by a thread. Just in case you miss it.

Dave

Oh bugger! I had missed it thus far. It might take a little longer to fix than I thought. Thanks Dave

Mr Cake
29-07-2007, 03:32 PM
No probs, just get yourself sorted first and foremost!!!

Dave

Gilps
29-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm glad you and the bike aren't too beaten up Rob. We missed you over the weekend. We had loads of beer and food, and nothing for you to fix. Hope to see you soon. Love to you and Thulli.

slob
29-07-2007, 04:32 PM
...and nothing for you to fix...
good news!

Zimbo
29-07-2007, 04:32 PM
As above, we had to ride extra carefully and not bin it, with no technical support on hand!
Anyway, you'll need to try harder to keep up with Ali Knight, he had a little lie down no less that three times over the weekend! I'm looking forward to Phil C's video footage . . . .

CK & AK
29-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Slob, so sorry to hear of this mate for Zimbo & Gilps - hope you mend soon mate.

C < hugs >

Chappers
29-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry I missed your performance but had a spot of bother, hence I arrived when everyone was leaving (yellow SEAT Leon) - I did wave at a few peeps on their way out ;)

Glad to see you were smiling and didn't seem too badly beaten, shame about those ribs - I won't tell you a joke for a while as that will really hurt...that's if you would of laughed at it in the first place :)

Hopefully see you at Donington in 2wks :drunk:

Mand
30-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Hey Padraig, hope you are feeling a bit better now? I just wanted your bike in my garage so I could strip it and sell it on Fleabay. Love to Thuli. :D

giler
30-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Get well soon Slob.