PDA

View Full Version : Lady Retard of Hyper is down...

Nonnie
28-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes, folks it's true. Rachel (Benson) was today hit from behind waiting at traffic lights so not only did the stupid ****wit not see her, he evidently didn't see the flaming red traffic light either. She went to hospital on a spinal board (the attention seeker) and the 5 day old Hypermotard has been recovered. It was apparently holding the car up which is actually rather impressive. No apparent injuries which is even more impressive apart from it's gotta hurt in the morning pet.

Thank God you're OK Rach. I don't know what I would do without you!

Hope it doesn't hurt too much tomorrow.

Julie
28-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Oh no!!!

Please tell me this is a joke! This is sh1te news.

Hope you and the bike get better soon and glad you are ok-ish.

Hope to see you here soon posting

Thinking of you rach

Julie
x

Scotty
28-07-2007, 07:15 PM
unreal :(

get well soon

Pedro
28-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh no.... Rach, get better soon hun.

Ped

Nonnie
28-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I wish it was a joke too but it isn't.

With Slob having his off yesterday at the track day, I'm starting to think Team Crumble is doomed!

Have spoken to her lots and she IS ok. She's gutted about the bike though but has been thoroughly checked over at hospital.

xx

JMo
28-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Bugger...

I quite fancied a hypermotard headlight for my monster, but this wasn't the way I was hoping to get one...

That is truely bad news...

Get well soon petal... (and fingers crossed for wireless internet access at hospital x)

xxx

Tigerlily
28-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh no, poor Rachael (and bike). Hope you're both back on the road soon.

I hope the car driver gets what he deserves.

Mand
28-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh no! What a bag of sh!te!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mand xx

Nonnie
28-07-2007, 07:27 PM
She is at home obviously being waited on hand and foot!

She'd better be up and about by Thursday, we got a girlie road trip planned! At least she has a choice of other bikes to use and I promise not to make you sleep in a tent. We'll get comfy beds and some nice fresh sea air for your recuperation.

bigredduke
28-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Rachel
Really sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you are OK soon, must have been a real shock. How things change within 24 hours.
Paul

Gadget
28-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Deary.
Get well soon.
Hope you are not in too much pain. CU soon.

fatbloke
28-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Probably starring at her arse and lost concentration
get well soon Hypermotart

singletrack
28-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Oh no!

That's awful news.

I hope you are ok Rachel. I don't care about the bike.

Was it a 65+ year old guy wearing glasses who hit you? They seem to lie in wait at traffic lights and roundabouts until someone stops on a bike, then they drive into you.

Get well soon.

Rogerg
28-07-2007, 08:31 PM
bloody hell.

take the fecker to the cleaners rache.

heal well.

SazzaG
28-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Get well soon Rachel!

Hope you're not too sore.

The bike can be fixed - after all, they're mainly plastic!

gary tompkins
28-07-2007, 08:54 PM
OMG!!! - seems like UKMOC's having a bad-luckfest at the moment :worried:

Sorry to hear about the prang Benson & hope you're on the mend soon

Sounds like the 'tard will be in a bad way. The f@ckwit that took you out deserves to be strung up by the bollox... assuming it was a bloke at the wheel? Hopefully their insurance will cough up quickly & put things right.

Didge
28-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Get well soon hon. Glad that at least you didn't get badly hurt.
Must have been a shock tho'.
Electronic web type hugs & kisses.

XXXXXXXX

mad_turnips
29-07-2007, 01:23 AM
hope all damage is repairable to both of you get well soon

Dave in USA
29-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Get well soon Darlin :dizzy:

Hugs from across the big puddle....

Dave & Ginger

xxxx

barbican
29-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Thets horrid - get well soon

Geoff Avern
29-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Sorry to hear of the prang Rachel but glad you're OK - that's the really important thing.

Geoff

benson
29-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Well here I am again. Sore as feck but still I'm OK even if the bike is totalled... (I think it will be but we'll have to wait and see...)

I was with my friend Julstine on her MP3 (3 wheeled hoolign machines - very impressive!) at a set of lights in Hitchin (sadly just on the way to help her spend a LOT of money) when suddenly BANG - I'm shunted forwards, wearing the handlebars as an interesting belt tpe thing but still holding the grips - marks out of 10 for artistic merit would have been hard to beat.

I didn't actually fall off which apparently caused a bit of a cheer from the market traders...

I very nearly very badly hurt the young twat in the ford fiesta (I mean - it could have been something more classy!) but the emergency guys arrived before I could have inflicted and damage on him. The police were really fast onto the scene as were the paramedics - my thanks to them all, esp[ecially the man who said he'd not had so much fun strapping anyone to a spinal baord in a long time! (I think it was the leather, the tatoos and the red jacket!!!:thumbsup: )

The bike was recevered god knows where - I have a number that I'll call in the morning to find out what to do next and of course the insurance/legal guys & gals will no doubt advise me as to what to do next... As Slob said - at least it wasn't Frank...

Anyway - thank you for all the notes and PMs, it's such a great feeling to know your mates are out there rooting for you when it feels like the world is against you - but as Terry said, maybe I just want two new bikes in a short space of time!

Tak care and from now on I recommend rear facing AK47s on all bikes as standard....

Nonnie
29-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Hurrah!!!!

Hello dear friend!

I can't imagine you were any trouble to the emergency services at all.....

Hurrah again for getting up and posting and stuff and everything

xx

It might be cool to have been hit by it if you had written it Phord Phiesta. Feel better now? Thought so.

benson
29-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Oh hell yeah - I'm off now to work out how to put the picson the web of the most trendy car jack in the entire world... My pooor poor baby... (reckon it's a gonner...)

Nonnie
29-07-2007, 08:57 AM
OMG you have photos?!

This should be amazing/terrifying/heartbreaking....I feel a rollercoaster of emotions about to descend.

benson
29-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes I do - about 6 of them but I'm a bit dim when it comes to posting pics so you might have to make do with e mail!!!:dunce:

Anyway - as everyone has said, the bike is just a thing - I'm pretty much OK apart from a series of bizarre aches and pains and hopefully the ibuprofen will ease those off...

Now here's to the road trip - and I promise, I will stop reversing into cars at speed!!!!!:D

Nonnie
29-07-2007, 09:09 AM
OK then, it's me, you, Phat Phranc and King Juan off to not reverse into cars at speed. We will ride off facing away from the oncoming traffic, avoiding all obstacles whilst maintaining a classy and demure stylee.

Ha!

benson
29-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Good stuff - and I know this was a bit too far just to avoid camping and sleeping on the ground! :mand:

Nonnie
29-07-2007, 09:12 AM
I bought a 12 man tent.

I really really did.

It was total bargainia!

benson
29-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Blimey that's a big one!!! I am impressed - truly - your hardiness beats mine any day of the week...

Grib
29-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Awww, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon and get the bike sorted nice and quick :)

benson
29-07-2007, 10:27 AM
thanks for the good wishes all & here's hoping it gets sorted soon...

slob
29-07-2007, 11:46 AM
You may be in the infamous position of being the first person in the UK to trash a Hypermotard! Even if it wasn't actually you that did the deed. I know Dave/Everton (who was riding his 999R at Mallory) was the first person in the country to have crashed a 1098.

benson
29-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Well I'll do anything for attention - you know me!!!!!

Gilps
29-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I was real shocked and sorry to hear about your accident Rachel, but at least thankfully you are OK which has go to be the main thing. Take care.

Blah blah
29-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Glad, you're ok, shame about the bike though...
Mind you, just think of all the shiny, carbon bits you can buy when you take him to the cleaners !

Paivi
29-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Glad to hear you're on the mend, Rachel, hope the bike is the same. Anything to get your name on as many Ducati fora as possible, eh? ;):rolleyes:

Get well soon!

scrapps
29-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Glad you are ok :thumbsup: sorry to hear about your shunt,:thumbsdown: as has been said take the tw ats insurance company to the cleaners..

Chappers
29-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I couldn't believe it when Scrumpster told us your awful news!:shocked:

Glad you're ok, the ache's and pains will go in a few days and you'll be back to normal...whatever normal is.

Hopefully it's a write-off as there's nothing worse than having a damaged bike back - it's never quite the same and you usually have little niggly problems after.

You take care now and hopefully see you soon x

benson
29-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks again everyone for the very kind words and wishes - tomorrow I begin the insurance and legal fun and games so I hope we can get the thing sorted fast. I'll keep you all updated with what happens - off first thing to the local plod with my documents and to start to find out who the little twonk is who ploughed into me...

Sleep well and may I recommend rear mounted assault rifles for self protection?

xxx

squiffything
30-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Rach that is such bad luck but you are ok and for all of us that's the best thing. The bike will be replaced but you are one of a kind and totally irreplacable. If you need anything doing just shout my best mate works here in the office so he can give you advice on the insurance side of things if it starts to get a bit troublesome. Don't you go doing anything silly like going to work too soon until you know all is ok with you. Sometimes these things have a habit of catching up with you days after the accident so take it easy and don't forget wine IS a good medication if you have enough you end up not feeling the pain :)

Half Man Half Mole
30-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Bummer. Get well soon.

Mike

queen_gpants
30-07-2007, 08:10 AM
What a nightmare Rach, piccies of the bike dont look good hun BUT at least YOU are ok!

Hope the aches and pains wear off soon x x

benson
30-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Back again - just reported it all to Equity Red Star my insurers through Ducati insurance brokers - they were really helpful and reassuring. They're getting an engineer out to look at the bike which was recovered to Saunders in Hitchin, should hear from the engineer directly.

Been on the phone to the legal bods too - expecting a call in the next two days from a solicitor to recover the excess and other bits and bobs.

In a way I hope it's written off - but then again I don't - we were beginning to bond and I'd all but run it in!!!

Whatever happens I know I wasn't hurt too badly at all which is the main thing that's beginning to sink in even though I would dearly love to hurt the little ****er who hit me but that's what insurancec is for I guess...
So there's not a lot more I can do now is there except wait and miss the most amazing bike I've ridden in a long time (but it's not a monster!!!)

Thanks again gang for all the support - this is a special place for many of us and this horrible incident makes me more determined to work for the club to make sure it stays as special a place for all of us as it has become...

JerryXt
30-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Tak care and from now on I recommend rear facing AK47s on all bikes as standard....

...particle beam matched to parking sensors :)

Glad to hear you're progressing. Receipts for everything and SUE!

banditloon
30-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Glad your ok Rach!! I hope a jet engine, or a large motorcycle falls on the muppets head sometime soon!! :D

I had a near miss this morning with a Merc this morning. I'm negotiating a roundabout, this bloke just drives straight out, focusing straight ahead, his head didn't even turn right at all to register vehicles driving round the roundabout. I pressed the noise button (that sounds like beep, so gave up and revved the crap out of the engine as it's louder!), two fingers were stuck up from the passenger!!

Quick turn around in a gravel car park (as I had already gone past the point to go back round the roundabout!), chased after this car, and pulled up the side of the drivers window! Never seen a fat bloke in a pink rugby shirt s**t himself so much. Then again, I think I would, complete physco on a bike, wearing a 'police' bomber jacket, knocking on the drivers side window, and waving "HELLO!!!"

Full moon must be soon (or was it last night??), numpties back in the cages and the sun is out. Be afraid, be very afriad!!

emily's driver
30-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Rachel it appears your incident has reached even the American forums!! Saw this earlier today, whilst surfing one of my regular haunts. Hope you are feeling better today.

http://www.1098-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6056

benson
30-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I truly am an international star....I've joined the forum as it happens - I will be auctioning my autograph on EBAY in the not too distant future...:chuckle:

hope to hear from the solicitor in a few days about my claim and hopefully the engineer will get to take a look at the bike before too long...:bunny:

Whip lash is lousy :cens: - it's got worse today then it was yesterday so bring on the drugs (please???)

bigredduke
30-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I heard on dubious authority that you enjoyed a bit of whiplash on the quiet.

benson
30-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Shhh - that's what the paramedic said as he strapped me down on the spinal board - there are poeple that pay for what I got for free on Saturday afternoon in Hitchin!!!:chuckle: :ymca: :chuckle:

scrumpster
30-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Blimey mate, just seen the photo's, that's one hell of a paddock stand you got yourself there :look: Hope you feel better soon, keep me up to speed as it were

Chaos
31-07-2007, 06:11 AM
soooo sorry to hear it rachael...... glad you are ok tho'......as bikes can be repaired/replaced.... hope to see you at wsb.... take care xx

benson
31-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks Scrumps & Chaos - all being well I'll be there on Sunday. Off to the plod this morning with my documents and a request for a dawn raid on the little fecker wot hit me!!:woot:

bad-yeti
31-07-2007, 07:26 AM
I've only just seen this.

What can I say, I'm so so sorry to hear this.

Wishing both you and the Hyper a speedy recovery.

Hugs and stuff and things.

JerryXt
31-07-2007, 07:42 AM
If you still have soft tissue damage, go get some proper treatment and send the receipt to the insurance company. There's no sense suffering when they'll pay.

benson
31-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Thanks m8 - can I borrow the weapons in your screen shot perhaps??

mystic
31-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Hope you and the bike both make a speedy recovery.:thumbsup:
At least it $*@ed his car up!
What a t@*%!!!!:twak:

martin b
31-07-2007, 01:42 PM
hope you get better soon Rachel

Martin b

benson
31-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks - I'm less stiff today than yesterday but still a bit sore - here's to ibuprofen!

banditloon
31-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Those pictures remind me of something....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/banditloon/BB01.jpg

Ah, dodgy Ford drivers... That was my mates Bandit, that had a Ford Focus 'trailer' Only thing my mate lost (apart from his bike), was his trousers when the fire brigade had to 'cut' him out of the saddle where he was pinned!!

Hope the insurance company sort the claim out soon Rach!! :thumbsup:

benson
31-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Bloody hell - that's a sight!!!

On reflection I know I got off soooooo lightly and no trouser cutting for me either! I hope youre mate was OK...

I've been told to leave it a couple of days until I start endleessly harrassing the claims people - and then I can start to vent my increasing frustration at not having the new bike I've been dreaming of....

spares geezer
31-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi Rachel, Sorry to hear about your prang but hopefully you haven't got too many scars to remind you the event. At least the bike can be replaced but I don't envy the next time your sitting at lights, bet your stomach will be churning.

Take it easy

Stuart

benson
31-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks Stu - compared to your rather epic shoulder zip my whip lash is nothing! Was really good to see you at the track day - you seem to be recovering well...Meanwhile if the Hyper ever gets back on the road I'll be hoping you've got some suitable bling I can sell my soul for!!!

gremlin
31-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Sorry to hear of your incident, it seems to be a thing with Rachels and fords, my mate in Norwich has just had her bike "eaten" by a transit the pics were pretty awesome, whole of the back end inside the grill, the numpty driving lost his job because of it. Get physio asap whiplash creeps up on you and can really sod your life around. Hope the twat who hit you gets well and truly done! At least if you're hit up the rear it's pretty much guarenteed to be classed as their fault so you shouldn't have any worries there. It's a shame when it's such a new bike too. Take it easy hon and get sorted.

spares geezer
01-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Sure to have some stuff soon :mand:

Thanks Stu - compared to your rather epic shoulder zip my whip lash is nothing! Was really good to see you at the track day - you seem to be recovering well...Meanwhile if the Hyper ever gets back on the road I'll be hoping you've got some suitable bling I can sell my soul for!!!

Nonnie
01-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Eeeewwww you vulture

benson
07-08-2007, 07:08 AM
With a seemingly ironic title, Hyside motorcycles in Colliers Wood took delivery of my Hyper yesterday from the storage place in Hitchin. They gave me a call and said I could go and see it if I wanted to. Apparently they have clever machines and things that can x ray and laser the beastie to see what the damage actually is. It's due for examination later today.

I met Ronnie and Andy from the garage who both seemed nice guys, not full of banter or false promises but basically keen to win me and the UKMOC over as a believer in what they could do as a Ducati franchise which is always a good thing.

I'll let you know what happens. On looking at the bike the only things you can see (and I know that's probably no guide) are the broken tail unit, and a scuff on the rear tyre where the other guys tyre hit/rested on mine. The front handguard has been badly scuffed, apparently by the crane doo dah which separated the bike and car and lifted it onto the flat bed. So - will wait and see what happens.

meanwhile me and the hired Bandit 1200 are bonding in a large bike/boat sort of way, but I have to admit it's a bit of a giggle riding a big 4 again!

Watch this space and let's see if I am truly the first to write off a Hyper...What a dubious honour...

gary tompkins
07-08-2007, 07:35 AM
If you still have soft tissue damage, go get some proper treatment and send the receipt to the insurance company. There's no sense suffering when they'll pay.

If some knob managed to re-arrange rear end of my ride, then I think it's them that would be suffering "soft tissue damage" - not me. Not sure how hard I could kick before my leg flew off - but it would be interesting to find out ;)

Glad to see you are making progress one way or another Rachel. It's times like this you find out just how good (or bad) insurance co's can be. Sincerely hope you don't get d1cked around too much, and the claim for the 'tard gets sorted fast.

singletrack
19-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Any news about your bike yet Rachel?

Just to get you green with envy again here's an up to date piccie of mine
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w2/singletrack_photos/hypernew2.jpg?t=1187528339

benson
19-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Jealous? Moi???? YES!!!! I've sent you a PM Anne.....