PDA

View Full Version : Mallory TD - Thanks to Terry and All !!!

iconic944ss
29-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Hello one and All.....

Frank here from the distant North East and via the Ducati Sporting Club.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Terry and everyone here involved in making the TD at Mallory happen - I do have a good idea of just how much hard work goes on behind the scenes.

Joining in with a friendly club for my first time at Mallory, I'm sure, made all the difference - no problems on track for me at all - lots of respect being shown and everyone I chatted to had a great time.

PLUS! - Getting to ride a 1098 and a GT1000 for £10 cant be bad in anyones books (even if the GT left more of a smile on my face).

Thanks Again - Frank

Julie
29-07-2007, 06:48 AM
PLUS! - Getting to ride a 1098 and a GT1000 for £10 cant be bad in anyones books (even if the GT left more of a smile on my face).

Thanks Again - Frank

Your £10 went straight to the VISTA charity to help blind children! Thank you x

iconic944ss
29-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks Julie, even though I bought a CD of Pictures on the day (or no-one will ever believe I've ridden a 1098) - I'll still have some CD's from your good self, all in a good cause!

Here are a few mood shots I took in between frantic sessions:

Cheers - Frank

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/flsntl/IMG_1578%20(Medium).JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/flsntl/IMG_1593%20(Medium).JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/flsntl/IMG_1594%20(Medium).JPG

Julie
29-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Who's is that lovely KTM in that last shot!?

Rogerg
29-07-2007, 09:29 AM
would look even better with a set of super moto wheels on it.

ahem....

Geoff Avern
29-07-2007, 12:15 PM
A huge thanks to all for making it another fantastic trackday.

Of course, the biggest thanks is for Tel for doing it all over again in '07 after saying he wouldn't. Um ... Terry? ... maaaate? ... bonzer bloke that you are?

And my day? Just great!!!
- good to see some old faces (yes, OK ... mine must chronologically be one of the oldest),
- great to meet some new faces, many of them TD virgins with sparkling eyes and silly grins from the thrill of it,
- always heart-warming to see so many Monsters together, and especially those whose owners have imprinted themselves - I'm recalling the sweet Pink beasty and JMo's tasty mount amongst others,
- oh, I how I LOVE Gerrards - OK, I know I've only got an old 750 but what an amazing feeling the first time I rolled into Gerrards while still accelerating all the way from the Bus Stop! yeeeeeehaaaaa!
- I did pull out of the last session early after a sphincter-pucker moment when the lever came back to the bar on the way into the hairpin. Hey, it had already been a great day - no need to take stupid chances and have it end in poo, eh?

A short word for those trackday virgins - your typical commercial trackday is nothing like our club day. Inevitably there's at least one testosterone junky with trackbike R1's/Gixxer thou's, tyre-warmers, A range of fork oil weights, etc, etc, who then sign up in the Intermediates so's they can blast everyone, too close/late, to feed their already hyper-inflated egos. OUR trackday, on the other hand, is one of the friendliest and most enjoyable you will ever find. I'm sure plenty of members would agree with this. AND you get to ride new bikes from Ducati UK!!

For these reasons, we need to do everything we can to keep the tradition going. If there's some way a lot of us can do a little to ensure this happens, we should jump to it.

Cheers all, see you at next years TD, if not before,
Geoff

Thumper
29-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm recalling the sweet Pink beasty

:o :D hehehehehehe thank you!

You are right about other trackdays. I am going to Silverstone Wednesday on my other bike and it wont be the same as the UKMOC one. All those R1s, GSXRs and other nutters hooning around and then comparing knee sliders. Theres definately a real friendly atmosphere amongst this site and it was lovely to be a part of it!