PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum point

Fast Eddie
28-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Planning to install my Mk7 Scottoiler but am not sure where the vacuum point on the inlet tract is. The close up picture on the Scottoiler site is too 'close up' to help my non mechanical mind. Is it on the right or left side of the engine?
Eddie.

eonan
28-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Planning to install my Mk7 Scottoiler but am not sure where the vacuum point on the inlet tract is. The close up picture on the Scottoiler site is too 'close up' to help my non mechanical mind. Is it on the right or left side of the engine?
Eddie.

Hi Eddie,

Its on the left hand side of the bike, along the intake manifold of the vertical cylinder. I'll go and take a picture and post it in a minute or two.

Here you go...

Scotty
28-07-2007, 01:03 PM
the silver tube(s) between injectors and the engine (pick either theres a bolt i na hole to take out )

eonan
28-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Doh! Just noticed what bike you have :o

Stafford
28-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Try this piccie of the left hand side rear inlet tract
Stafford

Fast Eddie
28-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the help guys. The picture is really useful Stafford. Hi to Eonan, there doesn't seem to be many Monsterers north of the border!
Cheers,Eddie

Stafford
28-07-2007, 07:44 PM
You're welcome Eddie that's mine with an oiler vac fitted.

I guess from Eonan's Avatar that he wears nothing under his kilt :banana:

eonan
29-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the help guys. The picture is really useful Stafford. Hi to Eonan, there doesn't seem to be many Monsterers north of the border!
Cheers,Eddie

Hey Eddie, I've just noticed you're not too far away from me...I'm living in Pencaitland at the moment. If you haven't already you should get yourself onto the Ducati Up North forum. Brilliant bunch of folk with plenty of local ride outs :thumbsup:

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/

Fast Eddie
29-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I was through Pencaitland this morning on my way into the hills for a run with some mates. It was a run of the 2 legged variety rather than 2 wheels! We ended it with a dunk in a pool in a stream coming off the hill. What a great way to spend your birthday morning! Back for a cooked breakfast and then unwrapped my presents - highlight being a front paddock stand. Can't be bad.
Like the 900 pictures, lovely bike, has given me some ideas for future improvements to my S4.
Eddie.

Fast Eddie
30-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Did as suggested Eonan and registered on DUN website, thanks for that, looks great. Maybe see you out and about in East Lothian one of these days.
Eddie.

Scotty
30-07-2007, 07:26 PM
that must be the most successful poach of a member ever :!

eonan
30-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Did as suggested Eonan and registered on DUN website, thanks for that, looks great. Maybe see you out and about in East Lothian one of these days.
Eddie.

Aye chance would be a fine thing. The guy who's painting the new tank got half way through, before coming down with pneumonia :( I really hope he's OK...he's a really great guy (not to mention one of the best painters I've ever seen). I feel pretty sh!tty, but I did have a sneaky peak and googled 'pneumonia recovery time' just out of curiousity :o

eonan
30-07-2007, 07:31 PM
that must be the most successful poach of a member ever :!

Nothing wrong with a bit of forum promiscuity :p

Fast Eddie
30-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah well he's probably a bit bored by now and looking to get away from day time television. Give him a call and suggest getting on with your tank might take his mind off the racking cough, shakes and sweats.